Classic = classic models only

Classic Discussion
03/25/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Vhok
wow another classic models only thread.

There are far, far more new model or toggle threads than there are classic model threads.
i haven't seen a single new models thread, i have seen people talk about new models in the old models only threads
03/25/2018 08:53 PMPosted by Vhok
i haven't seen a single new models thread, i have seen people talk about new models in the old models only threads

So far every single thread about graphics or a toggle is about new models/animations with the exception of this one and maybe one other
link them :)
03/24/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Daraya
NO CHANGES

NO TOGGLE

TOGGLE CONFUSES CUSTOMERS

TOGGLE SUCKS

If one is confused by a toggle and it’s function, then I would suggest an entirely different game.

You typing in caps kinda highlights my point.
If one is confused by a toggle and it’s function, then I would suggest an entirely different game.

You do realize a lot of people playing live wow dont even know there is a toggle in system-advanced-show new character models?

You do realize a lot of people never tried to toggle off that toggle and never understand Blood/Night elves/Draenei and tauren old models got erased on live servers?

You do realize blizzard removed a lot of toggles (like display lua error) in Legion because it confused customers?

You do realize people have no idea what most toggles on live servers could do.

You do realize people dont even know they can adjust the weather density on live servers by using CVars but they still ask for that?
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762116156

You do realize even a start screen changed confused customers which made windows 8 a failure and disaster?

Think of it.

Toggle does confuse customers.

Some would even argue opening classic wow would be a confusing towards WoW.
New models and Transmogs are going to be in the classic server...it really is for the best.
03/25/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Vhok
link them :)

No because if your to lazy to scroll through the first 5 pages your arent going to read them anyhow.
03/26/2018 07:41 AMPosted by Cleansweep
New models and Transmogs are going to be in the classic server...it really is for the best.

No, its not for the best; you should go back and read all of the threads regarding transmog. There are numerous reasons why Mog will never be in classic. As much as I enjoy playing dressup on the live game it does not belong in Classic for a whole long laundry list of very good reasons.

Also Classic models are not in BFA, so why would BFA models be in Classic?

The only way I would be alright with the modern models is if they made this like selecting a different race where you have MORE OPTIONS for character models. I like some of the modern models, but not all of them. I feel the modern models actually offer less choice in customization simply because some of the faces are so bad that I am forced to cover them up with a bag..

Worse are some of the race animations; they make the old human running animation look good... /cough modern human = old male draeni running animation.. God help us, I didn't know that the modern art model maker could have picked out worse animations.. That guy gets an F if I were the teacher.

Unfortunately they don't handle the modern models correctly *when they clearly can*

Because they don't handle it correctly I am 100% against including them.
03/26/2018 10:33 AMPosted by GildaA9649
03/26/2018 07:41 AMPosted by Cleansweep

No, its not for the best; you should go back and read all of the threads regarding transmog. There are numerous reasons why Mog will never be in classic. As much as I enjoy playing dressup on the live game it does not belong in Classic for a whole long laundry list of very good reasons.
Don't worry about that troll. All he does is post that same nonsense in every one of his posts. Been doing it for months. First on Brightblade, now on Cleansweep, and soon he'll change his posting character again and continue the trend. That's how most trolls on this forum work. It's not hard to figure out who's who.
03/26/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Mogar
Don't worry about that troll

Ah, I did not know. I really should pay better attention. Thank you Mogar.
Toggling is the best solution if they can get it to work. No one cares about you wanting to control someone elses personal preference for graphical quality because you are RPing that everyone has low rez textures. That is the most juvenile argument I have ever heard. RP servers were 2% of the total servers and im sure there will be RP Vanilla servers. They can leave that one specifically with no toggles if thats really what you wish (even though you would NEVER know otherwise and it changes literally nothing).
03/25/2018 11:17 PMPosted by Daraya

You do realize a lot of people playing live wow dont even know there is a toggle in system-advanced-show new character models?

You do realize a lot of people never tried to toggle off that toggle and never understand Blood/Night elves/Draenei and tauren old models got erased on live servers?

You do realize blizzard removed a lot of toggles (like display lua error) in Legion because it confused customers?

You do realize people have no idea what most toggles on live servers could do.

You do realize people dont even know they can adjust the weather density on live servers by using CVars but they still ask for that?
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762116156

You do realize even a start screen changed confused customers which made windows 8 a failure and disaster?

Think of it.

Toggle does confuse customers.

Some would even argue opening classic wow would be a confusing towards WoW.
then no problem.

ADD the toggle, but leave the DEFAULT setting set to "Vanilla Graphics" mode. Anyone who is confused or doesn't understand toggles will see vanilla graphics.

Anyone who really wants better graphics will do the research or at least look at their graphics options and try the toggle. Those players can get better graphics, on their screens with absolutely zero effect on anyone else.
03/26/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Majesti
Toggling is the best solution if they can get it to work.
A "solution" to what? You act as though preserving Classic as it was is a problem. It isn't.
03/26/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Plum
A "solution" to what? You act as though preserving Classic as it was is a problem. It isn't.

Well said, people seem to be looking to create a problem, so they can justify their "solution".
03/26/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Plum
Exactly, a solution to what? People want to be able to toggle off Classic? Just think about that and you see how absurd it is. It shouldn't even be a consideration.
03/26/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Mistwynd
then no problem.

ADD the toggle, but leave the DEFAULT setting set to "Vanilla Graphics" mode. Anyone who is confused or doesn't understand toggles will see vanilla graphics.

Anyone who really wants better graphics will do the research or at least look at their graphics options and try the toggle. Those players can get better graphics, on their screens with absolutely zero effect on anyone else.

No toggle.
Toggle confuses customers, UI and increases the client-size.

You should take the risks for doing model changes on classic if you want new models.
Did we have toggles back in 2004-2005?

NO WE DIDN'T

The community, and the private servers... Even nostalrius..

We all asked blizzard for "Original Classic" servers....

NO FANCY TOGGLES - NO CRAP..

Go play BFA, if you want that kind of thing....

It does effect the customers... it does bother me to watch streamers using new models..

Dear god.. please leave classic alone...
03/26/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Vhok
how about colorblind mode? that wasen't in vanilla. seriously !@#$ you nochangers get a life. things change
Are you seriously comparing an accommodation for a disability to adding superfluous Legion crap?