Why a timer when theres a vote kick?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
04/04/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Paeldryth
I'm more shocked that tanks still get mad about pet taunting in 2018.
my nameplates change colors when a mob isn't hitting me, this is important information because it could be hitting something actually important like other dps or a healer. It also reduces the amount of procs I get on my abilities, lowering my dps and gets the hunter pet killed, lowering their dps. Your inability to do something as basic as right click an ability costs time. You get 1 warning, then you get the boot.
04/04/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Kuranna
<span class="truncated">...</span>It also means three can queue together and kick people at will.

But they can’t.
What do you mean they can't we have done it before.

Edit: Also, we didn't need a 4th vote to pass it.
04/04/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Grafty
I think it should really be 4 votes required.

How about a compromise:

Majority Vote (1 who initiated and 2 yes vote) = kicked but no 10 min lock out..

Unanimous vote (all four votes) = kicked and locked out.
The timer is there because once upon a time when the timer for kicking didn't exist tanks and healers would demand to be removed from the group so they could requeue for a different dungeon. I'd much prefer the system we have now over the one from when it was originally implemented.

Also, the majority should be able to remove someone for whatever reason they see fit. It makes getting rid of clowns easier.
04/04/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Kyraz
People just don't have much empathy, or concern about other players unless the issue concerns something that they, themselves, think is an issue.

We can have empathy while still thinking every idea they propose to "fix things" is stupid. Its like laws, pretty much every law named after a child is a bad law.
Usually, people figure it out. I love it when a warlock swaps to their imp after a pull or two, remembering they don't need the blueberry out. I used to ask people to turn growl off, but now I generally don't care. It's obnoxious and inconsiderate, but in most cases not fatal.

My friend and I always queue as a tank-healer duo, which basically gives us default control of the group. On my priest, I heal as disc because that's really all that's needed in 5 man content. Had a group kick me for "queued as healer and just attacking," clearly not understanding how disc works and also not caring that no one died. Meh. My tank called them idiots and quit, we did a couple quests while his debuff wore off and then queued again. Got a smarter group.

If you get kicked for doing something dumb or inconsiderate, well chalk it up to learning and try not to do that again. If you get kicked because your groupmates are idiots, count your blessings and go get a sandwich or get some xp/rep while your debuff runs out. Don't let it bug you too much.
04/04/2018 10:56 PMPosted by Kaijia
Usually, people figure it out. I love it when a warlock swaps to their imp after a pull or two, remembering they don't need the blueberry out. I used to ask people to turn growl off, but now I generally don't care. It's obnoxious and inconsiderate, but in most cases not fatal.

My friend and I always queue as a tank-healer duo, which basically gives us default control of the group. On my priest, I heal as disc because that's really all that's needed in 5 man content. Had a group kick me for "queued as healer and just attacking," clearly not understanding how disc works and also not caring that no one died. Meh. My tank called them idiots and quit, we did a couple quests while his debuff wore off and then queued again. Got a smarter group.

If you get kicked for doing something dumb or inconsiderate, well chalk it up to learning and try not to do that again. If you get kicked because your groupmates are idiots, count your blessings and go get a sandwich or get some xp/rep while your debuff runs out. Don't let it bug you too much.

This is a good, relaxed approach and one from someone that understands that sometimes the key to happiness is managing your expectations.

I'm sorry that you had to experience an annoying and stressful dungeon run, OP. I'm hoping your GF sticks with it because it can be the polar opposite of what she experienced - which I'm sure you can attest to having played for a bit.
04/04/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Sykokiller
Then how about no timer after first kick, ten minutes second one, third kick is 30 minutes. 4 is one hour.

Penalizing everyone is never the correct response.
When you pony up the cash for your own game, you can do that. Seriously, you people act like coding this stuff in can be done during a lunch break.

Unless you are getting kicked two or three times a day, the penalty box is not that big of a deal. And if you are getting kicked two or three times a day, make better life choices.
04/04/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Tharna
my nameplates change colors when a mob isn't hitting me, this is important information because it could be hitting something actually important like other dps or a healer. It also reduces the amount of procs I get on my abilities, lowering my dps and gets the hunter pet killed, lowering their dps. Your inability to do something as basic as right click an ability costs time. You get 1 warning, then you get the boot.

Another bad tank that doesn't understand how threat works in 2018.

My reaction when my tidyplates changed color? "Oh, just a hunter's pet taunting. W/E."

Why? Because hunters that forget it are doing trivial dungeons.
04/04/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Panoptes
04/04/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Sneakyapple
The vote to kick system is poor in practice.

If my buddies and I run a LFG group, and some dude is slightly rude or anything, my buddies start a vote to kick with a funny comment or something, and we usually turn it down. Yet if we were different, we could very easily screw that person over from one comment for the next 10 minutes.

This mechanic really needs work.

Alright, what do you propose? A human reviewing each VtK request is just not going to happen as it is time constrained so what other ways you could do this?

For starters lock people into the role they queue for. That'll fix about 70% of the issues I have when I use LFG. Secondly, there shouldn't be a penalty for the person kicked, at least not for the first one. If you get kicked from a normal/heroic dungeon like 5/10 times then you can get the penalty.