Idea: Make ALL zones scale!

General Discussion
I think this would add life and value to every single area/dungeon/quest in the game!
But....all zones are scaled? Unless you mean, make it so every zone scales to 110? I personally wouldnt have a problem with that.
People would stay in Stockades until 110.
So, you have yourself a lowbie, leveling up in world questing, he tags a mob, it scales to that lowbie level and lets say a friendly max level, not in party hangs back to jump in and one-shot kill the target? Is that a way this could work?
No.
04/07/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Jerevon
So, you have yourself a lowbie, leveling up in world questing, he tags a mob, it scales to that lowbie level and lets say a friendly max level, not in party hangs back to jump in and one-shot kill the target? Is that a way this could work?

It probably would work in the same way the prelaunch Legion invasions

Which I have no idea how that worked technically though seemed complicated
I think this would be a terrible idea and I've heard some pretty positive feedback from some folks about how it it's currently done-- XP gains not included in this discussion.
They should definitely have all the older content scale to 100. Getting right down to it, everything prior to Legion is basically irrelevant, so who cares if you're doing certain zones at level 30 or level 90? It's not as if it makes any chronological sense, anyway. Consider my leveling experience with this character:

1) I started out at the end of Legion.
2) I traveled back in time to Cataclysm.
3) I traveled back in time again to Northrend.
4) I traveled forward in time a couple years to go to Pandaria.
5) I went to Draenor.
6) I went to the Broken Isles, and I'm now catching up to my original timeline.

It's a mess. So why not just let people level in whatever zones they like? So let's take the Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Northrend, Pandaria, Outland, and Draenor, and put the level cap at 100. That way if someone wants they can skip some expansions entirely and stick to the old world or something similar. My leveling experience would've certainly been better if I could've skipped Northrend and Draenor. Unfortunately, the old world caps at 60, so I had to abandon it. I would've enjoyed that leveling experience a lot more if I could've stayed there, though.
04/07/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Ob
04/07/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Miffi
I think this would add life and value to every single area/dungeon/quest in the game!

!@#$ you

04/07/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Hushpaw
No.

Zone scaling sucks!
Doing scaling to 110 across all zones would need to be a toggle. I would support it if it was done like that.

Doing it mandatory, NO. I like scaling, but even before they released it as I had already said i would prefer it to be a toggle. I would love to be able to do nostalgia runs and questing on characters I never got to do zones with. But I would never require it for people who want to rush through places to just get those places cleared fast when they out level the place.

As a side note, if I could take this guy into lower level dungeons and be scaled for them, I would help people level through the cata dungeons. I actually like them a lot and since I know all the mechanics quite well, I could help groups immensely.
Yes, let's devalue levelling even more.
Sunday is tomarrow btw and How about no can we not ?We just made it so blizz would let us back to soloing old raids again for transmog. Can we not have this issue again? Like for real plz no .
04/07/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Hushpaw
No.

Yes.
The only change I want to level scaling is for MoP to scale to 100, so I don't ever have to set foot in Draenor again.
I would love if there were more options to go to at 20, and able to stay in the old world til at least 80.
I would not mind if all expansions up to warlords scaled to 100.
3 minutes until Sunday where I'm at.
If it lets my alt skip levelling in Outland and northrend sure.
They should do that if they ever do a level squish.