People who macro messages with spells...

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next
04/11/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Ythisens

My favorite was a Shaman I raided SoO with:
/cast Bloodlust
/yell THAT'S MY PURSE! I DON'T KNOW YOU!

I’m stealing this.
When I was running it I used to have:

/cast Serenity
/y YOU CAN'T TAKE THE SKY FROM ME

Was fun to see how many got it vs. how many thought it was some weird Windwalker RP thing. ;p
04/11/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Angel
I didn't know I wasn't allowed to do this in your game. Sorry Quinzal. I should have checked your rules on what's acceptable and whats not.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
04/11/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Mauerbrecher
When I used to raid, I had messages macro'd with my big cooldowns telling everyone I was casting said big cooldown so people would know I was using them and they would be on cooldown.

But yeah, the RP messages are a bit ehhhh.

To each their own, though.

I tried that, but the problem is the callout would happen even if the spell didn't land for some reason. So ended up worthless - or worse, would tell team members to not use a CC when they need to more than before I tried to CC haha.
That reminds me I still need to put in commands like "DEVIL CHOP" "DEVIL KICK' "DEVIL BEAM" onto my demon hunter
04/12/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Ryuda

/cast Serenity

Was fun to see how many got it vs. how many thought it was some weird Windwalker RP thing. ;p

Inara was taken on my server so Enara it is.
#showtooltip Arcane Pulse(Racial)
/script s={"An illusion, what are you hiding?","Who goes there?","Something is not quite right"};SendChatMessage(s[random(1,3)], "SAY")
/cast Arcane Pulse(Racial)
The only one I have macro'd is my innervate, which whispers the target that I cast innervate on them and they should go ham with their healing spells.
04/12/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Geniocracy
#showtooltip Arcane Pulse(Racial)
/script s={"An illusion, what are you hiding?","Who goes there?","Something is not quite right"};SendChatMessage(s[random(1,3)], "SAY")
/cast Arcane Pulse(Racial)

You sir... win the internet today. LOL.
04/11/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Zerata
Or they could be smart and download an add-on like SpeakingSpell that allows you to set cooldowns or % chances on the text so that instead of being spammed everytime they hit the button, it instead only does it 15% of the time or can only happen every 2 minutes or whatever.

Plus, it removes the need to use a macro.

But that's just my thoughts.

Oooooh, I'll have to try that. I've always wanted to be able to say, "Silence, ye fiend of the infernal pit!" when using Rebuke on someone. But not every single time, because then it would get tiresome even for me, and some fights are rather interrupt-heavy.

I don't have my yelling macros tied to particular abilities. They're on separate buttons I hit when the opportunity presents itself. Like on dwarf characters there's the button I use when something knocks me up in the air: "Nobody tosses a dwarf!"

Every dwarf should have that one.
I'm gonna have to retool it because of the GCD changes, but I'm not ashamed to have "TAZ'DINGOOOOO" macrod to BattleAvaZerking, and "Nottin ya can do about it..." for Enraged Regen.

My druid's got "Darkspear nevah die" and "Nalorakk got mah back!" on Survival instincts.

My general rule is to keep it off of rotational abilities, but cooldowns can be great RP fodder.
04/11/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Avihindra
04/11/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Ataxerxes
After “True Grit” came out I had an Avenger’s Shield macro:

/yell FILL YOUR HANDS, YOU SON OF A MURLOC!

I haven’t used it in ... a long time.

Errrrrr 'True Grit" was released before WoW was it not?
We are talking the good version right? The one with John Wayne in it.

There was one in ... 2012? I liked both, but John Wayne was a far better Rooster Cogburn.
Is it bad I have “nuclear launch detected..” Macroed to my racial lights judgement?

After reading about that addon I want “popped crusade and I’m not even on Facebook!” As a proc chance for crusade.
Report people doing this. Apparently it violates ToS. My previous account got silenced for doing this and when I appealed both via ticket and cs forum, they defended the silence.
I ran into someone once that was hearthing, and they had a macro that had a message that you'd read while they did the hearth cast, saying "Chevron 1 encoded, Chevron 2 encoded, Chevron 3...."

It actually made me laugh, far too much, I'll admit.
04/12/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Ryuda

/cast Serenity

#BrownCoats4Life
Why are you staring at your chat box?

I'm more concerned about somebody not paying attention than somebody doing literally anything passive they don't have to pay attention to.
Light give me Strength!
Y'all win. I haven't laughed this hard from the forum since I first joined.
This was my hpal macro:

#showtooltip Avenging Wrath
/run if GetSpellCooldown("Avenging Wrath") == 0 then SendChatMessage("cast " .. GetSpellLink("Avenging Wrath") .. " and just went full jesus.","Emote") end
/use Avenging Wrath

Basically it emotes
(Insert character name here) cast [Avenging Wrath] and just went full jesus.

Fun times.

Now I just yell Hanzo's dragon thinger when i cast revival lol.