DIfficult Healer

General Discussion
Disc for sure.

Edit: What happened to the delete button?
paladin. After playing years of rolling hots on everyone trying to play a holy pally was a completely different mind set.
04/24/2018 03:50 AMPosted by Mellody
To me it's Paladin. I've played all the healing classes but I just can't get used to the Paladin style.

I used to main heals.
Agreed; pally heals are the toughest to learn.
Resto druid easirest btw imo
I primarily play healers and Paladin is my nemesis. I can't quit get the idea of it. The rest are pretty easy.
04/24/2018 02:54 AMPosted by Affinitywell
In your guys opinion what would be the most difficult healer to master?

Disipline priest
I've heard Disc Priests are very difficult to play.

However, I would say Paladins, because I have yet to meet any other kind of healer who can start burning through their own health once they run out of mana. Some say it's bad to play a Paladin like that, but I consider it redistributing damage from a variety of unpredictable targets to someone who can bubble.

Tanks also get surprised when Soulbomb goes off way too early, before they can even get halfway across the room. They stand there for a few seconds until they figure out that you can bubble it, and then everything is normal again.
Probably Disc And/Or Resto Druid

Both are management healers, which means your healing relies on your keeping track of where your healing currently is, while still being ready for high points in the fight.

You need to know when to calm down healing, and when to ramp up, so as not to run oom halfway into the fight.

Powerful buffers, but their big heals either aren't there or require significant setup.

I would argue to play either would require you to know the fights better than other healers do, because of the hefty mana costs that come with spamming your heals for no god damn reason.

Now, given I switched from Disc after the rework, as I hate management (I did purely burst heal as Disc, which just meant being prepared for heavy damage phases), so I may not be entirely accurate, but personally I find management healers to be a colossal headache to play.

Given, I would assume depending on your healer playstyle, all of this may change. Someone who is more adjusted to druid may not find disc priest that difficult.

04/24/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Arkarius
However, I would say Paladins, because I have yet to meet any other kind of healer who can start burning through their own health once they run out of mana. Some say it's bad to play a Paladin like that, but I consider it redistributing damage from a variety of unpredictable targets to someone who can bubble.

The thing about that though is you have the option.

It actually makes you stronger as a healer as long as you use it properly, you can't run oom if you can mix health with mana. Compare this to resto or Disc's hefty mana costs,on top of having no way to replenish it (aside from resto's innervate of course, but this is a temporary 0 cost, rather than replenish)

This is also why shaman is among the easiest healers, having more options means having more ways to pad out your heals and use less heal spam. It's more options to deal with bad scenarios rather than just being expected to be ready for the bad scenarios.
Disc priest, by miles.
I'm decent on druid, monk, and absolute !@#$e when on a priest. I cannot figure out priest healing, neither as disc, not as holy.
I'm decent on druid, monk, and absolute !@#$e when on a priest. I cannot figure out priest healing, neither as disc, not as holy.
Resto Shaman is my first official Healing Alt, Mained Warlock 13-14 years and thought I’d heal and support as they are always asked for and I’ll be honest it’s brutal, I still have a lot to learn and struggling, and it seems whenever a dps dies due to their negligence or get one shotted it always seems to be the Healers fault..

P.s any Resto Shaman pros have tips or tricks, addons or macros please add me I need to learn so much, #Pepino1105
All. I tried healing a dungeon group back in WOTLK with my holy priest and failed miserably. I am just bad at healing. Kudos to all you healers out there. It’s a tough job.
Disc Priest would be the hardest imo. Resto can take some getting use to and Pally is likely the same (dont do either that much) but not nearly as much as a disc priest. Its like you wanted a Resto druid that does the damage of a pally but requires the HoTs of the druids for you to heal with your Pally damage.
I'd say disc priest probably. Holy pally is challenging specifically in raids as well, took me ages to get competitive for raid healing. Easiest two I'd say would be druid and holy priest. Holy priest is a joke. Mistweaver and resto shammy seem somewhere in the middle, not really challenging but not faceroll either.
04/24/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Anamoly
I primarily play healers and Paladin is my nemesis. I can't quit get the idea of it. The rest are pretty easy.
Imo, holy pally benefits significantly more than most other heal specs by knowing when to expect damage in a fight, given that our single target heals are so hefty. If you're good with the spec you can be less reactive and more anticipatory with your heals, it's great to top someone off the moment they take a big hit.
I'm playing every healer atm. My main healers are priest and shaman. For me, Holy Paladin was the hardest to master. It's such a different playstyle than other healers. Disc is probably the second hardest and druids difficulty for me was more related to mana management.

They are all fun in their own ways and I actually enjoy playing all of them because of how different their playstyles are. Although mistweaver and resto druid are very similar.
I love this resto shammy the most, but every time I see a good monk play, I want to try it out. It looks fun.
04/24/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Varulverke
Any of them. Healing in this game is a painful void that consists of babysitting people who argue whether or not DPS should be pulling.

The image in my head of any healer in this game is some dead inside priest with a stone cold expression sitting off to the side witnessing at least 4 other people yelling at each other all the while thinking about what they will be having for dinner.

If anyone in the forum is an artist, I would love to see this as a three pane comic, no words, just continually zooming in on the healer's face.
i loled
04/24/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Rydanis
it's great to top someone off the moment they take a big hit.

Yea it seems to more fun to play as you get more crit. I like being a plate healer aswell.