Will Alliance be more popular next exp?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7
04/03/2018 02:08 AMPosted by Dekala
So what I'm getting is that racials and the "goody-two-shoes" nature of the Alliance are the forces driving people away from it? I must admit that arcane torrent has saved me a lot but with the nerf coming to it, will it still be as useful as the human racial (the 2% increase in all secondary stats)?

not sure. i dunno if arcane torrent has stayed the same since the creation of belves or not. if it's ever been changed before, perhaps might be able to see how it stacked up then. there's a difference between increasing stamina for example, which is passive and an aoe silence, which is not passive.
04/02/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Dekala
They’ve got the moral high ground and the horde seems like it’s being turned into cartoon villains.

FWIW, It's not so much that the Alliance has the moral high ground so much as the Horde (well, Sylvannas mostly) has been written to have no positive morals.
There's plenty of grey Alliance side.
I'm going horde on a different server. From what I hear, recruitment for raids is better and horde definitely has the heft of the PVP community atm.
I wholly embrace being a cartoon villain. However, Sylvanas wouldnt even flee from hell until she felt a kinship with the Valkyr. The lady has standards. They arent most people's standards, but then most people arent magically animated corpses.
I don't see in anything in BfA that will draw top players back to the Alliance.

Non-endgame population will probably remain balanced though.
The reason Horde has so much dominance player wise is solely because of their greatly stronger PvE racials. Such has always been the case. When Blizzard decides to actually attempt to balance out the racials, or actually gives the Alliance the stronger racials, then we will see a shift. Until then, don't expect any.
I will be honest and frank.

Only the newbies, noobcakes, noobzors play the horde.

Players with real skill play The Alliance. You see a lot of newbies playing the Blood Elf race thinking that their racial skill is good for PvP and PvE. Guess what? Those are the players with no skills. They just can't beat their opponent fair and square without cheating.

If you are a WOW veteran, you should know The Alliance has got the better race and racial skills. Take Night Elf for example, Night Elf has got ShadowMeld skill.
It allows the Rogue to have extra Vanish, Tanks to avoid Raid boss killing blow instead of taking the hit and die to wipe the raid, or the Resto Druid using the skill to get out of the combat state and Eat Food to get mana during the Raid...etc. It's so much better.

Human's racial skills are just op, too. When used with PvP Trinket, it's 2 trinkets with 30 sec CD. Need I say more?

So, if you are a veteran player with honor, you will play The Alliance.

FOR THE ALLIANCE!
My main (this Paladin) has been Alliance since mid-Wrath.

A lot of my friends are going Horde in BfA so it looks like I will be joining them unless something exciting happens on the Alliance side.

As someone who enjoys both sides, looking at the allied races and the new zones so far in BfA, I am much more excited for the Horde.

I am very curious how the populations will look at 120. Right now the Horde has more at 110 and rising. Will it continue? I think so. I believe the Horde has dominated the allied race and new customization front so far (golden eye Blood Elves, Mag'har Orcs with all their skin options, straight back Orc option, Zandalari with their cool Druid dino forms and possible Paladins one day are coming, oh and the possibility of getting the ever popular Vulpera).

BfA is still a bit away so things can change, sure. But right now it appears the Horde has got and will get more of their "wish list" stuff. The Alliance? Err... not so much!

All this aside, yeah, racials are a big deal as well. I don't play for racials myself, but obviously those that want to be the most optimal do. So guess where they go? It only makes sense (can't blame anyone for that).
04/03/2018 03:49 AMPosted by Avaelica
They’ve got the moral high ground and the horde seems like it’s being turned into cartoon villains.

FWIW, It's not so much that the Alliance has the moral high ground so much as the Horde (well, Sylvannas mostly) has been written to have no positive morals.
There's plenty of grey Alliance side.

IMO Blizzard can't seem to make up their mind what kind of story they are telling.

Black and White universe? (e.g. Star Wars OT, LotR, ...)

or

Shades of grey all the way?

They seem to love showing shades of grey all over the place but when it comes to the "call to action" it's suddenly black and white.
04/02/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Dekala

Correct me if I’m mistaken but don’t void elves have a passive where dmg doesn’t cancel casting? That’s pretty op. Human racials are also pretty good with +2% stats to everything.

Yeah, I'm sure 2% of stats will save me from double stuns and double silence (depending on class), but yeah sure 2% ...

Never tried ally pvp before tbh.

Don't, it's terrible most of the time.

And i'm sure that will give us advantage in PVE and PVP. Next time i do Mythic I'll say to Garothi: but we have high moral ground!

I don't understand why it is so hard for horde to admit they have higher game mechanics ground. Admitting it won't make Blizzard take it away, it's been like that since vanilla and it won't change now. Every time someone says something about racials, Horde say "but it's just 0.5%" (double stun, double silence and double heroism is not just 0.5%), "but ally has high moral ground" (yes, and I'm sure that will help me during PVE and PVP), and the saddest of the arguments: "you have 10%+ in rep" (not going to comment about that...).