8.0 Pets Going Away

Pet Battles
Any pets going away for 8.0?
There are some pets that might be tougher to get post-Legion, but I don't think there are any that will be "retiring" any time soon.
Hello,

As far as I'm aware, No pets are being retired in Patch 8.0 for Battle for Azeroth. I recommend keeping a close eye on the dedicated pet collectors site http://www.warcraftpets.com.

Once you visit that site you can most certainly read-up on all of the existing pets in-game and any changes that may be upcoming to pet collecting. :-)

Xanlorash [The Insane]
Some off the top of my head that may be harder to get come expansion:

- Young Mutant Warturtle. It takes a considerable number of Sightless Eyes to trigger, and there will likely be less people to farm and farm with.

- Micronax. While Tomb bosses can be done with a small group, there are several achievements that are painful to do without a large force [or at least the correct classes] such as Sky Walker.

- Tylarr Gronnden and Clock'em. Will likely remain in the Brawler's Guild next season, although you won't laughably outgear all the fights to start like you can now.

- Trashy, Sting Ray Pup, and Ghost Shark- Less people tossing coins.
I have shared the list on multiple platforms - thanks Wiff
Thanks, I've become horrible at collecting the harder to get pets. I better suck it up and start working on some of these :)
Add Dream Whelpling to the list. Not impossible to get post-Legion, but will probably be tougher due to lack of interest in Emerald Nightmare run and not completely outgearing the raid yet.
03/30/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Quintessence
Add Dream Whelpling to the list. Not impossible to get post-Legion, but will probably be tougher due to lack of interest in Emerald Nightmare run and not completely outgearing the raid yet.

Eh, you'll be able to queue for Xavius LFR, solo him, and get it that way.

If anything, it'll be easier.

Plus, people will still do Emerald Nightmare runs for Balance of Power.

I think the first one that comes to mind for me is Uuna. Wowhead had a post a while back suggesting Uuna will eventually be removed from being obtainable. Not sure how credible that is, but worth trying to get her just in case.
03/30/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Discodoggy
Thanks, I've become horrible at collecting the harder to get pets. I better suck it up and start working on some of these :)

Same here-even though my motivation to play has migrated to "meh".

If anyone still needs Uuna I can summon the rare that drops the item for her.

Finish the Argus pet thing up, fishing pets. Never did finish the Celestial Tourney.

Level my DK although she needs a race change first. Get those pets.
03/30/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Discodoggy

Same here-even though my motivation to play has migrated to "meh".

If anyone still needs Uuna I can summon the rare that drops the item for her.

Finish the Argus pet thing up, fishing pets. Never did finish the Celestial Tourney.

Level my DK although she needs a race change first. Get those pets.

Get the fishing ones. Guess it's something to do during the drought. :)
The existing companions earned from PVP Prestige will be available in BFA. They will require Honor Rank 5 (Dutiful companions) and Honor Rank 20 (Wyrmtongue companions). Those that have already collected these four pets will get to keep them regardless of Honor Rank in BFA.

I don't know how the new honor system will pace compared to our current, although it goes way higher than our current up to honor level 1000. Even so, now might be the ideal the time to grab your Alliance and Horde Enthusiasts at prestige level 1 while we have a class hall perk that autocompletes 500 honor WQs.
05/25/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Wiff
I don't know how the new honor system will pace compared to our current, although it goes way higher than our current up to honor level 1000. Even so, now might be the ideal the time to grab your Alliance and Horde Enthusiasts at prestige level 1 while we have a class hall perk that autocompletes 500 honor WQs.

Also a plus to doing this now, the Squire/Gruntling and the Enthusiasts are switching places on the reward list so that even getting a minimum amount of honor now should be enough to qualify for the Squire/Gruntling. Especially with honor totals being added account wide not just by individual character.

The new reward list has the Squire at Honor level 5, the first reward and the Enthusiast at Honor level 20, the fourth reward.
05/26/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Grarn
The new reward list has the Squire at Honor level 5, the first reward and the Enthusiast at Honor level 20, the fourth reward.

This is fantastic news if it goes live.
05/26/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Brawler
05/26/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Grarn

This is fantastic news if it goes live.

Not necessarily. They also clarify that most people won't likely be at the same breakpoint in BFA as they were in Legion. So even if you have Prestige 1 on a character for instance, you may not be at Honor level 5.
There is a spreadsheet by Vjaera-Proudmoore that will tell you what your honor level will be when new expac hits:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IGfGDFZ204H5XfSQ2vOt_b2VJrqg8WolQ_4k_Oe5lpA/edit

There is also an addon called ZigiPrestige on WoWInterface that will show you what you are/will be. Very handy.
Thanks for linking that spreadsheet! Very handy and just what I was looking for to help determine some things.

After playing around with some numbers, here's what I've found based on the calculations of the spreadsheet.

For those that only care about the PVP pets, Rank 5 in BFA is the only one you really need to aim for in the expansion (as far as we know for now), since you'll likely have already collected the Wyrmtongue pets from Prestige 1 during Legion.

For roughly Rank 5 in BFA (probably just an estimate, not sure if 100% accurate):
  • 1 toon @ Prestige 5, Honor 1+
  • 2 to 3 toons @ Prestige 2, Honor 2+ (each)
  • 4 toons @ Presige 2 (each)
  • 9 toons @ Prestige 1, Honor 2+ (each)
I definitely recommend farming the fisherfriend pets. All the fisherfriend items and achievement in fact.

Takes a couple hours in a raid group each day. There are multiple ones active every single day.

One week of rotation and you'll get multiple toys, pets, AP for the underlight, a new skin for it and the achievement.

Do it post legion is going to take FOREVER.

Brawlers guild won't just be harder, it'll actually be removed and only re-added later like legion.
Toys, I need to get the fisher toys for the new pet from those...
I take it zazock is the guy that runs . tch, s/s imp, and s/s haunt all named leave plz?

Giggle....

Whose the noob running 3 bone serpents??
05/31/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Vengol
I take it zazock is the guy that runs . tch, s/s imp, and s/s haunt all named leave plz?

Giggle....

Whose the noob running 3 bone serpents??

Where to start...?

1) I think you’re in the wrong thread.
2) I don’t know who zazock is.
3) IF you’re referring to Zazon, no, he runs Kid/Teroclaw/BS.
4) There are undoubtedly several “noobs” running triple Bone Serpents at the moment (while they still can).
5) You’re currently running a tier-1 Haunt & Stall team yourself, bud. Let’s not get carried away with calling people out with their team choices.