Can legendarys cost less WE plz?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
04/02/2018 03:30 AMPosted by Werbatim
having weeks left.

Months, probably 4-5 possibly 6, generally if your doing enough content to get 1000 essences every 8-9 days your probably getting a legendary every 2 weeks anyway.

I don't especially care if its 1000 or 500 or 700. Clearing lfr for essences to get bis legendaries seems like way too much effort to me but then why do you need bis legendaries to do lfr anyway.
idc how many it takes all i know the system is still garbage as is, i have multiple toons with all and ya i do as much as i can for WE but have yet to see identify a legendary for something i want. banks full ya more than one with tons of warlock and priests as a matter of fact my main has got 5 warlock things in a row, how in the hell can that actually happen. all i can say is good riddance to the garbage system that was never fixed and pretty much made legion just a pain in the butt. you know i guess i didn't do enough grinding already for them and still no breaks for an alt i made. ya they made it quicker to get but out of all the work i done on alt still don't have what i want. you know you could of just fixed the problem and actually been able to pick what you wanted on toons who had all but nah they didn't wanna do that. now i have a bank full of legendaries for offspecs i never want and those awesome identify a legendary thing sitting in my banks to, all i can say awesome fix blizz.
This is why i only have 1 toon lol
I actually don't hate it, but frankly, I'd probably be happy if they reduced the cost.
The system would be better if it dropped a token instead of random piece. I don't mind it now though some things aren't meant to be given to you easily. The real crime is 300 for upgrades from 970 pieces on alts. I refuse to upgrade when it costs a third of a new one basically.
They made a system where you get legendaries twice as fast as before, and people still want it to be faster?

What is the point of making a ton of alts if you don't want to play them? The best ways to get legendaries is to play the most meaningful content of the game. Heroics, mythics, raids, emissaries, etc. And now by doing those things you get currency to purchase a legendary.

The way it has worked out so far for me is I get about 1 legendary every 2 weeks, and now I get a second one right around the same time from the WE.

TL/DR Don't make alts if you don't want to play them.
Can we get around to queuing up automated tillers work orders?

And may as well automate the garrison herb/mine as well?

While we are at it, running BWL for 3 dragonscales is a pita, can't I just join a 'Dragonscale of the Week Club' and get a random 5 per week?

I know I am using examples of non-player power building (well its indirect, but not really a build). Timesinks are all throughout the game now - intentional unavoidable.

Sure legos are good to have, I'd like more too... in my void storage.

In the end ahell of alot of people really do not enjoy any system where the rules are chosen by themselves.
Perhaps you can see that?
Or give more for doing each WQ like it use to be then just bunch when all 4 are completed. Yeah I am dreaming again hehe :P
I've been doing dailies for days, heroics, mythic+, and LFR since making this character and I only have less than half of the essences I need for a legendary. :(
04/02/2018 10:58 PMPosted by Myxedema
It's like what about half a year left of the expansion and they're being stingy with legendaries? If I never see an artifact or a legendary again it'll be a great time.

At this point they should be dropping like hot cakes. I think their effects are going to be disabled at 111 but I'm not sure
04/01/2018 09:18 PMPosted by Gohome
Having to get 1000 Wakening Essence every week is such a pain on several alts, Having to get your 3 dailys done weekly M+ and Raid clear on multiple alts is near impossible. Its been out long enough now for a Cut, most specs require multiple leggo's depending on what they're running, (M+'s, raiding, Aoe fights). I finally got all the leggo's for my ele spec but I have yet to get a single BiS for my boomy.

I've amassed 1,000 precisely once so far, on my main. The highest alt is ~700.

I think you need a break.
Having to get 1000 Wakening Essence every week is such a pain on several alts, Having to get your 3 dailys done weekly M+ and Raid clear on multiple alts is near impossible. Its been out long enough now for a Cut, most specs require multiple leggo's depending on what they're running, (M+'s, raiding, Aoe fights). I finally got all the leggo's for my ele spec but I have yet to get a single BiS for my boomy.

How about they just let you buy them all for 1 copper. How about they give you mythic titanforged gear too for 1 gold? Good lord. I am glad Blizzard is starting to put their foot down on these people who are lazy and want everything handed to them for doing little to no work to get things. IT IS A FRIGGIN LEGENDARY. It shouldn't even be this easy to get as it is.

I am glad they made Allied Races unlock with rep. I am glad they have pathfinder. Glad they haven't caved yet to the lazy people and hope they start putting more things in-game that require work and effort to get instead of the free hand outs.
04/03/2018 05:34 AMPosted by Bojanglz

How about they just let you buy them all for 1 copper. How about they give you mythic titanforged gear too for 1 gold

Sounds good Bo.

You gnomes are actually the smarter race after all...huh
Wait, they give you a way to buy legendaries and you're complaining about how much it costs? This toon has been 110 for less than two weeks and has had her first one drop, got enough to buy one and got a third from the Antorus questline. Yes, the ring is better than the legendary I bought. I'm also about halfway to buying a second. It took my first 110 months to get her first legendary.
Please, this. I have 13 characters and it's literally painful to try and get wakening essences... haven't gotten a single token so far.
04/01/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Zero
at this point in the expac cutting it in half really wouldnt hurt anybody

Pretty much what I was thinking. At this point it should be raining legendaries just so we can enjoy our alts at their full potential.
04/02/2018 02:30 AMPosted by Haushenka
04/02/2018 02:17 AMPosted by Rahan
Alts take work.

/shockfaced.

Do your daily heroic. Do your daily emissary. Do a single LFR clear.

That isn't much. 30 mins a day + whatever time it takes you for a LFR clear.

You are forgetting things, your list should be:

Do your daily heroic 15m
Do your weekly LFR clear 45m (Well say 45m because LFR is a horror show)
Do at least 12 WQ's for caches 1h (Average 5 min per quest)

So, more accurately, we are at roughly 2 hours for a single character. Now say you have two alts youd like to get one or two on. That 2 hrs just became 6. You can see where this is going.

Yeah quit expecting all alts to have everything. Having a lot of alts isn't healthy for the game.
Or just make it not be RNG.

I wouldn't mind farming 2k for my 2 BiS (or whatever I consider it to be) on my toons.

But farming 1k for a roll.....then getting the "expletive" one ... is incredibly demoralizing. Especially when you experience it several times per toon.

Blizzard has already acknowledged legendaries were a problem this xpac, so their decision to go with 1k for RNG just boggles the mind.

Then again - we also got Paragon reps - so I guess.... rentention/MAUs over game play is their new slogan.
04/02/2018 02:30 AMPosted by Haushenka
04/02/2018 02:17 AMPosted by Rahan
Alts take work.

/shockfaced.

Do your daily heroic. Do your daily emissary. Do a single LFR clear.

That isn't much. 30 mins a day + whatever time it takes you for a LFR clear.

You are forgetting things, your list should be:

Do your daily heroic 15m
Do your weekly LFR clear 45m (Well say 45m because LFR is a horror show)
Do at least 12 WQ's for caches 1h (Average 5 min per quest)

So, more accurately, we are at roughly 2 hours for a single character. Now say you have two alts youd like to get one or two on. That 2 hrs just became 6. You can see where this is going.

Except it’s 4 wq a day or 12 every three days. 1:20 is a lot less than 2:00 when you’re multiplying it for alts.
I remember, back when we had to walk to school uphill both ways in the snow with no shoes, that legendaries required MONTHS of farming and then had to hope the rng gods smiled upon your wretched soul and let it drop.

Now we can have two.

I am a very casual player and I have managed to get 4.