Technical Raid Test – April 13th

Battle for Azeroth Alpha General Discussion
On Friday, April 13th, we will be conducting our first raid test of Battle for Azeroth! The primary purpose of this raid test is to identify any stability issues that would impact normal raid testing. For the duration of the test we will focus on one boss and monitor the server’s performance. This will also be an opportunity to preview the Uldir raid and provide feedback on both the boss and the zone itself. This test is important to ensure build stability when we start full raid testing once more raiders have been invited to test.

Friday, April 13th

Zek’voz, Herald of N’zoth - Heroic Uldir
13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)

Q: How do I get into the raid zone?

A: In Boralus, Zuldazar, or Dalaran, you may speak to Nexus-Lord Donjon Rade III. in order to teleport into the raid zone while it is open for testing. (The option to teleport into a zone will not be available when the zone is not open for testing.)

Q: What character should I use to test the raid?

A: Whichever you prefer. We will be scaling players' effective level to 120 for raid testing, and their item level to an appropriate threshold for the encounter(s) being tested.

Q: How long does testing last?

A: The primary purpose of testing is to give us the information we need to balance the encounters, evaluate how mechanics are playing out in practice, and identify bugs. Once we're satisfied that we've received that information for a given boss, we'll be shutting down testing. Usually this takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours, but there are no guarantees.
I need a group to run with. Leveling a mistweaver monk on ally side.

Splooch#11763

I'm having a hell of a time finding people to do stuff with. Nobody I know was invited yet.
LOL anyone see the date... Friday the 13th ... GL Freddie will come and get you.

That would be funny, change all raid bosses on Friday the 13th to Freddie look.
04/09/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Yudayajin
I need a group to run with. Leveling a mistweaver monk on ally side.

Splooch#11763

I'm having a hell of a time finding people to do stuff with. Nobody I know was invited yet.

Just join a guild. There's bunch of them. Looking forward to testing :)
04/09/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Dirtysocks
LOL anyone see the date... Friday the 13th ... GL Freddie will come and get you.

What???? Bro first of all you're thinking of Jason Voorhees, second of all what????
04/09/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Jetjaguarex
04/09/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Dirtysocks

What???? Bro first of all you're thinking of Jason Voorhees, second of all what????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th_%28franchise%29
Looks like I’ll be at work when this happens. Happy testing guys!
This is 6am Saturday morning (14th) for Oceanic +10GMT for those that don't want to do that math.
I wont be able to make this time :( good luck to all testers and devs on this.
04/09/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Xoja
Looks like I’ll be at work when this happens.
The timing is for sure unfortunate for most of working Murca. At least I may be able to shuffle my lunch break for half an hour of waiting for servers to come back up or something ;)
Testing a new raid on Friday 13 sounds like gnome set this up :)
Hope there's a patch before then, or it's gonna be awful hard for prot warriors to try and tank a raid boss with half a kit.
Skordyn
Game Designer

108 posts

1 day ago

On Friday, April 13th, we will be conducting our first raid test of Battle for Azeroth! The primary purpose of this raid test is to identify any stability issues that would impact normal raid testing. For the duration of the test we will focus on one boss and monitor the server’s performance. This will also be an opportunity to preview the Uldir raid and provide feedback on both the boss and the zone itself. This test is important to ensure build stability when we start full raid testing once more raiders have been invited to test.Friday, April 13thZek’voz, Herald of N’zoth - Heroic Uldir13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CES
Yea, unfortunately I'll still be at work. Would have liked to have done this.

Good luck testers.
04/11/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Wirhl
Yea, unfortunately I'll still be at work. Would have liked to have done this.

Good luck testers.

Thanks. lets do this! time to save Azeroth... again
04/09/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Quercus
04/09/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Xoja
Looks like I’ll be at work when this happens.
The timing is for sure unfortunate for most of working Murca. At least I may be able to shuffle my lunch break for half an hour of waiting for servers to come back up or something ;)

It's not meant to be convenient for you, it's meant to be convenient for the devs.

There are enough players across the game that they'll get people regardless of the time, but it makes a whole lot more sense to do it during their normal working hours, than to pay people overtime to conduct the test in the evening or middle of the night.
I'm super keen to take part in this, Holy Pally main. I'll be looking ingame for groups/guilds, but hit me up if you might need me - Metaphase#1234
I am eager to take part as well. I will be on a ele/resto shammy for any groups that are forming - pixely#1648