Jaina will be the end-boss, not Slyvanas

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
04/21/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Lorina
Is this sarcasm? It is sarcasm, right?

Barring Varian, they lost...? Taylor? Staghelm?

Aaaaaand...?
04/21/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Lorina
04/21/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Feelsgood
Alliance losing an important lore figure?

Not on Blizzard's watch.
Is this sarcasm? It is sarcasm, right?

No! From the perspective of the Horde and others, Varian was not important for the Alliance!
04/21/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Kratheros
Aaaaaand...?

Do neutrals count? Horde's heroes die. Ally's heroes mostly just go neutral then irrelevant.
Only if we get Jaina's angels as a council boss.

Aaaaaand...?

Bolvar.

Horde hasn't exactly lost a ton either. It's just that two of them were warchiefs. Garrosh, Vol'jin, Nazgrim, and Saurfang the Younger are about it.
04/21/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Nixxea
Bolvar.

Horde hasn't exactly lost a ton either. It's just that two of them were warchiefs. Garrosh, Vol'jin, Nazgrim, and Saurfang the Younger are about it.

Bolvar?

Bolvar went from being a boss-level faction leader, with little to no personality, before he got fleshed out a bit more in WotLK. Then? He became the Lich King. Now he's extremely important. Just compare his treatment compared with Saurfang the Younger.

Saurfang was offed immediately in a cinematic and then was a raid boss. Bolvar? Died. But didn't. But is now the Lich King.
Void mage confirmed.

Part of me kinda doesn't, but it makes her character interesting in a way same as the horde has their stuff going on. They want there to be conflict within the faction to make it feel more involving. I don't think she would die this xpac. However, I guess she could. Main reason I don't is because she's one of the only mages I actually like to see get a part. darn Khadgar..

I was thinking, if she did die, it would be in some attempt to purge all the horde from Dalaran, she takes over dalaran, and we do a seige of dalaran. That's totally unique and not cliche, right?

I think killing jaina off BfA would be sorta boring imo. Maybe her being controlled but even then, it would be too Garrosh style. What will they do? "WELL WE LET GARROSH FREE, YOU SEE HOW THAT TURNED OUT. GOTTA KILL THIS ONE!"

What would be an interesting twist is if Jaina realizes she needs slyvanas and slyvanas needs her, in some way that they pull out of their A$$ like they usually do. a Twist we don't see coming because they made it up on the fly and a completely new aspect. I don't really care for either Slyvanas nor Jaina to die tho.

Need my Faction Waifus.
04/21/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Kratheros
Bolvar?

Bolvar went from being a boss-level faction leader, with little to no personality, before he got fleshed out a bit more in WotLK. Then? He became the Lich King. Now he's extremely important. Just compare his treatment compared with Saurfang the Younger.

Saurfang was offed immediately in a cinematic and then was a raid boss. Bolvar? Died. But didn't. But is now the Lich King.

Saurfang the Younger was a throwaway NPC whose entire existence was merely a way of giving Saurfang a moment. You asked who the Alliance had lost and I told you. Bolvar is no longer a member of the Alliance, and he's almost certainly a future raid boss. If that doesn't count, then none of the Horde's losses count either, aside from Vol'jin.
04/21/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Dralonis

I think killing jaina off BfA would be sorta boring imo. Maybe her being controlled but even then, it would be too Garrosh style.

Maybe she'll live and escape and we'll kill her in the final Void Lord expansion and she'll say at the start of the encounter:

"N'yalotha was merely a setback!"
04/21/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Nixxea

Aaaaaand...?

Bolvar.

Cairne?

They kind of screwed over Kael'thas also.
04/21/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Shalaator
04/21/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Sharacia
nice, a other WOD ending, with Sylvanas cheering at both alliance and horde, Screaming "AZEROTH IS FREE" over Jaina corpse

With Anduin next to her "missing a arm and eye" standing in silence and disbelief

For once it would be an alliance aligned character doing something truly evil and misleading the Alliance...this is something that hasn't been seen in any expansion. The closest thing we have to it is the Scarlet Crusade (Vanilla)...lol

And honestly, Jaina going rambo shortly before her death and maiming Anduin would be a good thing.

I'd like to see something like that. Anduin get very badly burnt and has one side of his face and arm disfigured.
This should make the alliance very happy...you know, cause they said that there was horde bias because Pandaria was mostly about horde w/ garrosh turning evil and alliance didn't get a story supposedly.

so if they get a garrosh story, this should satisfy them, right? especially if it ends with horde being allowed to invade their city to take down one of their leaders?
sooooo not going to happen.
So, we know that Sylvanas herself, along with the Horde army, march on Teldrassil and burn it. If Jaina is supposedly the one that burns Teldrassil, how did she manage to trick Sylvanas into doing all the stuff herself?

I mean, seriously, your tin foil hat theories are so out there that standard conspiracy theory nuts are looking at you like you're crazy.
Jaina did nothing wrong so why would she be a raid boss?
04/21/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Airc
So, we know that Sylvanas herself, along with the Horde army, march on Teldrassil and burn it. If Jaina is supposedly the one that burns Teldrassil, how did she manage to trick Sylvanas into doing all the stuff herself?

I mean, seriously, your tin foil hat theories are so out there that standard conspiracy theory nuts are looking at you like you're crazy.

We still don't know if Sylvanas actually burned Teldrassil or merely meant to capture it and a saboteur framed her.

And the reason these "tin foil hat" theories about the subject are rampant right now is because both serious Horde and Alliance RP'ers and Lore-buffs do NOT want the apparent and obvious culprit (Sylvanas) to be the actual culprit, because then it's simply an Alliance-Good vs Horde-Evil story, totally black and white and seriously F**** Horde RP'ers in ways you can't imagine. The story would be too boring and cliche and no one would give a **** anymore.

You better HOPE that Sylvanas is not the true culprit for the very survival of this game.

And if you don't think the Lore/story influences non-NP/non-Lore players, think again and look to the correlation between Warcraft III RoC/TFT and World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King and the subscription numbers.

Everyone wanted to see the end of Arthas's story...even people who didn't play WoW Vanilla and BC. All the finger pointing and blaming towards Blizzard in Cataclysm for sub losses was futile and unfounded. The true fact was that a bunch of one-timers joined WoW to see Arthas and left after Arthas died, happy with what they saw.
04/21/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Nixxea
Saurfang the Younger was a throwaway NPC whose entire existence was merely a way of giving Saurfang a moment. You asked who the Alliance had lost and I told you. Bolvar is no longer a member of the Alliance, and he's almost certainly a future raid boss. If that doesn't count, then none of the Horde's losses count either, aside from Vol'jin.

What was Bolvar's history when WoW was released? He was essentially a throwaway NPC with a boss tag.
04/21/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Osoroshii
Still hoping Jaina turns out to be a Dreadlord instead of simply driven mad by an Old God, because Dreadlord Jaina is the best Jaina. 10/10, would do evil things for.

She needs to be a dreadlord driven mad by Nzoth.

Then we find out that the real Jania died 10 years ago of dysentery on the Oregon Trail...

I mean since Voljin died to trash, we should just start offing other major faction leaders in trivial ways too...
04/21/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Pallymcbeal
I mean since Voljin died to trash, we should just start offing other major faction leaders in trivial ways too...

Fair.

I think Anduin should be ganked by twilight cultists. It almost happened once before, it could happen again.
04/21/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Kratheros
04/21/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Pallymcbeal

Fair.

I think Anduin should be ganked by twilight cultists. It almost happened once before, it could happen again.

Naw, He should die when the pilot of the Vindebaeego crashes their new spaceship into him after returning from Argus.

Everyone knows, spacegoats cant fly...

And I mean if this is a faction war, how do you otherwise explain that this is a war when one faction has intergalactic space ships and the other has swords, bows, and spears?