NO to Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 25 Next
04/26/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Tewdee
YES.

ION BEST GAME DIRECTOR.
04/26/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Tewdee
04/26/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Xathra

When I get home I will make a thread about that I assume everyone here will support either removing night born or forcibly changing their skin color in the name of faction identity yes?

Except Nightborne aren't literally a 1:1 model of Night Elves. This correlation you're trying to draw is nonsensical and only shows you're blinded by grief at being told by a parent.

https://i.imgur.com/d9gKSni.jpg yeah they pretty much are, the small changes made to them could easily be made to high elves.
04/26/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Xathra
04/26/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Tewdee

Except Nightborne aren't literally a 1:1 model of Night Elves. This correlation you're trying to draw is nonsensical and only shows you're blinded by grief at being told by a parent.

https://i.imgur.com/d9gKSni.jpg yeah they pretty much are, the small changes made to them could easily be made to high elves.

You’re really grasping at this point it would be best to just accept what happened.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Then they wouldn't be High Elves. You're missing Ion's and our whole point. High Elves are Blood Elves. Asking for Blue eyed Blood elves won't happen. It would be an exact copy of the Hordes race.

Those aren't small changes to the Nightborne either. Nightborne is thinner in the face and overall body, smaller boobs, smaller eyes, ears point different, skin is way darker, etc.

I wish to play KT Humans, dark Iron dwarfs and I like space goats. They are Alliance, and if I want to play them I'm told to play Alliance. Just as if you want to play High Elves, you were told to play Horde. Grow up and accept the answer.
We won friends, In happy that blizzard listened to the more rational side.
Well, I'm thankful that he didn't equivocate on the issue.
04/26/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Cyprinne

Rather unfortunate that we had to deal with it at all after the Burning Crusade then having void elves added.

Guess people can't see the forest for the trees, or can't read into intent/etc.
Let's celebrate! Party in the High Elf city of Silvermoon! Lor'themar's splurged on enough beer to make Brewfest look like a wine tasting.
04/26/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Dotbringer
Blood Elves are basically High Elves. Slightly different eye color and backstory, but if you want to be a light skinned elf, that is basically a Blood Elf. Giving that to the Alliance would blur the line between factions.
There aren't a ton of High Elves out there in WoW.
If you are Alliance any want to be an elf, the Horde is there for you.

This literally makes no sense. If Alliance gets void elves, which are EVEN LESS in number than actual high elves. Plus there are already so many line blurring between all the elven tribes out there. And this line has been blurred since the 3rd war.

Ion can be wrong. Woefully wrong, a lot of the time. And it's a thing that both he, and some people just have to deal with and adjust their thinking & philosophy when people bring up opposing arguments with very tangible facts.
04/26/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Cyprinne

Have fun with faction balance tipping even further as more people quit because they are sick of the alliance being dumped on over and over also nice night elf. Glad you play what you wish to deny from others perfect example of the hypocrisy of your side.
The fact this was ever seen as a competition is depressing.

Nobody won here.
We might have won but remember, We will never see the end of High Elf support threads.... never
I just canceled my subscription. I've been playing since vanilla, and this is it for me. I'll come back when High Elves are playable.
04/26/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Xathra
04/26/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Nexsa
#Support. No to them. Blood Elves are the High Elves!

Nope they aren't

But they are. The only difference is worldview.
A lot of your points are flawed.

Horde players wont faction change just for Highelves. That would involve losing all their friends or convincing all of them to change faction. This is unlikely.

High Elves dont have to use the blood elf model. There have been fan model edits of the nightelf model to create high elves that look very good. They also differ with tattoos, scars, and in general looking more rugged. High elves are primarily rangers, they thrive in the wilderness.

The only valid point is we have too many elves in general, which I can agree with. But then that point only holds water for so long. Eventually there will be more and more non elf races and adding 1 more wont feel so bad.
04/26/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Goldwing
The fact this was ever seen as a competition is depressing.

Nobody won here.
Funny... it definitely feels like a win.
Blizz is so Horde biased.

This troll thread gets to exist but the original one doesn't?

Why did this thread not get closed in the first place, when there was already an open discussion about it? Bias much?
We have won! Woooo!
LOL at all the people thinking Blizz makes final decisions. See; Classic servers and flying.