Horde bias is obvious now

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 14 Next
04/26/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Onoswun
Uhm you guys asked for fat humans, and you're getting fat humans. What more do you want?

when the !@#$ did people ask for fat humans as a race?
only thing i ever saw was people asking for body sliders for the base human race
As for WoD, yes, there were a lot of Orcs........that were the enemy. that isn't a Horde storyline. That's a "you get to kill Orcs" storyline. As in the original Orcs that were actually evil from the original Horde.
04/26/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Vaniryn
04/26/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Aellom
Alliance expansion? You mean the one where we bonded with two groups for the largest part of the expansion, only two have them both go to the Horde?

Alliance expansion my !@#. The Nightborne were the expansion. And we couldn't even have our own version of High Elves, the Nightborne. Nah, they were too cool for us. They must go to Horde.

sorry my guy, but nightborne magically going horde in the end doesn't change the fact that this was an alliance expansion/experience

initially it was just "hey we're helping out this ancient, but different night elves in their ancient night elven city".

"horde"

lmao

It did indeed change that. It changed it the second the decision was made.
How is turning the Horde into blatantly evil monsters that you're going to steamroll your way through Orgrimmar again to kill Horde bias? Is it Alliance bias if they made Genn into an insane Old God worshiper and released Siege of Stormwind?

Because that's fine by me, let's have some Alliance bias.
04/26/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Vaniryn
says the alliance while playing the alliance expansion

Yes an "alliance" expansion where the first half is devoted to helping a now horde race and getting high elves waved in our face again.
I disagree with their take on the matter.

That said, it's time to move on. We made our voices loudly and clearly heard, reasoned our case, and they've noted our desires and responded. Whining or hurling accusations is not going to help move the ball further down the field.

I don't think this means there is Horde favoritism. It means that 12 or so years ago the people managing the game made a decision that still has ramifications to this day - the Horde were given blood elves, and that faction now has a fierce ownership and identity tied to that race, for whatever reason. I personally didn't see the connection back then, and thought the lore required an incredible amount of hand waving, but the decision was made. The developers have made it clear that the iconic identity of that race is now tied to the Horde... and that the High Elf identity is not, and cannot be made unique enough by granting it to another faction. They've said that Pandaren's neutral design was a poor decision and not likely to happen again.

I disagree with Blizzard's take, but the idea that there hasn't been enough discussion or feedback on the topic is wrong. The idea that one faction is treated worse than the other is wrong.
04/26/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Healseeker
04/26/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Aellom

Yet your argument isn't pointless? So you mean I can enjoy the Suramar storyline again, the one that I used to love? Oh wait, no, because I feel like I am helping a betrayer. All of the life of Legion was sucked out in that one stupid decision. At the very least, they should have not joined anyone or went neutral. None of it makes any sense at all.

Agreed. I refuse to do Suramar on my alts for that Horde loving b....

Again, blame Tyrande, her fault.

Btw I'm no longer doing Val'Sharah I mean how can I help out Tyrande and Malfurion knowing they're part of the Alliance?

Oh wait because it turns out we're helping them against the Emerald Nightmare.

Just like you're helping the Nightborne out against demons who are literally trying to make Illidan (initially a member of the Alliance btw) into Sargeras's vessel (basically Satan) to ruin our world.

Nah I agree fam can't help out future Horde members tho so just let Gul'Dan do whatever it's fiiiiinnee.
04/26/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Aellom

Being triggered by the caution of someone they betrayed in ages past is just bad writing to shoehorn them into the faction Ion wanted them on.

Tyrande told them off rofl
04/26/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Fluffyneko
04/26/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Aellom

Yep, getting all the screen time is indeed bias.

Alright fine I agree let's make an expansion where we raid Stormwind and kill Anduin or assassinate Greymane I'm fine with this.

Let's also include many many cutscenes where Blizz shows them becoming as evil as possible.

Garrosh was with Y'Shaarj, let's make Anduin or Greymane willingly work with N'Zoth and then we'll kill them.

Give the Alliance players what they want Blizz!

I know you are being sarcastic, but doing this would actually be a good thing. At least it wouldn't revolve around the "Warchief-of-the-Week" for once.
04/26/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Xathra

Yes an "alliance" expansion where the first half is devoted to helping a now horde race and getting high elves waved in our face again.

Only screen time given to Horde was regarding Sylvanas vs. Genn.

And that was at the very beginning. Nothing since then.
04/26/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Hellmaw
How is turning the Horde into blatantly evil monsters that you're going to steamroll your way through Orgrimmar again to kill Horde bias?

Because its always allllll about them and the alliance is just reacting or tagging along for the story/helping out.
04/26/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Virus
04/26/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Tiridan
You did play WoD right? Did you miss the Draenei? Let me introduce you to Yrel, she's the main character of the expansion.

Yrel, Virus.
Virus, Yrel.

You honestly think that Yrel was the main character of WoD, is this a comedy skit or something?
Yes! You're live right now! Go! The audience is waiting!
04/26/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Aellom

Alliance expansion? You mean the one where we bonded with two groups for the largest part of the expansion, only two have them both go to the Horde?

Alliance expansion my !@#. The Nightborne were the expansion. And we couldn't even have our own version of High Elves, the Nightborne. Nah, they were too cool for us. They must go to Horde.

This is bringing out the worst in the Alliance sense of entitlement.

I think he means the one were you complain about a Horde race going Horde when we had to actually play in an Alliance zone for an Alliance faction leader.

The one were the final patch did have us bond with two groups, while the leader of one make anti-Horde remarks as if the Horde player didn't exist, and both them go Alliance. The one that, given it is that patch that will lead us to the next expansion, we will spend the most time in.
Oh, yes, Blizzard so loves the Horde! Like when they trashed Thrall, replaced him Garrosh, replaced him with Vol'jin, and replaced him with Sylvanas! Blizzard loves the Horde so much, that in the "faction pride" expansion, they completely trashed the Horde and gave us an evil and genocidal leader compared to the Alliance's moral and righteous one, and had the "conscience" of the Horde basically say "!@#$ it, I'm defecting" because the Alliance is more honorable than the "honorable" Horde. But at least we got NIghtborne as a sorta-compromise, after doing literally nothing the entirety of Legion outside of Sylvanas' evil shenanigans in Stormheim, and some Blood Elves in Suramar only there to parallel the Night Elves.

SO MUCH PRIDE!
04/26/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Virus
How is turning the Horde into blatantly evil monsters that you're going to steamroll your way through Orgrimmar again to kill Horde bias?

Because its always allllll about them and the alliance is just reacting or tagging along for the story/helping out.

YOU MEAN LIKE THE HORDE THIS EXPANSION?
o_o
How is turning the Horde into blatantly evil monsters that you're going to steamroll your way through Orgrimmar again to kill Horde bias? Is it Alliance bias if they made Genn into an insane Old God worshiper and released Siege of Stormwind?

Because that's fine by me, let's have some Alliance bias.

I agree hell yeah let's have this!

Come on guys we're all in agreement here, we need an Alliance-biased Blizzard game where we get to fight Stormwind and kill a very very evil Greymane who's working with N'Zoth.
Here we go again.
Ok forgive my noobness, what happened here that made blizzard bias?
04/26/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Aellom

I know you are being sarcastic, but doing this would actually be a good thing. At least it wouldn't revolve around the "Warchief-of-the-Week" for once.

Only slightly.

I want Greymane to die, and I am way more than fine with the Alliance being written into an insanely evil faction for an expansion.
04/26/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Thunderçatz
Here we go again.
Going down the only road I've ever known!

And that's Hellscream Highway over there. It will take you around or close to the docks where our boat is docked. We're launching an assault on the Silver Covenant.