Horde bias is obvious now

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 14 Next
04/26/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Praying
04/26/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Dralonis
Having a crazy war chief like that makes it more inspiring to get behind the horde

Nope.

It gives more faction pride, imo, for the horde to show "no, this is not what we are about"

Nope.

We have Manduin as our "leader". Would you rather be going between leaders to fight for what you want your horde to believe in or be stuck behind a guy who has no depth, never really fought, and is a sheltered "millenial" like kid?

I'd like to have a warchief that lives for more than one expansion.

Oh, thanks for that great feedback. Sure gave me insight on the subject.

However, I think it really does help because it feels more like an "underdog" story. There's a reason why there's a lot of faction pride amongst the horde. The feel they get to grow with it not just "but mah horde leaders keep dying"

We lost Varian too, best leader we had. Now we have lame Anduin. Oh well that you have leaders die. some people would like anduin to die. Vol'jin did next to nothing with nearly 0 presense. Garrosh was corrupt and slyvanas never asked for it, but she's going to do it for now. you gotta cycle through the bad leaders to get to the good ones. Saurfang would be a good one and be a respectable one. He has Thralls honor mindset.

I think he could be a leader that lives for quite awhile.
04/26/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Fluffyneko
04/26/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Healseeker

Agreed. I refuse to do Suramar on my alts for that Horde loving b....

Again, blame Tyrande, her fault.

Btw I'm no longer doing Val'Sharah I mean how can I help out Tyrande and Malfurion knowing they're part of the Alliance?

Oh wait because it turns out we're helping them against the Emerald Nightmare.

Just like you're helping the Nightborne out against demons who are literally trying to make Illidan (initially a member of the Alliance btw) into Sargeras's vessel (basically Satan) to ruin our world.

Nah I agree fam can't help out future Horde members tho so just let Gul'Dan do whatever it's fiiiiinnee.

If you want to complete your class hall questline, you HAVE to help Tyrande and Malfurion.

None of the other areas have that kind of requirement.

On top of that, if Horde wants to unlock 950 equipment, we HAVE to help alliance. Meanwhile, alliance GETS to help alliance.
04/26/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Fluffyneko
Well there's always ToS where we're running around with Illidan who was... Originally Alliance
should i be surprised that you suck at lore?
04/26/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Virus
Oh, yes, Blizzard so loves the Horde! Like when they trashed Thrall, replaced him Garrosh, replaced him with Vol'jin, and replaced him with Sylvanas! Blizzard loves the Horde so much, that in the "faction pride" expansion, they completely trashed the Horde and gave us an evil an genocidal leader compared to the Alliance's moral and righteous one, and had the "conscience" of the Horde basically say "!@#$ it, I'm defecting" because the Alliance is more honorable than the "honorable" Horde. But at least we got NIghtborne as a sorta-compromise, after doing literally nothing the entirety of Legion outside of Sylvanas' evil shenanigans in Stormheim.

SO MUCH PRIDE!

You seem to be ignoring the point that the story was always all about them the entire time through these events, its not about how nice you come off looking at the end of the story, its about the fact that the story was for better or worse all about horde the entire time.

Exactly! Screentime=bias.
"we don't get high elves horde bias"

"sylvannas looks evil in alpha alliance bias"

bias bias bias that's all everyone sees any time something happens that they don't like.
04/26/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Aellom
04/26/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Fluffyneko

Tyrande told them off rofl

How did she tell them off? By politely asking if they are going to betray them a second time? Or by saying she will pray to Elune for answers?

Tyrande Whisperwind says: Arcanist Thalyssra. I remember where your order stood in the War of the Ancients. How do we know you won't betray us and become the next Elisande... the next Azshara?
First Arcanist Thalyssra says: We do not intend to be slaves to the Nightwell. We seek to drive the Legion from Suramar and put an end to Elisande's oppression.
Tyrande Whisperwind says: The kaldorei will fight to see the Legion defeated and the Nightwell destroyed. Beyond that... we shall see where Elune's wisdom guides us.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Take_Me_To_Your_Leader_(Alliance)#Notes

"Hi I know we literally just worked with you to help kill your own people who were under demonic influence to overthrow any and all fel taint, but can we reaaaaallllyyyy trust you?"

Thalyssra: "Are you okay??? Frick it I'm off to the Horde"
04/26/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Virus
Oh, yes, Blizzard so loves the Horde! Like when they trashed Thrall, replaced him Garrosh, replaced him with Vol'jin, and replaced him with Sylvanas! Blizzard loves the Horde so much, that in the "faction pride" expansion, they completely trashed the Horde and gave us an evil an genocidal leader compared to the Alliance's moral and righteous one, and had the "conscience" of the Horde basically say "!@#$ it, I'm defecting" because the Alliance is more honorable than the "honorable" Horde. But at least we got NIghtborne as a sorta-compromise, after doing literally nothing the entirety of Legion outside of Sylvanas' evil shenanigans in Stormheim.

SO MUCH PRIDE!

You seem to be ignoring the point that the story was always all about them the entire time through these events, its not about how nice you come off looking at the end of the story, its about the fact that the story was for better or worse all about horde the entire time.

I'm sorry, what? The Horde has existed entirely to be little more than the "foil" for the Alliance for the past 5 expansions. The story more or less has been "the Wrynns are the perfect and moral leaders of the world, and the Horde are stupid mongrels that exist to be killed for great justice".

The only time the Horde ever even has a story anymore, it is to attack the Alliance. Meanwhile, Velen, Anduin, Alleria and Turalyon, Genn, Jaina, and so on all have independant stories or ones where the Horde only exists to be the bad guys. Where is the Tauren story, or deeper characterization for Baine? Why didn't Vol'jin get to do literally anything before becoming "Warchief Red Shirt"? Why did Thrall lose all story potential the moment he was forced into marrying his nag of a wife and don a dress? Why did the Orc racial leader abandon his own people and not kill Sylvanas instead?
04/26/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Dralonis
Oh well that you have leaders die.

You're right.

Oh well.

It's just a running joke now.
04/26/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Nushash
04/26/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Fluffyneko

Again, blame Tyrande, her fault.

Btw I'm no longer doing Val'Sharah I mean how can I help out Tyrande and Malfurion knowing they're part of the Alliance?

Oh wait because it turns out we're helping them against the Emerald Nightmare.

Just like you're helping the Nightborne out against demons who are literally trying to make Illidan (initially a member of the Alliance btw) into Sargeras's vessel (basically Satan) to ruin our world.

Nah I agree fam can't help out future Horde members tho so just let Gul'Dan do whatever it's fiiiiinnee.

If you want to complete your class hall questline, you HAVE to help Tyrande and Malfurion.

None of the other areas have that kind of requirement.

On top of that, if Horde wants to unlock 950 equipment, we HAVE to help alliance. Meanwhile, alliance GETS to help alliance.

Horde Expansion tho
04/26/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Triskeriaki
04/26/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Fluffyneko
Well there's always ToS where we're running around with Illidan who was... Originally Alliance
should i be surprised that you suck at lore?

Alliance race, w.e. Yeah yeah thousands of years ago war of the ancients blah blah blah I oversimplified it a hundred times over but point is he's a Night Elf.

I'll be honest I was reaching kinda far with that one.
04/26/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Fluffyneko
<span class="truncated">...</span>

How did she tell them off? By politely asking if they are going to betray them a second time? Or by saying she will pray to Elune for answers?

Tyrande Whisperwind says: Arcanist Thalyssra. I remember where your order stood in the War of the Ancients. How do we know you won't betray us and become the next Elisande... the next Azshara?
First Arcanist Thalyssra says: We do not intend to be slaves to the Nightwell. We seek to drive the Legion from Suramar and put an end to Elisande's oppression.
Tyrande Whisperwind says: The kaldorei will fight to see the Legion defeated and the Nightwell destroyed. Beyond that... we shall see where Elune's wisdom guides us.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Take_Me_To_Your_Leader_(Alliance)#Notes

"Hi I know we literally just worked with you to help kill your own people who were under demonic influence to overthrow any and all fel taint, but can we reaaaaallllyyyy trust you?"

Thalyssra: "Are you okay??? Frick it I'm off to the Horde"

Talk about thin skin. Tyrande is justifiably cautious and because she didn't immediately trust a relatively unknown member of the same order as Elisande, Thalyssra throws a hissy fit and runs off to burn down the entire Night Elf capital?

That sounds like something a crazy person would do. And it also proved Tyrande's point.
04/26/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Aellom

Talk about thin skin. Tyrande is justifiably cautious and because she didn't immediately trust a relatively unknown member of the same order as Elisande, Thalyssra throws a hissy fit and runs off to burn down the entire Night Elf capital?

That sounds like something a crazy person would do. And it also proved Tyrande's point.

No it shows insanely poor diplomacy.
04/26/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Aellom
Thanks Ion, you made that crystal clear! "Alliance, shut up. Your opinions are not valued. Accept second-class citizen status or join the Horde!"

Amazing. I have never really considered quitting before, but I am an Alliance player since day 1. It is starting to feel like there is nothing for us to look forward to now.

Can we get a Game Director who isn't rabidly pro one-faction? I can always take my dollars elsewhere, I suppose.
get rekt
04/26/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Fluffyneko
I know right? Now Horde has deadweight Nightborne in our ranks. Tyrande is too good at this game.
04/26/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Aellom

So once again, Tyrande asks an honest question, Thalyssra commits genocide. Proportional response? Or crazy response?
04/26/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Ava
I disagree with their take on the matter.

That said, it's time to move on. We made our voices loudly and clearly heard, reasoned our case, and they've noted our desires and responded. Whining or hurling accusations is not going to help move the ball further down the field.

I don't think this means there is Horde favoritism. It means that 12 or so years ago the people managing the game made a decision that still has ramifications to this day - the Horde were given blood elves, and that faction now has a fierce ownership and identity tied to that race, for whatever reason. I personally didn't see the connection back then, and thought the lore required an incredible amount of hand waving, but the decision was made. The developers have made it clear that the iconic identity of that race is now tied to the Horde... and that the High Elf identity is not, and cannot be made unique enough by granting it to another faction. They've said that Pandaren's neutral design was a poor decision and not likely to happen again.

I disagree with Blizzard's take, but the idea that there hasn't been enough discussion or feedback on the topic is wrong. The idea that one faction is treated worse than the other is wrong.

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pve-stats/best-guilds
https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pve-stats/best-players
04/26/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Triskeriaki
I know right? Now Horde has deadweight Nightborne in our ranks. Tyrande is too good at this game.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

04/26/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Aellom
Thalyssra commits genocide

wut
@op just come on over to horde. I was an alliance player all the way up until Legion Dec 16 and once they killed Varian the choice was too easy.
04/26/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Triskeriaki

shall see. I mean, I've seen a lot of nightborne NPC's so at least they are dying. I haven't really seen them have any lore going on though.

I wish they'd at least make tyrande more likable though, shes pretty different from how she was in W3 into WoW but she had very little presence there for awhile then they suddenly make her Maiev from Warcraft 3 where she hates everyone, judges people and deems them inferior. Tyrande at least used show compassion for a lot, even was nice to blood elves and felt for them in their situation after the 3rd war.

Not saying her mentality was wrong, but her behavior and composure was unlike how she has always been. I'd be skeptical of the nightborne as well if I knew what she knew about them and how they sided with the legion so much.
04/26/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Píñkÿ

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pve-stats/best-guilds
https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pve-stats/best-players

This is so insanely ungodly misleading holy.

You realize the best world-first guilds swap factions right?

You're talking about people who made every single last person who could swap to Goblin for Mythic KJ.

They've been Alliance in the past.

Also reminder that the Human racial was insanely OP for the longest time.

So yeah, for now, Horde has the better racials (although Void Elves are kinda O.o). That's not really heavily disputed at the moment, but please don't act like Horde have been that way forever.