Horde bias is obvious now

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 14 Next
The army of the i want helves because i said so has been proven wrong by Blizzard and now they pretend to know more of the lore than Blizzard.

Go and play WC3 before bragging of been masters of the lore.
how are they Alliance biased for not giving you a Horde race

what
04/26/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Fluffyneko
wut

He thinks that all Horde characters are utterly guilty of what the current evil Warchief does. Meanwhile, any individual Alliance character, if they do something wrong, is automatically not at fault because: 1. it was just an individual mistake or bad action, 2. the Alliance is always justified.
04/26/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Kelisaria
04/26/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Fluffyneko
wut

He thinks that all Horde characters are utterly guilty of what the current evil Warchief does. Meanwhile, any individual Alliance character, if they do something wrong, is automatically not a fault because: 1. it was just an individual mistake or bad action, 2. the Alliance is always justified.

Oh alright
lol. All this for *lore*? really?

I am sure bias regarding lore can be argued either direction forever. It is pointless. Do I think there is a horde bias in the lore? Maybe, but thats a subjective opinion and w/e. Not worth debating.

HOWEVER.

Sort realm population by server type and THEN tell me there is no horde bias. Those are cold hard quantifiable numbers. Not subjective. Horde dominates PvP, and Alliance is PvE. That is what I call an undeniable bias. Look at wins per BG. Horde has 10 bgs, while Alliance has two.

Horde gets raptors, alliance gets .... A HORSE. woohoo.

But go ahead and argue lore. Horde has Sylvanas, and we have a boy king with issues, that next xpac will prolly dye his hair black, and change SW soundtrack to depeche mode.

Anduin Wrynn whispers: "No one understands me..."
04/26/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Aellom
MoP/WoD the story about Garrosh? That?

The one where he goes Orc-Hitler, for absolutely 0 reason, and the Horde loses another leader?
Yeah.
04/26/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Lansuppercut
The army of the i want helves because i said so has been proven wrong by Blizzard and now they pretend to know more of the lore than Blizzard.

Go and play WC3 before bragging of been masters of the lore.

To be fair, it's not like blizzard knows what they are doing with lore or a lot of other things. That's why there's guys like Red T-shirt guy and others. They forget stuff and are inconsistent as well, also retconing things.

I can't imagine blizzard truly knows more/better judgement given that they took away master looter.
This isn't even about high elves to me. It was never about high elves to me. It's about acknowledging a bias that's clear as day. The favored child laughs and mocks the neglected one knowing full well the devs support them. You say "stop the hate" but this is one of the devs fully support with their flippancy and favoritism.

To have a developer dismiss something so shamelessly, to look at these people and say "Just go play the side we love more" was one of the most audacious things I've seen in a QnA session.

To quote my thread.

When the Alliance does it

Alliance: "Grrr give us high elves! And Broken Draenei! And Wildhammer dwarves!"

Devs: "Nah, go play Horde!"

When the Horde does it

Horde: "Grrr give us orcs that stand up straight! And Mag'har! And Zandalari!"

Devs: "Of course my darling! Here you go! We'll go ahead and let those Mag'har take on the appearance of multiple orc clans. Oh and we'll give blood elves golden eyes too! Anything else?"

I'm not even a high elf buff. I think giving them an allied race option is absurd but if you people can't grasp the discrepancy here than you're either being malicious or outright ignorant. They can straighten up an entire character model but they can't add two customization options that make skin fair and eyes blue? Please.
04/26/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Sykokiller
lol. All this for *lore*? really?

I am sure bias regarding lore can be argued either direction forever. It is pointless. Do I think there is a horde bias in the lore? Maybe, but thats a subjective opinion and w/e. Not worth debating.

HOWEVER.

Sort realm population by server type and THEN tell me there is no horde bias. Those are cold hard quantifiable numbers. Not subjective. Horde dominates PvP, and Alliance is PvE. That is what I call an undeniable bias. Look at wins per BG. Horde has 10 bgs, while Alliance has two.

Horde gets raptors, alliance gets .... A HORSE. woohoo.

But go ahead and argue lore. Horde has Sylvanas, and we have a boy king with issues, that next xpac will prolly dye his hair black, and change SW soundtrack to depeche mode.

Anduin Wrynn whispers: "No one understands me..."

After all the horses alliance gets, blizzard still can't make a horse that actually runs like a real horse. They have never gotten them done right.
Honestly, I’m becoming so disillusioned with Blizzard, World of Warcraft, Battle for Azeroth, and Ion. I welcome the day he is thrust from his position. I hope that the damage he does is not irreversible. I.. am seriously considering unsubscribing after 13+ years. I haven’t felt this fervently about it before either.

Ion needs to go.
04/26/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Feelsgood
04/26/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Aellom
MoP/WoD the story about Garrosh? That?

The one where he goes Orc-Hitler, for absolutely 0 reason, and the Horde loses another leader?
Yeah.

There was a reason for it.

The forums screamed mightly and loudly since he became Warchief and Blizzard decided to abandon the first really interesting character the Horde had (Garrosh balancing savagery with statecraft) in favor of him going Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain and using a Old God as a Raid Buff.
I know people on the Horde who want Worgen (for whatever reason). I wonder if they think it's an Alliance bias because they're not getting their way...
04/26/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Saosao
@op just come on over to horde. I was an alliance player all the way up until Legion Dec 16 and once they killed Varian the choice was too easy.

It would be the easy thing to do, but I just can't get behind Sylvanas. Maybe Thrall needs to return and set his kingdom in order.
04/26/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Píñkÿ
04/26/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Ava
I disagree with their take on the matter.

That said, it's time to move on. We made our voices loudly and clearly heard, reasoned our case, and they've noted our desires and responded. Whining or hurling accusations is not going to help move the ball further down the field.

I don't think this means there is Horde favoritism. It means that 12 or so years ago the people managing the game made a decision that still has ramifications to this day - the Horde were given blood elves, and that faction now has a fierce ownership and identity tied to that race, for whatever reason. I personally didn't see the connection back then, and thought the lore required an incredible amount of hand waving, but the decision was made. The developers have made it clear that the iconic identity of that race is now tied to the Horde... and that the High Elf identity is not, and cannot be made unique enough by granting it to another faction. They've said that Pandaren's neutral design was a poor decision and not likely to happen again.

I disagree with Blizzard's take, but the idea that there hasn't been enough discussion or feedback on the topic is wrong. The idea that one faction is treated worse than the other is wrong.

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pve-stats/best-guilds
https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pve-stats/best-players

It's worse than I thought. When I see these I become convinced they need to rename this game World of Hordecraft. That way Alliance players can finally all face the fact that they don't give a damn about us, never will, and we can just move on to another game.
04/26/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Shuull

Alliance: "Grrr give us high elves! And Broken Draenei! And Wildhammer dwarves!"

When the Horde does it

Devs: "Of course my darling! Here you go! We'll go ahead and let those Mag'har take on the appearance of multiple orc clans. Oh and we'll give blood elves golden eyes too! Anything else?"

I'm not even a high elf buff. I think giving them an allied race option is absurd but if you people can't grasp the discrepancy here than you're either being malicious or outright ignorant. They can straighten up an entire character model but they can't add two customization options that make skin fair and eyes blue? Please.

Alliance got Void Elves which is a compromise. It adds more lore and is more easy to see the difference between the two.

Broken would be cool I guess.

Honestly, I think Dark Irons are like, super super awesome. Like if I were to ever go Alliance (ew) I'd go Pandaren because I love Pandaren women or Dark Iron because the concept of playing a Dark Iron is just super cool. ... Huge if tho I'm proud to be Horde >.>
04/26/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Shuull

When the Horde does it

The Horde demands aren't the same as the Alliance ones, so it's a crappy comparison. The Alliance complaint is asking for an exact carbon-copy of a Horde race, but with blue eyes. The Horde just asked for better Orcish posture. Broken might be cool. Dark Irons are infinitely better than Wildhammers, as they have that cool charcoal skin and red eyes, live in a volcano, and have great armor sets.
04/26/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Miadra
<span class="truncated">...</span>

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pve-stats/best-guilds

It's worse than I thought. When I see these I become convinced they need to rename this game World of Hordecraft. That way Alliance players can finally all face the fact that they don't give a damn about us, never will, and we can just move on to another game.
We just all gotta reroll horde, right? that will solve all the problems. Heard it from the dev's anyways this QnA

lol they're all Horde.

FOR THE HORDE!
04/26/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Vokeur
Honestly, I’m becoming so disillusioned with Blizzard, World of Warcraft, Battle for Azeroth, and Ion. I welcome the day he is thrust from his position. I hope that the damage he does is not irreversible. I.. am seriously considering unsubscribing after 13+ years. I haven’t felt this fervently about it before either.

Ion needs to go.

I cancelled mine today: a sub that was running consistently since flying returned in WoD. They don't ask questions anymore, but they are sure going to notice a huge amount of cancelled subs in response to Ion.
04/26/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Fluffyneko
Alliance got Void Elves which is a compromise.

Literally no one asked for or wanted the biggest lore asspull Blizzard has ever conceived. "Adds more lore"? No. It doesn't. A scenario involving blood elves opening a recycled box doodad and turning "voidy" is not "new lore." It's an asspull.

Dark Irons would be cool if they were relevant sometime since Vanilla. We've had more Wildhammer content, the clan of dwarves that literally introduced druidism to dwarves, than we've ever had Dark Irons.