Ion and High Elves

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 15 Next
04/26/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Averax
Perhaps a series of discussion threads that were constantly having their caps upped by a mysterious goat.

The longer those threads get, the more muddied they become by people not really discussion, and just saying things like "get over it" or "no" which isn't really a discussion.
Not to mention it's not my intention to steer those threads from their original intended course which was discussing the validity of High Elves as a playable Race. I'm not trying to argue their validity, my only focus is to find out whether or not anyone would be willing to pay for them.
04/26/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Goldwing
04/26/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Tausnor
would you begrudgingly accept High Elves as a Payable-Race?

I'd pay $60 dollars for it.

Blizzard's seriously leaving a LOT of money on the table for no good reason.

This ^^
To them it'd be such a profitable option.
I'd easily pay $60 for it.
04/26/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Stayinmylos
At this point I don't care what side of the argument you're on.

Just stop.

Making.

Threads.

If you don't like the threads don't post in them.

Just stop.

Making.

Threads.

Serious question.

Whenever hot button issues pop up on the forums, when has "OMG! Just stop posting about this already!" ever worked?

Even once?

The issue will go away when it is either resolved, or people finally get bored with it and it fizzles out on its own and not a moment before.
04/26/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Impulze
We don’t need to make a discussion there was already a huge anti/pro-he thread. They literally just said no. At this point the pro-he fanatics that keep making threads is just pathetic. Just stop

Can you not read the one paragraph of the TL:DR? This isn't a anti/pro thread.

Don't start a conversation with an already formed answer before you hear the question.

This is a Pay/Not Worth Paying Thread. Would you be willing to Pay for High Elves or Not?
04/26/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Cäynä

Just stop.

Making.

Threads.

Agree 1000%.

This isn't even about high elves to me. It was never about high elves to me. It's about acknowledging a bias that's clear as day. The favored child laughs and mocks the neglected one knowing full well the devs support them. You say "stop the hate" but this is one of the devs fully support with their flippancy and favoritism.

To have a developer dismiss something so shamelessly, to look at these people and say "Just go play the side we love more" was one of the most audacious things I've seen in a QnA session.

To quote my thread.

When the Alliance does it

Alliance: "Grrr give us high elves! And Broken Draenei! And Wildhammer dwarves!"

Devs: "Nah, go play Horde!"

When the Horde does it

Horde: "Grrr give us orcs that stand up straight! And Mag'har! And Zandalari!"

Devs: "Of course my darling! Here you go! We'll go ahead and let those Mag'har take on the appearance of multiple orc clans. Oh and we'll give blood elves golden eyes too! Anything else?"

I'm not even a high elf buff. I think giving them an allied race option is absurd but if you people can't grasp the discrepancy here than you're either being malicious or outright ignorant. They can straighten up an entire character model but they can't add two customization options that make skin fair and eyes blue? Please.
I'd honestly pay to unlock High Elves, just as I would pay for other races to be available such as the undead Dark Rangers for Horde.

I've been saying it so many times that High elves, Vulpera, and Vrykul are literally a cash cow but Blizzard really isn't listening to that.

Race choice is mostly cosmetic for the most part... Why not give the fan base a service and make it an option?
04/26/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Tausnor
04/26/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Aellom
Ion just loves Horde. He only plays Horde and only cares about Horde.

I am not sure if that is true. I honestly would question if Ion plays the game at all before I believe that he is a Horde biased fanboy. But if your argument is

He will only invest just enough in Alliance to keep people paying.

Then even he would consider the Payable Race of High Elves.

Her plays an orc shaman
04/26/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Tausnor
04/26/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Impulze
We don’t need to make a discussion there was already a huge anti/pro-he thread. They literally just said no. At this point the pro-he fanatics that keep making threads is just pathetic. Just stop

Can you not read the one paragraph of the TL:DR? This isn't a anti/pro thread.

Don't start a conversation with an already formed answer before you hear the question.

This is a Pay/Not Worth Paying Thread. Would you be willing to Pay for High Elves or Not?

they aren't going to let us pay for high elves. they just lost maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars so far, and they knew that was gonna happen and still did it. ion knew when the q and a started, that it was gonna be bad. he looked scared.

Whoa that's more than I was even considering, I was thinking about $20, the same for a mount or the tokens. $30 would be pushing the threads imo, but I suppose you can get as much money as people are willing to pay.

04/26/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Shudder
We have been discussing it for the last several weeks.

The discussion is now largely over except for those who wish to spin the answer Ion did give.

No we havent. There has been no discussion about whether or not High Elves could be implemented as a Payable option, if you actually read, you would know that's what this thread is about.

04/26/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Garrondorf
It felt more like: "This again? I thought were through this already"

Basically, he hasn't done anymore research on player opinion than when the last time he was asked that question.

Ah I see what you're talking about, that isn't how I took it but I can definitely see that being the kind of vibe to be picked up.
04/26/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Atrael
Players were never told that they would be able to play high elves and find it surprising that they can’t play high elves.

Players built up their own expectations. They have no one to blame but themselves.

What is your argument here? No one is making the claim High Elves should be playable because it was promised to them, because you're right it never was. Not to mention that's not even what this thread is about.
04/26/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Tausnor
would you begrudgingly accept High Elves as a Payable-Race?

You may pay $60 dollars for it but I would quit the game over them adding races as a micro-transaction in a sub based game. I doubt I would be the only one and it has nothing to do with High Elves being a playable race but them being a payable -race.

People kill me with the whole "If I cann't get what I want this way, let me throw money at it". Whatever happen to coping skills and accepting when an answer is no?
Like the devs remotely care what the players want.
04/26/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Verheinen

I'm fine with people posting in the thread, even if they aren't agreeing with it. I just wished that people actually focused on the subject matter of the thread, which already I've noticed several who haven't. They come in thinking it's one thing when it's something else.

04/26/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Shuull
It's about acknowledging a bias that's clear as day.

I don't even believe that there is a bias. I believe Blizzard just did what they thought was right, and is either too prideful or too ashamed they mucked it up. But that's not the subject matter of this thread, as a non HE buff, or rather someone who doesn't care about HE being implemented or not. Would you care if HE became a payable race?
04/26/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Berry
inb4 people celebrate and lionize Ion because "yay he killed something that Alliance players want!" while completely ignoring Ion's absolutely disastrous take on GCDs and pruning.

I don’t think people are being completely fair on the issue of GCD and pruning. He does make good points for his arguments on both of those topics. I don’t know how it will play out as I am unable to test, but they are determined to try it. Just give feedback on what your experiences are. Does this skill feel clunky on GCD? Are there too few skills to make the spec feel interesting? This is the kind of feedback they are going to look at.

Whatever they do, expect lots of work needing to be done at release. That seems to be the case in any MMO. If they fail to deliver a satisfactory experience, players will leave. That will ultimately be the major influence of further changes they make, especially on decisions they feel strongly about.
04/26/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Tiresias
Whatever happen to coping skills and accepting when an answer is no?

This has, quite literally, never happened in the entire history of video games and fandoms.

Pick one out of a hat. I guarantee you that getting told "No," has only made people complain louder.
04/26/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Wolfie
I'd honestly pay to unlock High Elves, just as I would pay for other races to be available such as the undead Dark Rangers for Horde.

I've been saying it so many times that High elves, Vulpera, and Vrykul are literally a cash cow but Blizzard really isn't listening to that.

Race choice is mostly cosmetic for the most part... Why not give the fan base a service and make it an option?

To make a numerous array of Races available in the Cash shop would be extremely polarizing, even though admittedly I'd pay for them all, even I would be strongly against it.
That's a system for a free to play game, for a subscription model like WoW most races should be accessed with your subscription and the expansions. Not to mention it may muddy up the lore of the expansion or the game overall. The reason I made HE the exception for this discussion is because not only do they have such a large following, their implementation would blend in so well with the current ongoings of the game and what is to come for BFA.
Ion just loves Horde. He only plays Horde and only cares about Horde.

He will only invest just enough in Alliance to keep people paying. The Horde though? that's his precious babe that needs coddling and protection from the mean people trying to take their silver spoons away.
Someone forgot that the entirety of Legion is about the Alliance.
Whoa that's more than I was even considering, I was thinking about $20, the same for a mount or the tokens. $30 would be pushing the threads imo, but I suppose you can get as much money as people are willing to pay.

I'm basically making a point, but I've been a fan of the High Elves since WarCraft II (When the final Alliance Mission hands you four Rangers and they have to fend off a damn DRAGON from the start while you get anti-air set up). Was a huge fan of their story in The Frozen Throne. Then Burning Crusade came about and I was going to make one of every Blood Elf. I was the ultimate fanboy.

Then came the Fel Crystals
The totalitarian regime
The torturing of a creature of Light
The fact the Horde story has skewed towards casual genocide since Catacylsm

Being a Blood Elf wasn't a comfortable fit, ever. But from Wrath on there was this organization of Quel'dorei who aided the Alliance. Even got one of their horses as a mount, despite the fact no Alliance race looks good riding it. Then they came back in Catacylsm, burying the hatchet with the Farstriders to take on Trolls. Then they were driving forward on the Isle of Thunder to take the fight to Lei Shein. Then a whole big army of them turned up in Suramar to help the Nightfallen reclaim their city from the Legion. THEN Blizzard announced Allied Races that the Alliance and Horde would actively be courting for the coming factional conflict.

My preferred avatar for this game world has been suck in the wrong faction for over a decade. I'm willing to pay the price of a complete expansion to correct that error.

As it stands, I'm taking the Blueberry Consolation Prize. But the fact I'm viewing it as a consolation prize is pretty damning, all things considered.

04/26/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Tiresias
Whatever happen to coping skills and accepting when an answer is no?

I am coping with it. I'm diving into Argus - The Broken Shore writ large - to build up reputation to gain the consolation prize offered. All I'm saying is that this ultimately is a very bad business decision on Blizzard's part. But I do acknowledge it's Blizzard's decision to make.

I also remember when the Horde would never have Paladins/Alliance would never have Shaman/Humans would never be Hunters/Blood Elves wouldn't be Warriors/etc...