No more blacklisting? Please modify Strand!

War Mode and World PvP
1 2 3 10 Next
With 40 man BG's in their own queue, apparently blacklisting is gone. This will make Strand of the Ancients the least popular battleground in the regular queue. Whenever you queue with friends, everyone will groan when you get SotA.

That's the bad news. The good is I don't think it's irredeemable. The worst part about SotA, imo, is having to run back to jump into a vehicle which reduces your character to two abilities and two movement directions.

Why not just have these controlled by NPC's?
I don't see it in the specific BG queue, maybe they are removing it?

e: Not available as a wargame option either.. but the achievements are still there. Maybe it's being worked on?
Oh wow, you're right. Great catch.

04/26/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Rorke
Hello Churchmouse.

I've been looking for you.

Hi
Strand of the Ancients has been removed in Battle for Azeroth.
04/26/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Arempy
Wait...

Really?

Thank GOD.

EDIT: Please don't retire Battlemaster with this change. Strand needs to go, but let's not have a repeat of Arena Master where you remove a title promising for a replacement and then just forget about it. Strand achievements aren't even particularly hard, so it's not like it was the roadblock for people going for Battlemaster.

Well, that's one way of fixing something i guess >.<

Terrible. Pruning and removing things is not the answer. Removing 5s wasn't the answer. Removing abilities wasn't the answer. With each removal the PVP community gets smaller and smaller.
I despise this change; what the hell???

You do realize that there are people who LIKE SotA?

Can you guys stop chopping this game down and try fixing something - ACTUALLY fixing it, y'know, with EFFORT - just once?
04/26/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Lilyallen
Terrible. Pruning and removing things is not the answer. Removing 5s wasn't the answer. Removing abilities wasn't the answer. With each removal the PVP community gets smaller and smaller.

I disagree entirely. I can't tell you how much hate that every single player I knew had for that bg. No one likes vehicles and bombs.
04/26/2018 08:16 PMPosted by Mortignis

I disagree entirely. I can't tell you how much hate that every single player I knew had for that bg. No one likes vehicles and bombs.

Then keep a single BG blacklist. No need for a removal.
so glad it's gone. I wish we didn't lose blacklisting tho even if we don't have 2 would be nice to have at least 1
I'm willing to bet with a very high level of confidence that AV, IoC, and SotA are the most blacklisted bgs consistently, hence why those 3 specifically received attention in BfA.

Personally I hate the battleground with a passion to the point where I always afk'd out of it (I'd blacklist it, but y'know, my blacklists were reserved for the PvE content). I'm not sad to see it go, but I do think outright removal is a bit heavyhanded.

I think at the very least it should be converted to a Brawl.
Framing this on my wall.
My favorite BG gone. Well that's disappointing. I've been slowly working on those battlemaster achievements over the years but I guess that's over.
Adios strand!! Woot!
Strand was my favourite BG so I'm sad to see it gone, but I know it had a lot of issues.

That being said, would it be possible to make its retirement temporary like Ashran to spend time to work on it? Right now, I don't think it fits into either a regular BG or large BG category, but it could be tuned/changed in the future.

This is really dumb. Why though?
As a long time BG player, I'd say this is a very welcome change. I know I don't speak for everybody but I hated it every time I would try and que for some PvP and I'd get Player versus Vehicle instead.

It was a nice idea, but the vehicles should have been a supplement to the PvP interaction and not the main course.
This is probably the best change in BFA so far.