No more blacklisting? Please modify Strand!

War Mode and World PvP
Prev 1 4 5 6 10 Next
This is stupid. Sure, I blacklisted it on occasion if I was limited on time because it took longer since it had 2 rounds, but I still enjoy it. They could just revamp it. Removing it completely is crazy.
thank the lord
04/26/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Arempy
Strand of the Ancients has been removed in Battle for Azeroth.

As in "gone for BfA", or "gone gone"? Which is it?
People play strand less then Isle of Conquest. Not surprised,

Vehicular combat is not pvp.

A terrible decision. Instead of adjusting, improving it, just take it away. We barely get any PVP updates or new BGs and now you are removing one of the few we do have.
Removing content is NEVER good.
Strand is the only vehicle battle ground I've ever enjoyed because it doesn't get as drawn out as others and nearly everyone knows the strategies because there are fewer so there's more teamwork and synergy. Each wall felt very exciting to me too. Sort of like a more lunchbreak-sized wintergrasp. Hopefully it can be improved and re-added someday like Ashran.
Hey, I hate WSG. Can we remove that?

Carrying a flag is a silly concept for a BG! Player vs grand theft pennant!

We get it: you didn't like Strand. Plenty of people do. And plenty of people hate YOUR favorite BG.

Your stock price (ATVI) just went up 10% today.....at least if I could manipulate the markets, that's what I would do.
I've read a lot in this thread about Horde loved it, Alliance hated it, or the first side to go always wins... Truth of the matter is that this allows a different playstyle. That's one of the nice things about the various battlegrounds: They each have a different feel. Even AB and BFG, which are basically the same BG have a different dynamic because of the number of flag points. Removing it because it's not a favorite is silly. Sure, there may be balancing issues, but balancing issues can be addressed.

I for one love the battleground. I've played it enough to know the first team to go does NOT always win. There are different strategies that make it work well for different teams. Removing it isn't the answer. This is almost as bad a decision as turning AV into a zergfest.
They really should of had a few more words explaining the situation before posting what is more akin to a line in the April Fools jokes. Are there plans to bring it back in a patch, next xpac or most likely gone forever? What does that mean for battlemaster?

The bg is awful as is. If the team that starts on D is far superior you'll have a 15 min bg that only ever has one boring end. The last graveyard flag has always been a problem as it is usually better to not cap it. Finally movement is far too important as the bg plays out now. In wrath the siege had more health and moved much slower with all the CC allowed on them. Made for more of a territorial fight of importance and not a remembrance of the nightmare that is chasing a DH tank around in WSG.
04/27/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Deb
People play strand less then Isle of Conquest. Not surprised,

Vehicular combat is not pvp.

and people who hate SOTA are the same people who hate IOC.

Stop catering to haters, Blizzard or watch as people move away from this game for something else.
04/26/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Branalia
My favorite BG gone. Well that's disappointing. I've been slowly working on those battlemaster achievements over the years but I guess that's over.

Seriously.

I know people might think it's insane, but Strand really is one of my favorites and always has been. It's unique and has a sense of movement/progression to it. You wanna talk about removal? Isle of Conquest (what the actual f***) and AV are just badly designed. They're not "large" or "unique," they're terrible.

Why the hell would you remove something just because opinions are divided on it?

Clearly this is divisive, as some people hate it and some people like it... but why is removal the answer?

Blizzard's design philosophies for the past two expansions are getting really questionable. This whole "chop it up, throw it out" bull crap is definitely wearing on my patience; my wife and I may leave soon. ESO, GW2, and FF are all serious competitors, and this Patchwerk-style ad hoc development is just foolishness.

"You think you want it, but you don't."

/spit
NO One liked Sota don't assume they did lol

I am OK with this.
[quote="207611876354"]

Why would you delete a good BG like that?

blizzard doesn't delete content, they remove it. it's like moving a box that was in a room to another room. a room where you can't see it, it's there but you just can't touch it anymore with your grubby hands. :)

Didn't they delete their classic wow content which is why they have to start over?[/quote

that was 10 years ago
I mostly used blacklist only for BGs that open up five times in a row, just so see some other BGs. keep the blacklist for one or two BGs. but dont remove SotA, because there are players that like it.
04/27/2018 03:47 AMPosted by Churchmouse
I think this is a good short-term solution. In my personal experience, whenever I would downvote AV and IoC (because I think these aren't designed very well atm either), people in my party would always complain I wasn't downvoting Strand. Blizzard's decision was very likely influenced by blacklisting data.

But in the long-term, Strand can certainly be fixed. Just make it work more like a moba where the siege vehicles are controlled by NPC's. This would also solve the issue where you're not supposed to capture the third graveyard.

I was actually going to suggest this. Having less dependency on player controlled vehicles would maybe make this BG feel less like a chore. With the new AI systems in this expansion made, it certainly can be done.
strand was fine, Please should cut isle of conquest or fix av to back being fair.