Quillboar for the Alliance

General Discussion
Racial Skeleton: Tauren

The former natives of Durotar have suffered much under the oppressive hand of the Horde. They've been driven into the Scourge's arms and their species driven to the brink of extinction - reduced to raiding simply to survive.

With the war flaring up between the Alliance and the Horde, especially with the loss of territory, the Alliance is looking for an edge - someone to work behind enemy lines.

The Draenei, with help from the Stillpine Furblog, approach the ragged survivors of Razorfen and offer them support. But the Horde has eyes everywhere in the Barrens...the meeting is discovered. The Blight is deployed. The Quillboar survivors flee with the Draenei and Furblog, offered safety on Azuremyst Island...and provided a chance to fight to reclaim their ancestral homeland.

Classes:

Warrior
Hunter
Shaman
Rogue
Monk

Sample Lines:

/silly "All Alliance are equal. *snort* Some Alliance more equal than others."

/flirt "Mind if I go...digging from truffles?"
Quillboar for dinner sounds better to me. They could have a big pork roast dinner in Stormwind to feed everybody.
How about playable Blood Elf Contact Lenses for Alliance as their next playable race?
Thanks for trolling.
I think for an Alliance savage allied race, Gnolls would work quite a bit better.

The kind of funny thing about Quillboar... Orcs used to be generally depicted as pig people much like the Quillboar (thus the Gammoreans in Star Wars). In fact, it isn't terribly difficult to still find media that depicts Orcs as pig-people. The more gorilla-like appearance that the WarCraft Orcs have is something that started in WarHammer (the very thing that WarCraft intended to be a liscensed game of) and sort of spread out from there.

So it is a bit odd that in WarCraft 3, Blizzard decided to have their Orcs land on another continent and begin immediately displacing people that are what other media would call "Orcs".

But I am just not sure many people would play pig-people, especially if they were limited to only 5 classes. While beast people is popular, people tend to flock to carnivore ones.

Although this...

04/26/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Khrava
Quillboar for dinner sounds better to me. They could have a big pork roast dinner in Stormwind to feed everybody.

does make me wonder why people don't joke about making Tauren burgers much.
04/26/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Zakktzuk
does make me wonder why people don't joke about making Tauren burgers much.

The joke's only funny until you get a hoof up your backside. Do you know how big those things are? I like jokes where I laugh instead of people laughing at what happened to me.

: )