Why remove choices??

General Discussion
I just don't get it. Maybe I am just a little too laid back, but why do people support removing choices from the game? Especially choices that don't actually impact others at all...

"Remove LFR!" "Remove master loot!"

I understand you may not like these things. I personally hate master loot. But I also know some people really use it and use it well.

Be careful what you ask them to remove... they might be coming for your shiny next.
Two separate issues stemming from the same thing: control.

LFR has been loathed by a vocal contingent pf forum rats since its inception. The only reasons I can see to dislike it:

1. It removes the lowest tranche of acceptable raiders, thus making so-called "real" raid teams harder to fill.
2. It makes actual raid content less elite.

I personally think it's mostly 2.

Masterloot is the same thing: It is a way to control who gets what, and while I'm sure many guilds are entirely altruistic with their loot distribution, many are also not.
because i dont like how other people are playing the game and i want them to stop

how dare people choose to do loot council in a guild i dont raid in when i, an intellectual, prefer personal loot!
I don't know that I've ever seen a thread over the years asking for ML to be removed. That's all on Blizz right there.
The reason they want to remove master loot is because they want to kill off mythic raiding and what's left of the guild community in this game.
They better not get rid of lfr. I would like to still casually experiebce the content.

They might as well remove casual bgs and only have rated.
04/27/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Kaiyeri
I don't know that I've ever seen a thread over the years asking for ML to be removed. That's all on Blizz right there.

That's fair enough. You are correct.

It seems Blizzard came up with the idea. Yet I have seen many players here in GD agree with Blizzard's decision. That is what I am baffled about... why agree with choices being removed?

But even though removing ML won't matter to me at all, it matters to some folks a lot. So I say keep it for their sake. After all, it doesn't hurt me if I don't use it.

If someone wants something that hurts their class removed, of affects their gameplay, then even if I don't agree I can see why they want the change.

But this isn't change it is simply more pruning.
04/27/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Fellhànd
Two separate issues stemming from the same thing: control.

LFR has been loathed by a vocal contingent pf forum rats since its inception. The only reasons I can see to dislike it:

1. It removes the lowest tranche of acceptable raiders, thus making so-called "real" raid teams harder to fill.
2. It makes actual raid content less elite.

I personally think it's mostly 2.

Masterloot is the same thing: It is a way to control who gets what, and while I'm sure many guilds are entirely altruistic with their loot distribution, many are also not.

Or they're just trolling about removing LFR because the topic is basically beating a dead horse that should have been sent to the glue factory YEARS ago. But let's not continue beating that dead horse, and look at Master Loot.

Master loot was a serious issue in PUGs in WOD.
I don't know how bad it's been in Legion. What little I raided we used Master Loot/Loot Council in the guild I was in, and I don't recall any complaints.

I remember you couldn't really use Master Loot cross-realm anymore, but to act as if issues won't arise because of Personal Loot in guilds would really show the devs are out of touch with the playerbase today.
They must have their reason, they got all the data, we are better off making suggestions on how to improve personal loot with the trade restriction, bad luck protection and so on, i guess.
04/27/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Jäethram
It seems Blizzard came up with the idea. Yet I have seen many players here in GD agree with Blizzard's decision. That is what I am baffled about... why agree with choices being removed?

It is because some of them like the idea of the elitists getting whats coming to them. I am not particularly shocked, I mean there are a lot of threads over the years on here that were pretty mean towards the casual base.
People tend to enjoy making others upset on the internet.
Because of the MDA problem of game design.

Game Designers can only create Mechanics
Mechanics produce game Dynamics
Dynamics exhibit the game's Aesthetics

The tail has to wag the dog. When a mechanic creates the opportunity for dynamics that lead to negative experiences, the offending mechanic(s) need to be changed or removed.
04/27/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Allialaara
The reason they want to remove master loot is because they want to kill off mythic raiding and what's left of the guild community in this game.

I understand your frustration but this is just total hyperbole.
04/27/2018 11:07 AMPosted by What
Master loot was a serious issue in PUGs in WOD.
I don't know how bad it's been in Legion. What little I raided we used Master Loot/Loot Council in the guild I was in, and I don't recall any complaints.

You're absolutely right about WoD. Oh man, do I remember the countless "loot ninja", "MS > OS" complaint threads. The ironic thing is, many of those complaining the loudest about ML back in WoD conceded that it's great for guilds. That was the argument, remove ML for pugs only.

It wasn't until Ion brought this up two q&a's ago did anyone even start talking about the affects on raid guilds. The ironic thing thing about that? The loudest complainers couldn't care less about ML. It doesn't affect them at all. They are only speaking out against it because they triggered by all us unhappy with the change. I'm serious, besides a few stories these people have heard over the years, they don't have personal experience raiding with the same guild for multiple expansions in friendly mature environment and therefore have no way of appreciating what this really means. They're all ... "I have no requisite experience to speak of but ERMAGHERD!!! People complaining!! I MUST DISAGREE!!!"
Mythic Raiding will still always be there. The only difference it will cause is Mythic Raiding guilds will use more caution when allowing members in their group. It could be a blessing to help solidify a core group even further. It takes away favoritism and causes the guild to actually be a guild.
Those core established groups will still be there and it won't change a darn thing

people don't like LFR because it takes away the elitism from raiding guilds. And elitism still exists towards the casual community. Which is sad considering it only helps create content *for* the raiding community all the better by allowing everyone to get a taste of it.