Windwalker Squishy

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Windwalker just feels extremely squishy compared to a lot of other melee.

Vivify doesn't help you in solo content because it's such a slow cast that by the time you've casted it you've already taken that dmg and some more.
It's almost like they shouldn't have removed Healing Elixir.

*glares at Blizzard*

Pls giv
I have to disagree. I rarely find the need to use Vivify leveling through Beta because of Afterlife. It's better to keep damage up so you can kill the target to proc the Healing Sphere than it is to waste time on casting our heal.

In those moments I've over pulled I'll use Viv after I stun the pack just to stabilize then I focus down one at a time since each kill will proc Afterlife.
You might be able to argue that WW isn't great at fighting elites solo. But as for overall survivability, I wouldn't call WW particularly squishy. For general solo play the healing spheres for killing something still work very well. For group play, being able to have karma AND diffuse magic AND dampen harm means having a defensive cooldown available much more often that most any other dps spec. None of them are outright immunities so you can't super cheese with them, but you'd be hard pressed to argue that WW don't have tools to deal with damage that they are actually supposed to be taking in an encounter now that they can choose to have three independent defensive cooldowns.
Compared to the alpha we are stronger now.

But if you level up other melee you will quickly notice we do take hits harder than say, combat rogue, havoc demonhunter, survival hunter, ret paladin, and even arms warrior. Their self sustain is just a tad more functional.

We are not bad at all though.
Self sustain and squishiness are two different things. We don't have the self-healing some other specs are capable of. But we also aren't squishy, with the ability to have so many mitigation cooldowns. If rogues and demon hunters are held as the standard, then everyone that isn't one of them is squishy, apparently.

I disagree about arms specifically, though. They have to actually kill something to get meaningful healing as well, and WW has a much stronger cooldown set (die by the sword is arguably stronger while it is up, but that is the only beefy defensive they have) and an AoE stun to last until they actually start killing things. They can spec impending victory, but that comes at the cost of severely reducing their post kill healing. I've never been particularly fond of it while leveling, because normally I'll be killing things so fast that I only use it after a kill reset anyway.
04/29/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Weihuu
Self sustain and squishiness are two different things. We don't have the self-healing some other specs are capable of. But we also aren't squishy, with the ability to have so many mitigation cooldowns. If rogues and demon hunters are held as the standard, then everyone that isn't one of them is squishy, apparently.

I disagree about arms specifically, though. They have to actually kill something to get meaningful healing as well, and WW has a much stronger cooldown set (die by the sword is arguably stronger while it is up, but that is the only beefy defensive they have) and an AoE stun to last until they actually start killing things. They can spec impending victory, but that comes at the cost of severely reducing their post kill healing. I've never been particularly fond of it while leveling, because normally I'll be killing things so fast that I only use it after a kill reset anyway.

I'd say Impending Victory + Defensive Stance is pretty strong
If you are killing things at least once every 30 seconds, impending victory is a nerf to your healing. Defensive stance is okay if you are willing to eat the damage debuff. WW can talent into what basically amounts to a 10% passive DR if you really want to now, with no GCD cost or damage reduction. I'd generally just take dampen harm though.

Arms is strong while leveling if you are regularly killing things, but their survivability in a group situation? They really don't have all that much going for them. A 30% DR on an 3 minute cooldown (the 100% parry chance is rarely that relevant in group content), a talent with a damage nerf and a GCD cost for 20% DR (though available with no cooldown), and rallying cry, which is a strong ability, to be sure, but not so much for personal survivability. If I was worried about a melee dying in a high mythic+, I'd be more worried about an arms warrior than a BfA WW monk.
Hi. I'm hoping this post makes everything clear.

We have multiple cooldowns and more ways to heal/defensive cooldowns than probably any other class/spec.
1: Diffuse magic
2: black ox statue/ring of peace
3: inner strength / dampen harm / tiger's lust (which removes roots and snares)
4: Invoke xuen (he usually has threat with the amount of damage he does.)
5: serenity
6: leg sweep
7: touch of karma
8: storm, earth and fire (this is a 35% increase to both damage and healing)
9: detox (yes you actually can dispel things off of yourself/others)
10: paralysis
11: roll and flying serpent kick (to get out of or completely away from things that are killing you)
12: transcendance (yet another get out of jail free card)
13: vivify

14: and the big one!!!! 'Afterlife' this is a passive: "when you kill an enemy, you summon a healing sphere, healing you for "x" when you walk through it. When you kill an enemy with blackout kick, you have a 50% chance to summon a chi sphere, granting 1 chi when you walk through it"
- this is the exact same thing, only better because we get a chi as well, as demon hunters souls and DKs reset of blood strike.

currently WW monks are awesome and we also put out ridiculous damage currently in bfa.

**with the use of several cooldowns a average player should be able to take on 4-6 normal adds their level and win**

GG folks.