Artifacts transmog in bfa

General Discussion
If I’m a fire mage, will I be able to mog my shiny artifact sword into anything? Or am I just stuck with using a staff? Or is blizz going to implement swords in fire mage loot so that we can transmog our artifact?
You're mostly likely getting screwed. But we don't know what weapons are dropping yet, as far as I know.

Those weapons appearances should've never been spec specific after Legion, imo.
I’m also getting that feeling *sad face*
It sucks because while the artifacts in their original forms are kinda spec specific (keep in mind a class is the sum of their three/four/two specs, a MM hunter is still a beastmaster and a survivalist, and a fire mage still is able to call upon the arcane and frost, and a ret pally still has protection and holy abilities), they often have skins that are not.

The Star's Design, an appearance for Felo'melorn, is more "generic Nightborne" than fire.

The Resto druid staff in general, in all its skins, is more a generic druid staff than a healing staff

Ashbringer is the most extreme example. But its still a huge source of holy energy that could be drawn upon to heal.
Swords have been part of the mage loot table since vanilla, I don't know why you'd expect them to be unavailable in BFA.

Now whether or not you'd be better off with a staff vs. MH/OH I couldn't tell you. My recollection is that usually in the past MH/OH has been better than a staff for casters.

04/30/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Kaiyeri
You're mostly likely getting screwed. But we don't know what weapons are dropping yet, as far as I know.

Agreed that they shouldn't be spec specific, but what would prevent him from transmogging the fire mage artifact onto a sword if he stays as fire and a sword drops?
I just want to be able to mog my artifact with any given weapon; I’ve spent so much time on those appearances.
04/30/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Kaiyeri

They need to relax transmog restrictions some more if they're going to keep artifact appearances spec-restricted.
I hope they allow us within classes to use the other spec transmogs so hunters can use either the gun, bow or polearm after playing around with MM I really like the bow and think it fits a BM hunter.