Wowhead's article supporting High Elves!

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 Next
04/30/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Sunday
The numbers aren't there for Void Elves either. You can't have it both ways.

The difference is they don't need numbers to be very powerful.
04/29/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Rosaire
http://www.wowhead.com/news=283929/the-discussion-surrounding-high-elves-as-an-allied-race

If anything the Article directly explains why they're not an Allied Race, and why they shouldn't just FYI. Don't read what you want to see. Read 90% of the rest of the article, it's what I've been saying as a longtime Warcraft fan.

TLDR; BLOOD ELVES ARE HIGH ELVES BY A DIFFERENT NAME.... -facepalm-

That said, if Blizz caves, fine, but give me Undead Elves / San'layn, thanks (which actually makes More sense than High Elves).
04/30/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Kalaatia
04/29/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Rosaire
http://www.wowhead.com/news=283929/the-discussion-surrounding-high-elves-as-an-allied-race

And I reported the article as inappropriate content for a paid platform.

It's. Over.

Stop.

LOL, reported to whom? What ‘paid platform’ are you referring to? You can use wowhead for free. Also how is it inappropriate for a paid platform?
High elves are not going to happen. They are not needed as a playable race, you can play void or blood elves and your still a high elf at heart.
04/30/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Faerondil
LOL, reported to whom? What ‘paid platform’ are you referring to? You can use wowhead for free. Also how is it inappropriate for a paid platform?
It rustles their jimmies a bit too hard.
04/30/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Rosyena
High elves are not going to happen. They are not needed as a playable race, you can play void or blood elves and your still a high elf at heart.
Nah Fam, that is completely untrue as the people promoting the idea have demonstrated. Gotta read up if you want to talk about this topic.
04/30/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Damnonii
04/30/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Rosyena
Nah Fam, that is completely untrue as the people promoting the idea have demonstrated. Gotta read up if you want to talk about this topic.

Blizz just needs to stop and give Allied High Elves and Horde San'layn or some iteration of an undead elf.
04/29/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Autri
God I hate Allied Races and what it's implementation has done.
This.
04/30/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Faerondil
04/30/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Finalchaotic
That's like 90% vs 1% of helf traitors aka untainted helves

You very much need to brush up on your math skills and your knowledge of the lore of Quel’thalas...

Why is that?

90% was slaughtered, which left 10%. 5% left with Kael to outlands (more than 2000) and 1% of those who were not there at the time.
Not counting the traitors into the new population-

the remaining 4% and the 5% that left with Kael- became blood elves. Which is 9% in total.

Taking current numbers, 9% becomes a whole (100%)- and now taking into account the defectors.
Which results in 90% Blood elves, counting continued defectors or those listed to have left long after the fall of Quel'thalas aka after our name change.

But sure, feel free to enlighten me on where my math is wrong.
Nice Article.
04/30/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Seriam
04/30/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Damnonii
...Nah Fam, that is completely untrue as the people promoting the idea have demonstrated. Gotta read up if you want to talk about this topic.

Blizz just needs to stop and give Allied High Elves and Horde San'layn or some iteration of an undead elf.
IDK what they do for Horde side, at this point I feel like Horde side has gotten everything we could ask for and more. Giving the Alliance an Allied Race they in lore and in the game already have as NPC's seems like just a no-brainer.

If Ion doesn't want to do it, he should just say "I don't want to do that", sure it would be a dumb reason. Kind of like a kid who doesn't want to eat an apple despite having no reason not to and apples being nutritious and good for you. BUTTTTTttttt it would be a lot better than saying "I don't eat red fruit" despite having a face covered in strawberry juice from gorge oneself on strawberries a minute before.

If Ion is a former Lawyer, I can kinda see why that is a FORMER job if that is his style of argumentation.
04/30/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Zalathel
04/30/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Sunday
The numbers aren't there for Void Elves either. You can't have it both ways.

The difference is they don't need numbers to be very powerful.

Power is irrelevant. If you're going to say you need a certain population amount for a playable race and then make a race with a dozen people you're being hypocritical and people are going to call you out on it.
04/30/2018 03:26 AMPosted by Kaesandra
04/29/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Ytheia
stop

No u

See I can speak your language
UHHHH

Guys, can we talk about how this DK has a gun sticking out of her face and a mace sticking out of her crotch?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/illidan/kaesandra
04/30/2018 08:15 AMPosted by Finalchaotic
Why is that?

90% was slaughtered, which left 10%. 5% left with Kael to outlands (more than 2000) and 1% of those who were not there at the time.
Not counting the traitors into the new population-

the remaining 4% and the 5% that left with Kael- became blood elves. Which is 9% in total.

Taking current numbers, 9% becomes a whole (100%)- and now taking into account the defectors.
Which results in 90% Blood elves, counting continued defectors or those listed to have left long after the fall of Quel'thalas aka after our name change.

But sure, feel free to enlighten me on where my math is wrong.

Pretty sure it was 1.5% that left with Keal. But we killed most of them in BC.

And a good chunk of Blood Elves became Wretched.

Then we have the unknown but small number of Void Elves. (For it to be equal to High Elves, 13-20% would have to been exiled and turned)

So it should be <7.5% of the original High Elf population are Blood Elves.

As for where your math was wrong. If 9% becomes 90% then 1% becomes 10%.
UHHHH

Guys, can we talk about how this DK has a gun sticking out of her face and a mace sticking out of her crotch?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/illidan/kaesandra
this is your brain on felweed
04/29/2018 09:08 PMPosted by Dawnsong
Ion's gonna need to write huge wall of blue text to explain why he doesn't want High Elves to become playable because his answer apparently wasn't enough.
Ion could literally say anything, and no matter how logical he worded it, people will still refute what he is saying and call it irrelevant because they want high elves to be playable.

There is literally nothing you can do to convince a hardcore advocate of high elves that they are not going to be -- let alone shouldn't be -- playable, because they are obsessed with them. It could destroy the game and it would be justified, as long as high elves could be playable... and that's the problem, it could very much negatively impact the game.

Until high elf supporters start accepting that there are barriers and actual reasons why they shouldn't be playable, this argument is just going to continue going around in circles and they will continue to make zero progress towards getting them playable.

Personally, I'd love to see high elves playable, but it's too risky to actually do and as of this moment, I don't see a practical solution that would alleviate that risk. Unless that changed, there's really no way they can be playable... and that's just to make it possible, not necessarily desirable or more interesting than other more unique options (but that's largely up to opinion).
My problem with the article is the title. They call it a "discussion," yet they only include the pro-high elf side. That's not a discussion, that's making an argument (which, for the record, I'm okay with. I just want them to be honest with their title). Their article should be called "The Case for High Elves as an Allied Race" or something similar.

If they want to call it a discussion, they should include the anti-high elf argument as well. All discussions have at least two sides.
Why would I care what wowhead thinks?

04/29/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Ytheia
stop
How about you try to convince Blizzard that RP realms need a toggle that would allow folks to be able to speak to anyone despite race or faction. INcluding the ability to be in opposing faction cities. Mind you they couldn't attack you and you can not attack them. Toggle which means if you aren't interested in this on a RP realm you don't have to see it either!

If this was a thing .....any alliance member could make a High elf and hoof it to their alliance area. And play out anything they wanted!!!
Seriously many folks would love to be a tauren alliance player......

I mean I wouldn't want to see this on my server but we all know RP realms are special and very different. This would be a 1000 times better solution then what the current folks are asking for. In truth it would allow anyone to play whatever they wanted.

Could put limits on it I'm sure as in NO raiding or dungeon runs......Or hell maybe they don't!!!
04/30/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Perpetuate
How about you try to convince Blizzard that RP realms need a toggle that would allow folks to be able to speak to anyone despite race or faction. INcluding the ability to be in opposing faction cities. Mind you they couldn't attack you and you can not attack them. Toggle which means if you aren't interested in this on a RP realm you don't have to see it either!

If this was a thing .....any alliance member could make a High elf and hoof it to their alliance area. And play out anything they wanted!!!
Seriously many folks would love to be a tauren alliance player......

I mean I wouldn't want to see this on my server but we all know RP realms are special and very different. This would be a 1000 times better solution then what the current folks are asking for. In truth it would allow anyone to play whatever they wanted.

Could put limits on it I'm sure as in NO raiding or dungeon runs......Or hell maybe they don't!!!

Would still mean that you were a Blood Elf. I understand what Ion's point is when he says "Blood Elves are High Elves", but the High Elves followed a separate path. If I was a Blood Elf in an Alliance area, I'd be a Blood Elf in an Alliance area, not a High Elf. I still chugged fel instead of enduring, I still chose my race over my friends, I exiled people who were no more guilty of studying a magic I don't like than I was -- etc.

Think when you roll a Worgen Death Knight. You HAVE to be a Worgen from Shadowfang Keep for that to work. That's why it's their story. Being a High Elf allied with the Alliance is intrinsically different than being a Blood Elf hanging out with the Alliance.