Ythisens PLEASE

Arenas
05/02/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Akkeron
so, waiting ptr, because beta key, 12 years and nothing.

posting in a thread that has a blue in it crying about not being in beta won't get you into beta.
05/02/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Gennarutó
Would this prepatch be a cause for concern if we're trying to get a couple more mage tower appearances for alts? Or will we be able to pursue these appearances till release day?

There's currently still plenty of time to do Mage Tower appearances. We usually send out a last chance warning as we get closer to the actual pre patch.

Holdonasecond.

Does this mean MT goes away at pre-patch??
<span class="truncated">...</span>
There's currently still plenty of time to do Mage Tower appearances. We usually send out a last chance warning as we get closer to the actual pre patch.

Holdonasecond.

Does this mean MT goes away at pre-patch??

The challenges do for the appearances.
05/02/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Vesira
How is pre-patch supposed to happen Soon(tm) when there are still significant class bugs still on the beta, some classes don't even feel halfway complete, and some classes are still missing talents?

Yeah... it's concerning given that pretty much a week or two as they moved into beta they said they had a lot of stuff coming but not much has actually changed from alpha.
05/02/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Felryn
05/02/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Akkeron
so, waiting ptr, because beta key, 12 years and nothing.

posting in a thread that has a blue in it crying about not being in beta won't get you into beta.

This is true. You need atleast 17,000 achievement points to get accepted into Beta.

I won't reveal my sources.
05/02/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Mortalflame
05/02/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Felryn

This is true. You need atleast 17,000 achievement points to get accepted into Beta.

Then I got jipped
05/02/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Zhulaa
05/02/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Mortalflame

Then I got jipped

In his defence, he did say "At least" =P
Would this prepatch be a cause for concern if we're trying to get a couple more mage tower appearances for alts? Or will we be able to pursue these appearances till release day?

[/quote]

On that Note is there a chance of Mage Tower having an Extended Opening before the Launch Event?
-14\36
05/02/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Ythisens

04/30/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Maxiqwarlock
Have u guys fixed all the mountains asmongold was climbing on Alpha?

You mean the mountains that he wasn't World First to climb?

I assume this means that we won't be able to obtain new artifact appearances once the prepatch goes live?

If that's true, then, given that you believe there's still plenty of time to get the Mage Tower appearances, how do you feel about the amount of time players have left to obtain the Prestige skins?

In my opinion, considering the lengthy time investment it takes to gain Prestige levels, players who have not already begun the process are unlikely to finish without dedicating large amounts of time to do so, especially on multiple characters. Having created many alts throughout this expansion, I was greatly discouraged from PvPing on them because it wouldn't progress my main's Prestige.

Comparatively, the primary bottlenecks for Mage Tower skins are gear and proper execution of mechanics, both of which may take significantly less time depending on the player's skill. Unfortunately, Prestige levels have no real shortcuts. There's a "best" way to go about getting honor on a day-to-day basis, but those honor gains aren't too different for players of vastly different skill ranges. Prestige simply takes a long time to achieve.

Is it possible that we may see some sort of Prestige catch-up mechanic before the prepatch launches? Since account-bound Prestige is already announced for BfA, would it be possible to see this feature introduced early? Or, if the logistical issues of that are too much to implement so shortly, would it be possible to see increased honor gains before the prepatch?
Let's agree that time is not a fixed construct.

And we always yearn for more time, not less.

But apparently you guys are dead set on removing the appearances, so it's not like our feedback even matters at all, does it?
04/30/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Maxiqwarlock
Have u guys fixed all the mountains asmongold was climbing on Alpha? If not I’m unsubbing

Yes and your absence will shake the very foundations of WoW.
05/03/2018 01:48 AMPosted by Gote
05/02/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Ythisens

You mean the mountains that he wasn't World First to climb?

I assume this means that we won't be able to obtain new artifact appearances once the prepatch goes live?

If that's true, then, given that you believe there's still plenty of time to get the Mage Tower appearances, how do you feel about the amount of time players have left to obtain the Prestige skins?

In my opinion, considering the lengthy time investment it takes to gain Prestige levels, players who have not already begun the process are unlikely to finish without dedicating large amounts of time to do so, especially on multiple characters. Having created many alts throughout this expansion, I was greatly discouraged from PvPing on them because it wouldn't progress my main's Prestige.

Comparatively, the primary bottlenecks for Mage Tower skins are gear and proper execution of mechanics, both of which may take significantly less time depending on the player's skill. Unfortunately, Prestige levels have no real shortcuts. There's a "best" way to go about getting honor on a day-to-day basis, but those honor gains aren't too different for players of vastly different skill ranges. Prestige simply takes a long time to achieve.

Is it possible that we may see some sort of Prestige catch-up mechanic before the prepatch launches? Since account-bound Prestige is already announced for BfA, would it be possible to see this feature introduced early? Or, if the logistical issues of that are too much to implement so shortly, would it be possible to see increased honor gains before the prepatch?

Plz don’t derail the not really railed thread. Lol

The only appearances unobtainable after legion will the initial mage tower skin and the level 15 keystone skin. Everything else will still be obtained as in legion. Meaning 5 total skins per weapon will be locked as you do need the initial mage tower skin to unlock the others. prestige skins will still be obtainable.

Prestige artifact appearances aren't going away and will still be obtainable.

The only appearances that will be no longer obtainable after Legion ends will be the Mage Tower appearances and the three other color variants within that row if you didn't already obtain the first one before the end of the expansion, since you need the first appearance to unlock the other three, and the +15 appearance.
05/03/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Ythisens

The only appearances that will be no longer obtainable after Legion ends will be the Mage Tower appearances and the three other skins within that row, since you need the first appearance to unlock the other three, and the +15 appearance.

If this is the case can we get the mage tower built 100% of the time?

The only appearances that will be no longer obtainable after Legion ends will be the Mage Tower appearances and the three other skins within that row, since you need the first appearance to unlock the other three, and the +15 appearance.

Do you mean appearance as in literal appearance? As in I will have my hidden artifact skin as a transmogable piece next xpack?

The only appearances that will be no longer obtainable after Legion ends will be the Mage Tower appearances as well as the three other skins within that row, since you need the first appearance to unlock the other three, and the +15 appearance.

If I have the base challenge appearance unlocked but not the other tints in that row, will I still be able to unlock the other tints for xmog after prepatch? Or do I have to have all the tints before prepatch in order to use them for xmog?

Oh. That's a relief.

Sorry if my question was misinformed, I've never heard about that anywhere before, and haven't seen it on Wowhead updates I've been checking.

Thank you, Ythisens!

So if you’ve completed the mage tower but have not won 10 rated battle grounds, that skin tint is going away?