Devtalk response on High Elves makes no sense

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 26 Next
04/30/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Zanther
Mag orcs come from an alternate reality, with their own unique timeline and civilization.

The only difference between the timelines is that Garrosh was never born, and obviously everything changed after WoD. Biologically they are identical to the other orcs sans fel tainted skin.

Reread the bolded part, and think about what you just said.
Mag orcs come from an alternate reality, with their own unique timeline and civilization.

Untrue. Mag'har orcs from Draenor Beta are the exact same dumb, mindless sheep as the orcs we currently have on Azeroth.

Except their Grom is even stupider than our version.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Are Draenor orcs just Azeroth orcs with different color skin?

They won't be adde....oh wait.

Guess what Timeline and civilization High Elves come from?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Silvermoon_City

Blood Elves are High Elves with different colored eyes, not the opposite

High Elves are Blood Elves.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blood_elf

Blood elves are, biologically and physiologically, high elves.[6] Courtesy of their exposure to fel magic (the practice of which spread in a similar fashion to the orcs' own exposure to the substance, tainting even those in its proximity who chose not to dabble in it), the eyes of the sin'dorei now produce an emerald glow. This is the high elven's body's natural reaction to spending time around fel magic.[35]

Okay Ion.

Go ahead and tell Varessa and the Silver Covenant, the ingame High Elves about your wikipedia links. I'm sure your compelling evidence will have them join the Horde right away.
04/30/2018 07:40 AMPosted by Gigabear

Are Draenor orcs just Azeroth orcs with different color skin?

They won't be adde....oh wait.

Blood Elves are High Elves with different colored eyes, not the opposite

Blood elves are, biologically and physiologically, high elves.[6] Courtesy of their exposure to fel magic (the practice of which spread in a similar fashion to the orcs' own exposure to the substance, tainting even those in its proximity who chose not to dabble in it), the eyes of the sin'dorei now produce an emerald glow. This is the high elven's body's natural reaction to spending time around fel magic.[35]

And Void Elves are High/Blood Elves.

Once more, all these players want are Elves that look like High Elves. Fair hair and skin, and not blue/purple.

Whether they are called High Elves or not doesn't matter.
04/30/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Zanther
Reread the bolded part, and think about what you just said.

If drinking the blood made em two different races, than the fel corruption of the blood elves made them and high elves two different races. That is the only biological difference between Mag'har orcs and the prime version.

And we also have Void Elves who got added, and the only difference is which magic those original high elves were corrupted by. If they can add void, they could have added Quel'dorei instead.
04/30/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Ouro
04/30/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Rahan
Are High Elves still Blood Elves with different colored eyes?

Yes?

Ok. They won't be added.

Blood Elves are High Elves with different colored eyes, not the opposite.

And yet the eye color had nothing to do with the name change.

And one is playable, and the other is not.

So. Still sounds like the point is not being addressed. Which I can see why. There is no way the point CAN be addressed if the High Elves want to stick to their "Lore Guns".

"But we can use a modified human model to make them look beefier!!!" -- Which would completely go against all Lore we know of High Elves.
04/30/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Kelrexia

Untrue. Mag'har orcs from Draenor Beta are the exact same dumb, mindless sheep as the orcs we currently have on Azeroth.

Except their Grom is even stupider than our version.

Just like Dark Iron? High Mountain? LightForged?

You mean the concept of allied races are a reskin????? With their own stories and civilizations?

You're right, we should get a reskin Blood Elf/Highelf.

We should call them, Void Elf

Because we already have High Elves. They're named Blood Elves.

The blood elves (or sin'dorei, "children of the blood" in Thalassian — pronounced [ˈsiːndɔraɪ], [siːnˈdɔraɪ] or [siːndɔreɪ]) are high elves who changed their name after the Scourge invasion of Quel'Thalas.

If drinking the blood made em two different races, than the fel corruption of the blood elves made them and high elves two different races. That is the only biological difference between Mag'har orcs and the prime version.

Except Mag orcs have their own story line attached. They are their own civilization.

Just like High Elves.

Ready?

The blood elves (or sin'dorei, "children of the blood" in Thalassian — pronounced [ˈsiːndɔraɪ], [siːnˈdɔraɪ] or [siːndɔreɪ]) are high elves who changed their name after the Scourge invasion of Quel'Thalas.

How can we add High Elves if we already have them?
04/30/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Zanther
How can we add High Elves if we already have them?

All these players want is the option for Void Elves, whatever you want to call them, to look like High Elves. Fair hair, skin. Not blue/purple.

I don't think anyone will care if they're called Void Elves or Tentacle Elves or Shadow Elves or Moon Elves, or Star Elves.
04/30/2018 07:52 AMPosted by Manzo

Once more, all these players want are Elves that look like High Elves. Fair hair and skin, and not blue/purple.

Actually it super does, but nice try fam.

Void Elves are Blood "High" Elves, not Alliance High Elves (Silver covenant, etc). They come from the Horde.

But hey, I guess I'm tired of trying to find reasons to broken arguments, I'll leave your thread alone.
04/30/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Ouro

Void Elves are Blood "High" Elves, not Alliance High Elves (Silver covenant, etc). They come from the Horde.

But hey, I guess I'm tired of trying to find reasons to broken arguments, I'll leave your thread alone.

Except Alliance High Elves are Horde Blood Elves.

Blood elves are, biologically and physiologically, high elves.[6]
04/30/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Zanther
Just like Dark Iron? High Mountain? LightForged?

You mean the concept of allied races are a reskin????? With their own stories and civilizations?

No, I said that the Draenor Beta Mag'har have the exact same civilization and story as the orcs we already have.

Because we already have High Elves. They're named Blood Elves.

I didn't mention elves at all. You're projecting so hard I could set you up in the park and screen movies.
04/30/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Zanther
Except Alliance High Elves are Horde Blood Elves.

Except for having vastly different moral values and blood elves being fel-corrupted you mean.
04/29/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Meemuu
That's like 997 more than there are high elves.
Silver Covenant is an Alliance-leaning faction of Dalaran High Elves and there's definitely more than three of them.

Not all High Elves became Blood Elves.
The allied races developer meeting went something like this...

Lightforged Draenei = regular Draenei with glowie tattoo = LES GOOOO!!!!

High elves = blood elves with blue eyes = OUT OF THE QUESTION! TOO SIMILAR!
You all DO realize this is just a video game right?
04/30/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Gigabear
The allied races developer meeting went something like this...

Lightforged Draenei = regular Draenei with glowie tattoo = LES GOOOO!!!!

High elves = blood elves with blue eyes = OUT OF THE QUESTION! TOO SIMILAR!

> Making up a race nobody had ever heard of nor wanted, rather than using that energy to modify a model for playable High Elves?
> PFFFFTTTTTTttttt We ain't got time for that....

lol
I am getting VERY concerned that Silver Covenant will be killed off in BFA early on. The Windrunner sisters are having a pow wow, and SOMEBODY is dead at the tree next to Sylvanas. If it's Vereesa, OMG, they better not do this after so many players made their voices heard.

It will be seen as a huge middle finger to pro-high elf players regardless of if it was always planned before this furor happened. Surely they wouldn't do something so catastrophically foolish!
04/30/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Gigabear
I am getting VERY concerned that Silver Covenant will be killed off in BFA early on. The Windrunner sisters are having a pow wow, and SOMEBODY is dead at the tree next to Sylvanas. If it's Vereesa, OMG, they better not do this after so many players made their voices heard.

It will be seen as a huge middle finger to pro-high elf players regardless of if it was always planned before this furor happened. Surely they wouldn't do something so catastrophically foolish!
Ion does strike me as the kind of person who doesn't react well to criticism, so he may be furiously writing it to be as such.

I think at that point it would be safe to say he has a deranged hatred for the idea that defies all sense. Also it would change nothing...

Void Elves were invented from nothing with a racial leader Umbric whom NOBODY had heard of. Survivors can be justified easily.
04/30/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Gigabear
I am getting VERY concerned that Silver Covenant will be killed off in BFA early on.

The funniest thing is, even if they do it, they're not going to silence complaints. Their story with the Mag'har is establishing that we can just go to the next universe over and get more of any race we want.

At this juncture I wouldn't be surprised if Ion told Alex to kill off Vereesa and/or High Elves out of spite. Ignoring that, as mentioned, they've already shot themselves in the foot in that regard.