San'layn/Darkfallen

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
No. More. Elves. Christ I swear, as soon as you people get a "no" on one elf you move to another.
Yeah, I realize the irony of posting this on my belf, but I don't feel like swapping the character for one comment.
We're a different group, thank you. But the sentiment is interesting. We've been here now for a bit.
1st - no more elves. Please, let a more original race come up in the game.
2nd - you do realize that this race was created to balance out the HE supporters as a way to balance HE being on the Alliance, the DE (dead elves?) would be in the horde. Now that HEs have been denied, introducing this race to the game makes no sense.

Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to this as a customization option, but Blizz has this weird idea where a race is considered 'allied' or different when it is the same race with some cosmetic changes. Being this the case, I really doubt this will ever be implemented.
No more elves. Seriously, of all the unique races in this game you can’t think of one non-Elf?
05/01/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Gorthraw
No more elves. Seriously, of all the unique races in this game you can’t think of one non-Elf?

Name one playable Vampire Race.
05/01/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Panoptes
1st - no more elves. Please, let a more original race come up in the game.
A majority of us supporters want this first. We don't expect San'layn to drop during BfA. Disagree with the sentiment that San'layn are unoriginal, though.

The other Allied Races need time to develop, newer non-elf Allied Races need to come out, and most importantly, the storyline needs to support it at the right time.

San'layn won't be feasible in my opinion until we revisit the Scourge storyline and Bolvar as a main focus. Which I'm willing to wait for.
05/01/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Drede
05/01/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Gorthraw

Name one playable Vampire Race.
It would make more sense as a spec/class than a race.
San'layn have been seen to be many different classes though. The allied race system calls for RACES, not entirely new classes.
I would racechange ALL my belf toons to sanlayn in a heartbeat.
05/01/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Fallynn
The allied race system calls for RACES, not entirely new classes.
It's not a system and I don't think they're looking for every conceivable race to be added to the game. I would like to see Jinyu added but I doubt it'll ever happen.
Well, they're asking for ideas, and these are ours :P
If they add a class, it'd be Blood Mage. But there's cases of Blood Mages in more than just San'layn.

The Bleeding Hollow Orc clan in WoD are arguably blood mages. I believe the Defias used Blood Mages in the Deadmines revamp as well?

Plus Blood Death Knights kind of already encompass the abilities.
Any reason for Darkfallen instead of generic Undead Elves/Dark Rangers? Not opposed to the former, I just think the latter would be easier for Blizz to implement/write a story for.
05/01/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Deannia
Any reason for Darkfallen instead of generic Undead Elves/Dark Rangers? Not opposed to the former, I just think the latter would be easier for Blizz to implement/write a story for.

I personally think it offers more in the theme and looks department. It gives them more of a personality.
Yeah they have separate lore than the forsaken. Undead elves would basically be just even Forsaken. Not opposed to that, but it'd be more of a customisation thing.
Discord link is fixed in original post, should be a non-expire.
If we ever get this I hope Blizzard does the vampire theme justice. I find to often that modern vampires may as well just be super-humans.
Oh this is still going?!
This makes me so happy!
I’m cool with this. Make Horde the home of
Orcs&Elves, while Alliance gets #fantasystuff and van hellsing stuff. Seems good.
05/01/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Fonik
If we ever get this I hope Blizzard does the vampire theme justice. I find to often that modern vampires may as well just be super-humans.

It's not going to happen.