San'layn/Darkfallen

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
Hopping in to add my support. I think this is a cool idea and I'd love to see your request get implemented!
05/01/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Enlighten

It's not going to happen.

Neither are High Elves since Blood Elves are getting blue eyes yet people are still throwing tantrums over it.
At least these people here are kind, respectful and reasonable about their request.
05/01/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Anillei
05/01/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Enlighten

It's not going to happen.

Neither are High Elves since Blood Elves are getting blue eyes yet people are still throwing tantrums over it.
At least these people here are kind, respectful and reasonable about their request.

What does any of that have to do with San'layn not happening?
05/01/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Anillei
Oh this is still going?!
This makes me so happy!

Definitely! I'm getting more support for it than I thought too.
05/01/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Fallynn
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Well, I'm not one of them. I personally think more options are better, be they more elves, humans, trolls, dwarves, and beast man races. I believe that all races should be given a chance. I tried out High Mountain Tauren (I didn't like them because they suffer from the same problem normal tauren have) and ended up deleting her. You have that option. It's sad that you aren't getting your Helves though, I saw some cool fan design ideas for them.

I don't think he wants High Elves, not entirely sure though. But yeah I feel for the High Elf people, I won't stop with my want for this race though since it's different.

The only reason why I supported High Elves being playable was because it was the logical choice for the Alliance after the Scumborne joined the Horde. And that's all I ever asked for out of playable races, classes, and race-class combos: logic.

Night Elves, Blood Elves, Scumborne, and High Elves were all represented in Suramar, and yet only the Benedict Arnold's were made playable along side the already playable Night Elves and Blood Elves. Void Elves were a shoe-horned race that made little sense, made worse by people's insistence that High Elves don't even exist anymore after we played an entire zone where High Elves were present. I don't care that High Elves and Blood Elves share the same model. High Elves made sense, Void Elves did not. And logic should never be disregarded over something as trivial as "faction identity" or not wanting to "blur" any lines. Those lines were already crossed.

As for San'layn's: Under no circumstances should they have access to Paladins. Paladins are considered Holy warriors for a reason and there is nothing holy about vampire elves and I'm tired of people trying to stretch what a Paladin is suppose to represent just to justify their inclusion into a race that doesn't mesh with the principles Paladins bring.

If anything, San'layn's would have access to the same classes Void Elves do. So that means no hero classes and no Paladins.

p.s. And that's not even getting into the fact that San'layn's are to Blood Death Knights as Void Elves are to Shadow Priests and as Lightforged Draenei are to Paladins. Playable races base concept should not be tied to an existing spec of a class. I want races to be able to stand on their own, without being tied to any specific type of magic.
05/01/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Anillei
Neither are High Elves since Blood Elves are getting blue eyes

1. This has nothing to do with the subject.

2. They're not.
GG guys, San'layn is joining Horde!
http://www.wowhead.com/news=284052/broadcast-text-for-26530-voljin-shandris-sanlayn-gallywix-mia-greymane-cant-hug-
05/01/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Dotbringer
GG guys, San'layn is joining Horde!
http://www.wowhead.com/news=284052/broadcast-text-for-26530-voljin-shandris-sanlayn-gallywix-mia-greymane-cant-hug-

I think they might be a mook race for sylvanas, but that just goes to show the cofidence i have in my faction at this point.
WE'RE RELEVANT! :D *flies into a wall*

San'layn lovers, look here if you want to chat with the bats!
https://discord.gg/r3Ckpb8
Cool, human vampyrs too please and thank you, also no light based classes, REALLY doesn't fit with the theme.
05/01/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Jordrend
Cool, human vampyrs too please and thank you, also no light based classes, REALLY doesn't fit with the theme.

I have no clue who is going to be counterpart to San'layn, but i can see Human Vampyres as one
05/01/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Fallynn
WE'RE RELEVANT! :D *flies into a wall*

I knew we could do it! Now to work on the other no brainer races!

05/01/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Dotbringer
I have no clue who is going to be counterpart to San'layn, but i can see Human Vampyres as one

*Grins*

High Elves.

They are just saving them until the very last moment so Horde has no time to complain.

>:D
05/01/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Jordrend

Eh there's forsaken priests though so I can see it possible for the San'layn! I personally would LOVE to see pally but I'm definitely not going to pester for that, I know there's too many adamantly against it.
Congratulations. I guess we are getting more elves.
05/01/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Panoptes
Congratulations. I guess we are getting more elves.

Yep, and I'll say it again--advocate for the race you want instead of being negative. You waste energy screaming 'no more elves' when you could be asking for races YOU want to see!
04/29/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Fallynn
Could San'layn be an Allied Race in Battle for Azeroth?

I think it's a long running request by Forsaken for non-human or at least updated models of some kind.

San'layn could make sense. I think Blood DK's might get a little mad, just like Shadow Priests did with Void Elves. However, San'layn would make sense joining the Horde.

I don't know the story of BFA, so I don't know if them joining up right now would make sense. That could change though. They might make a more proactive stance on the matter and get themselves involved in BFA - rather than players having to seek them out. In some pitched battle, they intervene, help the Horde win, and then pledge their loyalty to Sylvannas. In that scenario, they would make sense joining up right then.

On a side note - they are added - I would like Silver Covenant High Elves on the Alliance. Ideally in the same patch/release set (or in a very short time window around said release).
04/29/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Dotbringer
As for recruitment concept, I think Blood Princes looking for aid of Horde to survive and joining would make sense as Blood Prince Dereven seemed like he was being chased by Alliance.

Rokhan: Sylvanas wants ta give 'em a chance. Dey got no home left. If dey can work with us, den dey got a home with da Horde. If not, dey be gone.

I feel like i was pretty spot-on :D
They see San'layn... they hatin'.... Patrollin' they try to catch me ridin' bloody...

But seriously thanks for the support guys, I hope you all get the Allied Races you want as well :)
05/01/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Reallyhappy
I think they might be a mook race for sylvanas, but that just goes to show the cofidence i have in my faction at this point.

The fact Talanji is wary of them says everything. Maybe they´re gonna be the canon fodder mobs in the apparently inevitable Sylvanas´s Raid? (Garrosh had Orcs... Sylvie must have undead elves I suppose...)
We're still going to be getting people getting us flack, but I don't care at this point, because I knew I'd get a huge flow of trolls anyway by advocating this.