How did the High Elf topic get crazy?

General Discussion
11 years ago, I don't think anyone had a problem with the Blood Elves (renamed from High Elves) joining the Horde and Night Elves were main stays for the Alliance. Also there were not as many High Elves who chose not to go with Kael'thas (or couldn't) that were on the side of the Alliance to make a race out of. Now with everything that has happened this past decade the lore, fandom and the game 11 years later the case for High Elf Alliance is stronger than it ever was before, especially with the topic of allied races in Battle for Azeroth.

I get what Blizzard is trying to say, that Blood Elves are High Elves (the originals) in terms of race and appearance and are technically the same... I just think it could have been address or said better, you know not the way Ian put it: "we do have High Elves, they’re on Horde, FU Alliance." (okay that’s not exactly how he said it).

I could go on about how both sides (Blizzard and the Fans) are both right and wrong in detail and I don't even believe I have an answer to all this. The game is Blizzards creation and they can add anything they want, despite retconning events in the universe and being Horde Bias which I don't buy into said bias because there is a love for this game to give a great deal of effort to making this game loved by millions.

And nowhere is it more shown than with the fans and the fans do have a love for this game. The lore, the game and for some the roleplaying elements... and I get why a great number feel a bit betrayed. How would you guys feel if one faction got 3 races that felt like they had a bigger impact, were build up with TLC, and sent a great deal of time with them and other side got 3 races that felt more like customize options and an poorly thought out promotion for the next expansion than the civilizations the other 3 races were?

I know I'm not going to convince anyone or make headway on this topic but to give my two cents, I believe there is a middle road for both sides. I know there was a video some dude made and they admit Alliance High Elves were likely not going to happen (but they made the video saying how they could be) but I wanted to end this topic by giving an idea to how Alliance High Elves could be possible.

How I see it if the Blood Elves originated from the original High Elves, and Void Elves were formally Blood Elves (the ones we play and Horde defectors as far as we know) and each of they’re appearance is altered by the magic they use and the surroundings and terms of they’re environment. So here’s my question: what can the Blood Elves and the Void Elves not be and not have? And what would make the Alliance High Elves unique? I believe the answers lie in customizing and being creative racial talents. Blood Elves can’t have darker skin without a red hew and Void Elves can’t have any other color skin without a blue hew (oh I now see what you did there Blizzard), and if High Elves have ben living in the Alliance areas with the other races wouldn’t that yelled some changes in they’re appearance (like a legit tan without any red) and gained skills that would separate them from the other Elves. You could call them Alli’Dorei and no one would complain so long as players have the option to have a character that passes for the High Elves they wanted.

Well that’s my two cents on the matter, granted Alliance High Elves has a high chance of never happening but its fun to believe it can. What are your thoughts on this?
This has obviously weighed heavily on your mind. Let it out big guy, let it all out!
Because people don't know how to respond to an existing massive thread.

People for and against it just create their own and those threads nominally take off on the front page because people can't just express their opinion in one place they have to vomit it across the forum.
No more talk of elves.
Because people on both sides take the question of whether or not particular pixels are available to one faction -- in a game that's already had the concept of faction identity thoroughly destroyed -- personally.
I think it's that neither "side" feels able to communicate with the other. Mostly because any individual they talk to might have differing opinions and wants than the last, instead of pro or anti being a massive group.

So everyone makes threads to clarify, leading to new people making the same argument and further confusion.

And then Ion weighs in with a tactless comment (go horde), a open-ended no (not now...), and a rebuttal of an argument almost no one was making (high elves identical to the NPCs in game, even though NPCs of a race that becomes a playable character usually MYSTERIOUSLY suddenly get a lot more detail and distinctiveness to distinguish them).
It only got crazy cause people with a huge sense of entitlement decided to throw a tantrum and try to censor everything and everyone that don't appease their twisted little idea of what the word 'No' really means. Sure Ion could have been a little more tactful about it but I would be impatient with a question like that too if I had children screaming in my ear for a literal copy paste of another race that has exactly zero differences from another. So I get where he came from with his tone.
It's pretty simple. After the recent director interview folks that were angry about the high elf issue came to the forums to vent, vociferously. They were teased. And because of that, they became more upset and began spamming the forums ad nauseum. We're now stuck in a cycle of ever escalating anger. Where it ends, no one knows. Sit back and enjoy ride.
05/01/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Irisheyes
No more talk of elves.

That is correct, they really should stop this bullying.
Ion made a lot of ignorant comments to dismiss them.

If he had just said "No we don't plan on making them playable." I doubt it would have blown up as big as it did.

Instead he pretty much told us the Silver Covenant doesn't exist, that there are less High Elves than Void Elves (which makes zero sense), and told alliance who want to play a light skinned elf to roll Horde.
I feel its because the devs are not addressing the arguments people are making. Too small amount? What about Alleria's crack SQUAD of Void elves? Mess with faction recognition? Pandaren would like a word. Too visually similar to blood elves? There are customization's that are only available to high elf NPCs. Also there are other customization options that could be added such as ranger tattoos like Alleria has. The Devs have just basically shrugged at the High Elf people and walked away.
Because Blizzard opened Pandora's box with allied races, and now people want to play anything with 2 arms and 2 legs irregardless of whether or not it actually makes sense from a story or game play perspective.
“How did all this talk of high elves get so crazy?” *proceeds to write a novel crying about High Elves.
Omegalul -Asmongold
the topic didn't get crazy, the people that got crazy were the HElf advocates that were told "NO."
Lets see...

Only Horde get Allied Races they were requesting.
Only Horde get complete new Mount Models in BFA.
Only Horde get polished quest lines.
Only Horde get New Structure/Buildings Assets.
Only Horde get more Customization for Core Races.
Only Horde get Strong Racials.

Only Horde matters for Blizzard! If you're envy about it, dont worry:

"The Horde is there for you!" - Ion Hordekkostas
05/01/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Jehanne
Because Blizzard opened Pandora's box with allied races, and now people want to play anything with 2 arms and 2 legs irregardless of whether or not it actually makes sense from a story or game play perspective.

lol, THIS!!!^^^
05/01/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Anillei
It only got crazy cause people with a huge sense of entitlement decided to throw a tantrum and try to censor everything and everyone that don't appease their twisted little idea of what the word 'No' really means. Sure Ion could have been a little more tactful about it but I would be impatient with a question like that too if I had children screaming in my ear for a literal copy paste of another race that has exactly zero differences from another. So I get where he came from with his tone.

This.
My thoughts are that we don’t need another new topic on this subject when there are already about 5 that are active on the forums.
Indiscriminate finger-pointing and hypocritical assignation of blame to only the opposing viewpoint is also to blame. Case in point:

05/01/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Anillei
It only got crazy cause people with a huge sense of entitlement decided to throw a tantrum and try to censor everything and everyone that don't appease their twisted little idea of what the word 'No' really means

05/01/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Mooñeca
the topic didn't get crazy, the people that got crazy were the HElf advocates that were told "NO."
Most of the topics actually came from people that do not wanted Alliance High Elfs.