How did the High Elf topic get crazy?

General Discussion
I remember there definitely being alliance players going 'WTF' (and even horde players who didn't want pretty elves on their faction) when the announcement of horde blood elves was made. Not saying that's everyone though.

The reason the 'high elves on alliance' thing got so big however was the fact blizzard WILL NOT STOP THROWING THEM AT US AS NPCS. Allerian Stronghold, then the Silver Covenant that had a bigger role in Wrath/MoP than some alliance playable races did, and then they showed up in legion again for suramar.

If blizzard had just said 'okay Thalnassian elves are on the horde now' and not kept giving high elves disproportionately high screen time for what they consider to be a scattered and dying people, I doubt the call for high elves would have gotten as loud.
05/02/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Tannyya

You were told no, accept it and move on. For the entirety of this games history they have not been playable, wasn't an issue back then, it shouldn't be one now, nothing has changed.

Like Death Knights, or Demon Hunters. Like Goblins and Nightborne. For the entire history of the game, those weren't playable — until they were. But along the way, even after being told "no", players continued to express interest in them. It's quite literally the only tool they have to show the developers that they want to experience those fantasies. Something like High Elf is no different. A (seemingly) sizable portion of players feel that now more than ever it's a possibility with the introduction of allied races. It's literally the best time for them to continue to express interest in it.

If you don't personally like it, and I can understand why you might not, that's fine too. But there's no reason to disparage another's push for it.

Name one Alliance racial better then Beserking. Do it, go right ahead.

You mean, when sorting unique racials on a ladder, one has to be at the top?

HORDE FAVORITISM!!!!!!!!!11

Also, EMFH is still the best pvp racial, despite the nerf.

/rekt?

How is EMFH better than an AOE dispel that can be used as a melee class?
I wish my life was so simple that a significant portion of my mind was concerned with racial options in a 15-year old MMO.
05/02/2018 06:38 AMPosted by Xathsmash

/rekt?

How is EMFH better than an AOE dispel that can be used as a melee class?

Because buffs dont prevent my healer from doing stuff.

Name one Alliance racial better then Beserking. Do it, go right ahead.

/rekt?

So where are the buffs for Alliances racials that are all at the bottom then? Why only buff an already powerful Horde racial?

And what does a PvP racial help me if I want to play PvE only?
05/02/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Rhoxie
05/02/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Tannyya

You were told no, accept it and move on. For the entirety of this games history they have not been playable, wasn't an issue back then, it shouldn't be one now, nothing has changed.

Like Death Knights, or Demon Hunters. Like Goblins and Nightborne. For the entire history of the game, those weren't playable — until they were. But along the way, even after being told "no", players continued to express interest in them. It's quite literally the only tool they have to show the developers that they want to experience those fantasies. Something like High Elf is no different. A (seemingly) sizable portion of players feel that now more than ever it's a possibility with the introduction of allied races. It's literally the best time for them to continue to express interest in it.

If you don't personally like it, and I can understand why you might not, that's fine too. But there's no reason to disparage another's push for it.

I agree for persistence is one of our biggest aces in the whole when wanting something from the developers. While were on the topic of "players wanting things" its not just Alliance players that want a race that looks like another race on another faction, on Horde, players want to be a zombie of a different race without being a Death Knight.
05/02/2018 07:06 AMPosted by Krothare

/rekt?

So where are the buffs for Alliances racials that are all at the bottom then? Why only buff an already powerful Horde racial?

And what does a PvP racial help me if I want to play PvE only?

They buffed 1 Racial

HORDE FAVORITISM!!!!1111
05/01/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Kuuretar
1) Blizzard features Silver Covenant high elves and surviving Windrunner sisters prominently in Legion.

2) Blizzard annouces allied races, which seemed designed to give us minor variants of existing races.

3) Blizzards sends Ion out to diplomatically tell folks "no" on Alliance high elves. He proceeds to be anything but diplomatic, and doesn't quite give a firm no.

Hey everyone! We are asking everyone to focus High Elf discussion in this thread here to keep things neat and tidy: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20763516215?page=1

Thank you!
Forum Moderators