Alliance High Elves Should be a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 104 105 106 126 Next
05/11/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Reimora

As for Kul Tirans...Kul Tirassans? Not sure what the plural of that is. Anyway, this is the naval/sea/island expansion. Kul'Tiras makes perfect sense, as does making a human allied race based on Kul Tiras for us to recruit to mirror zandalari. It fits naturally into the narrative of the expansion as a payoff for finally earning the trust of Kul Tiras and bringing them back into the Alliance. They've also historically been the dominant naval power in azeroth, which is better than making up some sea faring vrykul out of nowhere as the main alliance faction to recruit.

What do Vrykul have to offer narratively compared to Kul tiras? Not much in this context. I wouldn't mind them as an allied race but doing something like this with Kul Tiras makes sense.

As to why not all of them have the 'big' model, simple. Not everyone in Kul Tiras uses that model. Some of the npcs there use it, some don't. There are also skinny kul tirans though probably not going to be playable. We've never explored Kul'tiras in detail before, so I don't have an issue with this being new to the lore.

Why do they have wicker druids, I don't know the lore of them yet, but gameplay wise same reason worgne had harvest witches.

So you don't find it strange most of the Alliance allied races are almost completely made up on the spot, while every Horde race already has an entire questline, zones and in some cases raids, already devoted to them? It's just all co-incidence then?
Highmountain and Lightforged: Groups we interacted with in Legion.

Void elves and Nightborne: I'll give you this, void elves are new even if the race they're spun off from is well established in the lore.

Dark Irons and Mag'har: Both groups that already existed in the lore. Dark irons have existed since vanilla and tied to the alliance sine Cata. The mag'har that are becoming playable date back to WOD via time travel shennanigans.

Zandalari and Kul'tiran: Kul'tirans predate Zandalari in the lore, Zandalari introduced in vanilla and kul tirans in WC 2. Yes, giving them a new body type is new, but I see it as expanding a group that's been around since WC 2 rather than a completely new thing like void elves.

The only allied race I really see as an issue of coming from nowhere is void elves. For Kul'tirans, many people keep suggesting that high elves get a different body build out of nowhere as a reason to make them look different from blood elves, yet it's a problem when they do the same with Kul Tirans?
05/11/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Wryndox
I can't wait to see the Q&A at BlizzCon this year after "The Horde is waiting for you..." comments, especially if High Elves aren't announced by then, which I'm guessing they won't be.

I feel like T-Shirts with "The Horde is Waiting For You" with a picture of a Blood Elf on it are going to be a hot seller this year.
Highmountain and Lightforged: Groups we interacted with in Legion.

Zandalari and Kul'tiran: Kul'tirans predate Zandalari in the lore, Zandalari introduced in vanilla and kul tirans in WC 2. Yes, giving them a new body type is new, but I see it as expanding a group that's been around since WC 2

Highmountain we interacted with. The zone questline of, saving their city from the Drogbar. The dungeon quest, the secret dragon Tauren. Lightforged interactions, what are they? We see them fighting the Legion. Until they were revealed as a race they were just Draenei of the Army of the Light.

Kul Tirans are just humans who were a nation of sailors, the guards of Theramore, the settlers of Tol barad, Jaina, how is that a new race? How do they have druid and rumored shamanistic powers? Why don't humans have these powers? No one I've asked in the beta has told me there is even a story about it.

They just sound all like last minute decisions to me, afterthoughts, like most of the Alliance. Apparently I hear the zones themselves in BfA are beautiful though, so I guess you got that.
By that logic the HIghmountain were just another group of Tauren we interacted with. And Nightborne just another group of night elves. Lightforged have their own look and characters. Sure we didn't get to spend as much time with them as the Highmountian but if they're just different draenei you can say the HM are just different tauren.

Because now that Kul'tiras is getting the spotlight they're getting fleshed out. There was no indication that Gilneans had druids before. There was no indication that Highmountain tauren or the NIghtborne were a thing before we went to the Broken Isles. Kul Tiras, both its culture and landscape, are being fleshed out and expanded now that they're in the spotlight. Before we didn't really know much about Kul'tiras other than it's where the Proudmoores are from and they had a great navy.

The tide priests and wicker druids are things we haven't seen because their culture has never been explored before. They didn't have a unique model before because they didn't need one. Similar to all elves in vanilla using the night elf model, only adding in a blood/high elf model in BC when they needed it. I don't have a problem with Kul'tirans because blizzard is expanding and developing their lore where before they didn't have much to go on. Did the Zandalari in Vanilla look like they do now? Probably not. That all came later when they came more into focus.
high elf = Alliance
05/11/2018 07:49 AMPosted by Kauryn
I feel like T-Shirts with "The Horde is Waiting For You" with a picture of a Blood Elf on it are going to be a hot seller this year.

Everyone should wear a T-Shirt with the Warcraft 2 High Elf symbol on it.

That way if they don't know what is they have to look up their own lore!
Given Ion's explanation I think it's safe to say he'd have to look it up.
Another early morning for me before work, catching up on all the posts, Ion has gone back/changed his mind on a lot that he has said so hopefully High Elves is one of those things too.

I remember when we first met the HighMountain Tauren and people said “I wanna play them” and they said they too similar to Tauren and bam... Allied Race made them playable..

Literally after everything they’ve said, population, similarities, neutral races honestly they have ZERO Arguement now, and that’s why their only defence is play Horde, cause they know they’ll be eating their words if they say anything else..
05/11/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Elroskro
high elf = Alliance

You’re already playing one. Enjoy.
05/11/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Pocketbuster
Until they were revealed as a race they were just Draenei of the Army of the Light.

We should remember how the Army of the Light turned out to be a big disappointment too.

When this army was introduced for the first time, Xe'ra says that the survivors of the worlds that Sargeras' crusade has destroyed united against the Legion, making the Army of the Light.

And I was like: "Omg! This is so cool. This is how we're going to defeat the Legion. We have this big army with thousands of alien races from thousands of destroyed worlds on our side."

And in the end the whole army was only a bunch of shiny Draenei. So, yeah, everything Alliance got feels forced and unfinished.
05/11/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Azsula
05/11/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Pocketbuster
Until they were revealed as a race they were just Draenei of the Army of the Light.

We should remember how the Army of the Light turned out to be a big disappointment too.

When this army was introduced for the first time, Xe'ra says that the survivors of the worlds that Sargeras' crusade has destroyed united against the Legion, making the Army of the Light.

And I was like: "Omg! This is so cool. This is how we're going to defeat the Legion. We have this big army with thousands of alien races from thousands of destroyed worlds on our side."

And in the end the whole army was only a bunch of shiny Draenei. So, yeah, everything Alliance got feels forced and unfinished.

I think so too, the Army was supposed to be enormous with lots of different races and survivors, and suddenly the only 2 that are not draenei are turalyon, alleria and the token demon lothraxion
We should have High Elves as an Alliance playable race.
They can be made different enough.
Yes they are Blood Elves but Void Elves are also Blood Elves.

So many bad excuses for what reason remains perplexing.

Its about time blizzard!
05/11/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Azshune
05/11/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Azsula

I think so too, the Army was supposed to be enormous with lots of different races and survivors, and suddenly the only 2 that are not draenei are turalyon, alleria and the token demon lothraxion

Yeah it was weird. Part of me hopes there are other parts of the army of the light out in the cosmos, maybe tying in with the 'dark side' of the light if you'll excuse the pun we saw in Xera and the mag'har story playing into things, and that the Xenedar wasn't the be all end all of it, but if this is it it's a bit of a letdown there aren't more races involved.

Kul Tirans though I don't have an issue with. Sure, the big models didn't exist pre BFA. But yo know what didn't exist pre Legion? Nightborne, Highmountain or Lightforged. And while I can see the complaints with void elves, Kul Tirans are going to get three zones worth of development before we actually get them playable, putting them easily on par IMO with any of the other allied races in terms of getting to know them before they're made playable.
05/11/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Drede
05/11/2018 07:49 AMPosted by Kauryn

High Elf Crest (Blood Elf Recolor)

https://bit.ly/2G91UY1 (template)
https://bit.ly/2KepMMp (colored)

If you I was serious about it I'd have a community art contest for a redesign. Have a community vote on the different ideas, rubber stamp it, then take it to a printer. You can crowd source/fund these things relatively easy if you have the community interest.

This would then become a fan symbol forever memed into Blizzard's memory banks.
REMOVE
ELF
05/11/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Wyspers
05/11/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Drede

High Elf Crest (Blood Elf Recolor)

https://bit.ly/2G91UY1 (template)
https://bit.ly/2KepMMp (colored)

If you I was serious about it I'd have a community art contest for a redesign. Have a community vote on the different ideas, rubber stamp it, then take it to a printer. You can crowd source/fund these things relatively easy if you have the community interest.

This would then become a fan symbol forever memed into Blizzard's memory banks.

That would imply giving them money to go to blizzcon I have better things to spend money on then a company that obviously doesn't care about half it's user base.
horde, BE , NB, San'layn = 3 elves

alliance NE , VE = 2 elves

have to have balance of elves to maintain balanced populations