Alliance High Elves Should be a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 126 Next
It is done!
05/01/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Aengeal
05/01/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Eilykin
I encourage anyone who doesn't understand why we are upset by Ion's answer to please read the OP.

I think most people understand. People are upset because they spent so long in a discussion echo chamber and dismissed any dissenting opinions as trolls or people that just don't want them to be happy, then Ion and Blizzard did not give them what they want. It wasn't a rude response, it wasn't arrogant. He apologized for being unable to put something in that he knows you wanted, and he gave you reasons. But because you didn't get your way, you'll throw him in with all those other people who must just have wanted to be mean to you (because how could ANYONE actually disagree, right?) and try to lawyer out some sort of way his very reasonable stated reasons should not be considered.

Fair enough, that is your opinion and I wont argue that. But in my opinion, Ion was very Ill informed and arrogant in his response. That's my opinion and I believe many people here share it.
05/01/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Salyena
05/01/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Pontifice
CONCLUSION:
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IN THE FUTURE

The final words of this response are perhaps the most legitimate. Anything is Possible in the Future. High Elves are possible in the future. Well, they should be more than a possibility. They should be guaranteed. The Horde has no right to monopolize a specific aesthetic anymore than the Alliance does, and the fact this was alluded to as an acceptable answer to the matter is nothing short of ludicrous.

At this point, with how desperate you guys want high elves and with how little anyone seems to care about faction distinctions, the horde might as well get alliance's most popular race model, humans, in exchange for high elves(blood elves), horde's most popular race model.

Just have blizz make up some excuse that a group of alterac humans are secretly alive and want to join the horde again to oppose the alliance or some bs. Because at this point, it seems high elf supporters truly want gameplay to overtake w/e rational is left of blizzards lore, so might as well give the horde an equivalent exchange.
Lol, we were literally just discussing this on the Helf discord. Consensus? Yeah, that's an awesome idea, get to it Blizz.
05/01/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Ariannas
I remember when people would get mocked and ridiculed and told to stop when people posted about Vanilla servers and flying too.

Heh.

Dude you're comparing apples with a t-bone steak.

I'll repeat myself here. High Elves are LITERALLY blue eyed blood elves.

Flying was a feature of WoW since TBC. Vanilla Servers are whole new servers to appease toe masochist that want to deal with 2 pieces of loot for 40 people.
Its gonna be so great in BFA when all the remaining Alliance Helfs rejoin the Horde Belfs
which is unlikely because when lor'themar tried to to bring them back into the fold, they threatened to decapitate him, also do you really think the blood elves will forget the purge
05/01/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Abendroth
I'll repeat myself here. High Elves are LITERALLY blue eyed blood elves.
and nightborne are literally upper class night elves.

05/01/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Abendroth
Flying was a feature of WoW since TBC. Vanilla Servers are whole new servers to appease toe masochist that want to deal with 2 pieces of loot for 40 people.
and both were nos before blizzard changed their mind like they often do
05/01/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Ralyrn
Why would the Horde burning down one of their ally's home make the high elves join the blood elves? They already hate the Horde and the belf with a burning passion, why would the Horde doing even worse things than they've done in the past change their mind?

Way off,

Sylvanas & Vereesa will lead the Unseen Path to see what is going on at Teldrassil. Finding it corrupted. The Unseen Path will split with the Sentinels not wanting to fight against their own even if the have been corrupted. Sentinels will attempt to kill Sylvanas but killing Vereesa by mistake as she pushed Sylvanas out of the way. Silver Covenant will side with the Sylvanas and the Dark Rangers out of anger of Vereesa death. Some coming back later as new Dark Rangers some rejoining the Horde Helfs.
05/01/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Withpuppys
Its gonna be so great in BFA when all the remaining Alliance Helfs rejoin the Horde Belfs
which is unlikely because when lor'themar tried to to bring them back into the fold, they threatened to decapitate him, also do you really think the blood elves will forget the purge

Holy cow, are you forgetting something?

THEY WERE BLOOD ELVES!

And the Alliance was just like "Well, you were BLOOD ELVES and you were TRYING TO KILL US FOR MANY YEARS... But now that you're Blueberry Elves... we'll forgive you ;]

How does that make sense at all?

05/01/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Brænnuð
05/01/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Input
Its gonna be so great in BFA when all the remaining Alliance Helfs rejoin the Horde Helfs except for the few who die and become Dark Rangers. Due to whats going to happen at teldrassil. Tis why they wont be a playable race.

At this point, if were Ion and friends? As a response to the nasty bashing these people have given him, I actually would give the Horde High Elves. New racials, start zone... the works. That would be my personal middle finger for the unreasonable and petty hatred they've spewed.

I'd love to see the sub counter drop, I'd laugh.

If ALL the alliance switched to Belf/Helf for Horde, that would leave what? 10-20% Alliance vs 90-80% Horde? No way, I like my High elf as is!

Well that was one group that later went crazy in cata due to those artifacta in the plaguenlands. I don't see vereesa ot alleria swapping sides thoufh.

blizz can write it however they want. which has been the sticky point for me about all this. they could have written alliance high elves in, written in a reason why they aren't identical, changed the models, made them not as pretty by making even prettier belf models, and problem solved, but they just dont want to. the alliance is just here to pay subs so the horde can keep playing.
05/01/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Salyena
Just have blizz make up some excuse that a group of alterac humans are secretly alive and want to join the horde again to oppose the alliance or some bs.

I realize you were trying to be facetious here, but no joke, this is genuinely a thing I want and would be all for it.
<span class="truncated">...</span>which is unlikely because when lor'themar tried to to bring them back into the fold, they threatened to decapitate him, also do you really think the blood elves will forget the purge

blizz can write it however they want. which has been the sticky point for me about all this. they could have written alliance high elves in, written in a reason why they aren't identical, changed the models, made them not as pretty, and problem solved, but they just dont want to. the alliance is just here to pay subs so the horde can keep playing.

They don't want to include naga or ogres or vrykuls or etherals as races even though people have asked for them for years too. It's not all about you, sunshine.
100% Approved and Signed

05/01/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Dliver
Omg stop.

Never. We are not going to be forced into doing what you want.

It was pretty apparent that this was a Pro-High Elf thread. No one forced you to open it up. If you are that triggered, there are plenty of other topics in the forums to go play in.
I support High Elves as a playable Alliance Allied Race.
05/01/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Input
05/01/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Ralyrn
Why would the Horde burning down one of their ally's home make the high elves join the blood elves? They already hate the Horde and the belf with a burning passion, why would the Horde doing even worse things than they've done in the past change their mind?

Way off,

Sylvanas & Vereesa will lead the Unseen Path to see what is going on at Teldrassil. Finding it corrupted. The Unseen Path will split with the Sentinels not wanting to fight against their own even if the have been corrupted. Sentinels will attempt to kill Sylvanas but killing Vereesa by mistake as she pushed Sylvanas out of the way. Silver Covenant will side with the Sylvanas and the Dark Rangers out of anger of Vereesa death. Some coming back later as new Dark Rangers some rejoining the Horde Helfs.
Wow, and you guys accuse US of coming up with fan fiction. Literally non of that makes sense. As someone who loves wiki's as much as you do, Input, I'd expect you to know that.