Alliance High Elves Should be a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 35 36 37 126 Next
05/03/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Leberus
You wanted an aswer, they said NO, so it IS spam. Reported.

You have noticed what page you are posting on right? You have noticed that blizzard is specifically directing posters to post in this thread right? Or are you to busy going rareaarwagh da horde is da bestest to notice that?
05/03/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Faelael
05/03/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Faerondil
Blizzard is so blind and such hypocrites on this issue. The High Elf vs Blood Elf rivalry is so compelling that is has been used as a plot device in some patch or the other in almost every expansion starting with Wrath of the Lich King.

And that's part of the issue. That's the only 'identity' high elves have really had in WoW, butting heads with blood elves. The only plot thread explored with them. Do you want high elves to be added only to serve as foils for blood elves without their own identity?

Most of us feel like the bread and butter of high elves should start with the Highvale. They have the potential to create a very interesting plot. They gave up magic, they're neighbors to the Draenei and Dwarves (both shamanistic races) which could make shaman a possibility for a class.

Also, the fact that the high elven clans each have their own leaders is even better. Allerian Stronghold, Quel'danil Lodge, and the Silver Covenant could all have their own themes, we just need the extra effort put into them!
05/03/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Xathsmash
05/03/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Leberus
You wanted an aswer, they said NO, so it IS spam. Reported.

You have noticed what page you are posting on right? You have noticed that blizzard is specifically directing posters to post in this thread right? Or are you to busy going rareaarwagh da horde is da bestest to notice that?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Sisyphus

You are the definition and don’t know it.
05/03/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Absalom
35 pages of nonsense directed to a discussion that won’t happen. Talk about being Sisyphus. You all are Sisyphus and blizzard are the Greek gods sending you to Tartarus. Easily the best visual definition of Sisyphean.

We appreciate your concern but even if it is wasted, it is our time and effort to waste.
05/03/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Absalom
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Did you just learn a new term in your intro to philosophy class? I'm really proud of you but you should know how to apply it before you use it constantly.
05/03/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Xathsmash

Ancient Greek busy work, lol!
Personally, I'd rather not have another elf race. We have four and I think that's enough.
05/03/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Jellaaraa
We appreciate your concern but even if it is wasted, it is our time and effort to waste.

Agreed,

05/03/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Naele
Personally, I'd rather not have another elf race. We have four and I think that's enough.

A fine enough sentiment, and if Blizzard had actually simply stated this as a reason behind not adding High Elves for now (again still leaving open the possibility for the future), there wouldn't have been as much uproar over the last Q&A (on that particular part - obviously the last Q&A had a lot of other tidbits that upset players as well).

On the flip side - to address the sentiment - whether or not you want to play that race or want to see it, if there are enough other players who do, and the inclusion of that race doesn't affect you, then what's the issue? There is no cap on how many allied races we're getting (maybe in an expansion or a patch cycle, but not overall in the long run). If it makes sense with the story and established lore, why not?

05/03/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Daenirr
Most of us feel like the bread and butter of high elves should start with the Highvale. They have the potential to create a very interesting plot. They gave up magic, they're neighbors to the Draenei and Dwarves (both shamanistic races) which could make shaman a possibility for a class.

Also, the fact that the high elven clans each have their own leaders is even better. Allerian Stronghold, Quel'danil Lodge, and the Silver Covenant could all have their own themes, we just need the extra effort put into them!

Not sure most pro High Elf supporters feel that way (although if Blizzard happened to go that way, I think I am safe to assume vast majority of pro-High Elf people would still be very happy). There's a lot of citations for Silver Covenant (and they are the most notable given their past presence).

Regardless of that - one of the counter arguments AGAINST high elves is actually this fractured leadership you mention. And the lack of front and center high elf characters (beyond Vareesa...typically Alleria is considered a void elf now). Granted this could also apply to Void Elves, but at least they are united under one person. The fact that the remaining high elves are so fractured is something that maybe should be addressed when high elves are introduced. Either give Vareesa a kick to get motivated beyond just Silver Covenant and lead her people (taking after both her sisters' examples) or find someone who will.

In my opinion - I would be happy with the clan-based approach you mention or having a more centralized one. Just so long as high elves are included.
I honestly think Blizzard are planning on High Elves being an allied race and Ion is just trolling everyone, because he likes to do that. After all, they did add more High Elf NPCs in 7.3.5. Tyrande will likely be the emissary for High Elves while Nathanos will likely be the emissary for San’layn, and the Alliance/Horde elf balance will be maintained. Remember, datamined stuff revealed that at least a few San’layn will be working for the Horde in BfA. This doesn’t mean for certain they will be an Allied Race, but it does make it more likely.

Personally, I would not be furious if either of them do not become allied races, but I would gladly play as both of them if I am correct and they do.
05/03/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Xathsmash

Did you just learn a new term in your intro to philosophy class? I'm really proud of you but you should how to apply it before your use it constantly.

When you keep doing the insane over and over it must be pointed out. But I shall leave you to your useless endeavor.

Did you just learn a new term in your intro to philosophy class? I'm really proud of you but you should how to apply it before your use it constantly.

Lmao I was just thinking that.
Ok, while I don't have a burning desire to play a high elf , I am at a loss as to why Vareesa would not start gathering her people to the alliance. I am talking about the 10% of Quel'Thalos that rejected becoming blood elves. Their population would be even higher than the smaller fraction of exiles that would become void elves.

I mean it's even lore that a portion of the high elves retained their loyalty to the alliance and rejected the secession of the soon to be bloodelves.

If there would be a defining aspect of High Elves then it would be loyalty and honor again breaking a pledge. I mean they did choose honor over family at one point.
I have no problem with alliance getting high elves as long as blizzard uses a different model than the Belf model. Perhaps use the night elf model with pale skin and blue eyes. I mean if it’s not about just playing an alliance clone of a Belf, then you alliance players won’t mind right?
There is no reason to say no to more content.
high elves is an excuse to add more content, that means new racials, that means more choices
Gameplay wise, there is nothing wrong.
Lore-wise, there is nothing wrong.

Both sides have barbie-elves anyway, so it doesn't take anything out of either side.
It seems very likely that Horde will be getting San'layn as an allied race after reading the datamined text. Also, side note, I remembered that one of the Void elf jokes says, "No, we do not drink blood--that's the San'layn. Totally different emo elf." So, Horde could get an emo elf, and Alliance could finally get normal High elves. Seems like a fair trade-off.
05/03/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Absalom

When you keep doing the insane over and over it must be pointed out. But I shall leave you to your useless endeavor.

I'm posting on forums waiting for my sub to run out while bored you are posting out of a sense of spite towards other players. Which of us is undertaking a useless endeavor here? You are actively trying to drive players away from the game you presumably still love.
05/03/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Aerwen
I have no problem with alliance getting high elves as long as blizzard uses a different model than the Belf model. Perhaps use the night elf model with pale skin and blue eyes. I mean if it’s not about just playing an alliance clone of a Belf, then you alliance players won’t mind right?

There was a mockup done by Talendrion a while back of High Elf models modified from the Night Elf rig that I would be all for playing. While I definitely wouldn't say no to High Elves using the Blood Elf models, it's by no means the part of it I care about. So long as they don't come off looking wildly different I'm 110% cool with a modified Night Elf or Human model.
You Know my views on Elves so no need to post it here, But the sheer fact people are still demanding them and pleading the company for them. I honestly think IF and I do mean IF the San'layn are becoming a new race and faction then there is no honest reason to tell the alliance No anymore to High Elves.

Right now I rather see the Worgens and Goblins get the love they have been promised.

So Yes to High elves if the San'layn come into being playable.
So has Blizzard publicly said 'Pandaren were a bad idea' and regretted a neutral race, cause now their argument is kind of moot on the whole 'faction identity at a glance'

Cause even now I confuse good pandas for stabby pandas.
05/03/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Corlia
You Know my views on Elves so no need to post it here, But the sheer fact people are still demanding them and pleading the company for them. I honestly think IF and I do mean IF the San'layn are becoming a new race and faction then there is no honest reason to tell the alliance No anymore to High Elves.

Right now I rather see the Worgens and Goblins get the love they have been promised.

So Yes to High elves if the San'layn come into being playable.

There is a difference though, San’Layn are sufficiently different in appearance from any other race (this is why alliance got void elves), giving alliance high elves is basically giving them an exact copy of the Horde Belf race. That’s like giving humans to the horde without making any modifications just an exact copy. While we’re at it we can trade dwarves, elves, trolls, goblins, gnomes Tauren etc. and that way people can play what they want without having to stick to a faction.