Alliance High Elves Should be a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 38 39 40 126 Next
Why do the alliance players that want to play High Elves so bad hate the idea of playing a horde toon so much? We don’t bite lol (just stay away from the Foresaken though).

I play mainly horde but I have three human toons on alliance because (and this may shock some) I have to play alliance to play humans...

Because I don't like horde. I don't like being the servant of the lich queen I don't like the forsaken in general. The reason I have horde toons is it's way easier to pug. Also it's a not a rule or anything but when pugging I just tend to have way more fun on alliance in terms of people.

Oh and GM Gear >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HWL gear like not even close.
I do think Nightborne as an allied race were a bad idea. Not because I don't think they stand out enough from Night Elves. Show me one of each without a helmet on and I can tell the difference, where as a high and blood elf could be naked with just blindfolds on and that's enough to obscure them. However, because of all the time spent getting to know them and helping them with their cause, having them immediately joint he horde feels a bit off. I can see them favoring the horde certainly since the blood elves empathized with them more while Tyrande was less trusting. But as an Alliance player it is severely jarring.

I suppose the same could be said of the army of the light, but we didn't get to know them as well. Unlike the Nightborne they don't really feel like they have their own culture distinct from regular Draenei. I feel the same way about HM Tauren as well honestly, we spent more time with them than the LF Draenei but they never felt nearly as compelling for me, or as differenticated from normal tauren, as the Nightborne did.

That said, I'm not sure I would have liked high elves being the base for void elves. Because I like the idea of Void Elves being void elves because of their research biting them in the rear much more than something like 'alleria accidentally turns them into void elves.' And it would have felt really freaking weird having Vereesa's silver covenant studying the void in such a way. Rather than the void elves delving too deep and finding something that got them into trouble, it would just be a freak unpredictable accident if it was just something like 'alleria accidentally transforms them at the Sunwell.' And if you had high elves studying the void in such a deep way, especially the alliance aligned ones, I don't tihnk fans of high elves would want that, because delving into the void isn't the sort of thing people who rejected drawing mana out of mana wyrms would do.

This way, the origin while not perfect, makes more sense and is more satisfying than the alternatives. That's not to say things couldn't have been better. Blizzard could have found a way to work Umbric and his group into the game before the allied race story. Had us interact with them and aid in their void research. Make this after they're exiled from Silvermoon but before the transformation, to explain why alliance characters can interact with them. Mostly blood elves but with individual high elves. Get to know them and their motivations, and THEN in the AR quest, have the nether prince attack and transform them when the open the box.

Now, I'm not a high elf advocate but I don't imagine high elf fans would want the race they champion to have been studying the void the way Umbric did. And making it a freak accident rather than a result of their careless delving into the void would undercut the story. So I really don't think using the Silver Covenant as the base for void elves would have worked.

While I don't personally want high elves, my stance is still this. Add high elves or don't. Give the Alliance full fledged non mutated high elves, or don't give them high elves. Void elves may not be what they wanted, but at the very least they don't remove high elves from the story. If the silver covenant had been the high elves, that would have closed the door on the high elf story. I'd personally rather see them continue to be separate, though with some individual high elves joining the void elves, rather than see them merged into one and risk watering down void elves with high elf ideals.
05/03/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Xathsmash
Why do the alliance players that want to play High Elves so bad hate the idea of playing a horde toon so much? We don’t bite lol (just stay away from the Foresaken though).

I play mainly horde but I have three human toons on alliance because (and this may shock some) I have to play alliance to play humans...

Because I don't like horde. I don't like being the servant of the lich queen I don't like the forsaken in general. The reason I have horde toons is it's way easier to pug. Also it's a not a rule or anything but when pugging I just tend to have way more fun on alliance in terms of people.

"Why can't I be a Sith when I'm a Jedi in any Star Wars games?"

"Why can't I play as a N*z* as an American in any of the FPS games?"

One, because it's not the story that the Devs want to push. Two, because they're already available to play. Three, they don't like blurring the faction lines, more than what they've done.

I don't like playing Alliance, yet I sucked it up and leveled two Worgen and a Void Elf. If you can't play one faction due to your delicate sensibilities then don't, but don't b***h about it at the same time.
I am all for more options. Heck they added the Alliance/Horde tags when you mouse over people, so it's not going to be like people won't know. Whenever I see a Pandaren I mouse over them to see what's what, and if they're Horde I know I can't speak with them (unless I also happen to be on my Pandaren). So, yeah, High Elves for Alliance San'layn for the horde (or any undead elf equivalent) and let's finally exhaust all of our playable elf options so there can't possibly be any more.
High Elves for the Alliance! 100% Supported!
05/03/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Xathsmash

This right here. You acknowledge that BE are HE and you just can't stand Horde side. I've seen that statement from quite a few people over the last few months.

Not wanting to play Horde(Evil), Horde cities are ugly. Horde are monsters. BE should have been Alliance. Make BE Alliance.

All this comes down to is exactly what we and Ion has seen. You want to play a light skinned, pretty hair colored noble elf. That option became Horde in TBC.
05/03/2018 12:17 PMPosted by Nexsa
noble elf.

Why would I play Horde for that?
I don't understand why are so up in flames about this. There are TWO races that have been faction members that the player cant use that we have wanted forever.

Ogres and High Elves. Both have worked with us in the past. Players love them. AND BLIZZ KNOWS THIS.

I have a very strong feeling that blizz will introduce them in 8.1 or 8.2.
Here is why.

The first factor of faction identity. There are 3 major example of race not mattering to faction. 2 in blizz 1 not in blizz but in an mmo. the first is pandas, each faction has them no one is confused, night elves and nightborn these are almost the same. Now the out of blizz mmo example is Knights of the Old Republic (and to be blunt this is just wow with a star wars skin). Every race can be played by each faction and nobody is confused.

High Elves....the players base has caused a very noticible uproar about this "Allied races will be consider based on player interest" i am 100% blizz knows you want high elves.

Ogres... Im just saying the kultiran models are the new base skeleton for ogres, and if you reskin them and add an option for 2 heads...you get ogres.

They just need a story line and a chance to develop the story.
Thank you for everyone for or against High Elves keeping it consolidated to this thread

And if you're against High Elves I respect your opinion

but you're wrong and I hate you
05/03/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Drede
noble elf.

So sad, they're pretty much the only playable elves with light skin and blonde hair out there.
Your biased minority has been denied twice, and is hated by a great part of the GD.
05/03/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Drede
noble elf.

Why wouldn't you play Horde for that? Is it because you think or feel they are evil?

Same can be said for Horde looking at Alliance. Each side thinks they are right. Pretty big reason why fights and wars happen.

/pats your head.

It's okay. We don't bite and it's alright to play Horde for it's options. You don't need to have them on both sides. Maybe deep down, you are a Horde. Since you guys seem to love most stuff we get.
05/03/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Aerwen
Giving you a clone of the most popular race would ruin the faction idea.

But Alliance “gave” Horde playable Night Elves. Oh but Night Elves are only the second most popular race. I see. You have much to teach us.
05/03/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Aerwen
Why do the alliance players that want to play High Elves so bad hate the idea of playing a horde toon so much? We don’t bite lol (just stay away from the Forsaken though).

And you have a separate account for each character I suppose? Because your achievements show that despite playing since at least 2009 you have a pretty poor investment in the game. You haven't even finished exploring Pandaria on ANY toon to which that account is attached. Forgive me if I think that makes your arguments about faction identity seem a bit vapid.
05/03/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Nexsa
Why wouldn't you play Horde for that? Is it because you think or feel they are evil?

Same can be said for Horde looking at Alliance. Each side thinks they are right. Pretty big reason why fights and wars happen.

/pats your head.

It's okay. We don't bite and it's alright to play Horde for it's options. You don't need to have them on both sides. Maybe deep down, you are a Horde. Since you guys seem to love most stuff we get.

I actually used to be bi factional. It's the player base that drove me away. ;)

05/03/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Cyprinne
So sad, they're pretty much the only playable elves with light skin and blonde hair out there.

Make them tan. Problem solved.

And I want brown hair like the WC2 units.

05/03/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Cyprinne
and is hated by a great part of the GD.

Good thing their personal opinions don't matter.
Why do the alliance players that want to play High Elves so bad hate the idea of playing a horde toon so much? We don’t bite lol (just stay away from the Forsaken though).

A lot of us don't. I have entire servers full of Blood Elf characters.

It really isn't about the model.
05/03/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Lumineus

And you have a separate account for each character I suppose? Because your achievements show that despite playing since at least 2009 you have a pretty poor investment in the game. You haven't even finished exploring Pandaria on ANY toon to which that account is attached. Forgive me if I think that makes your arguments about faction identity seem a bit vapid.

Achievement score means nothing. It's there to give people something to do.

I've been playing since about May of 2007 and only have 13,000 points, does this translate into anything meaningful? Nope. I just don't have a desire to complete every single menial achievement Blizzard decides to put in the game.
05/03/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Lumineus

This is just stupid attacking someone with achievements. How low are you going. Achievements don't really mean much to only just show off like mounts,etc. And has nothing to do with the High Elf convo. If all your gonna do is look and nick pick on someone's achievements,etc then just plz just stop. At this point I just seeing you giving personal attacks/trolling someone. Your one of those players that is giving a BAD example of how people here are. Stop being toxic toward that person....what you said was uncalled for and not necessary.

Watch he'll try to do the same to me I bet. *rolls eyes*
@Xathsmash adding to that, I personally don't like the Horde side community/playerbase's culture. It's not my cup of tea.

More over I'd say the Silver Covenant storyline is way more interesting than the Blood Elves which lost interest after TBC.
So apparently Jaina's Angels was renamed to Auric's Angels... Auric Suncahser was involved in the Quel'Delar quest chain... who wielded Quel'Delar at one point? Blood-Queen Lana'thel... who was the leader of the The San'layn... who do we keep hearing about recently? The San'layn...