Alliance High Elves Should be a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 71 72 73 126 Next
05/05/2018 10:16 PMPosted by Withpuppys
05/05/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Bethla
...Ditto. That's a terrible thing to do to a community. The silver lining is that if they have to resort to hacking into art albums and vandalizing them, then they have very little in terms of an actual argument.
they never had much weight in their arguments, so the naysayers resorted to more brutish methods to silence us.

I just want to talk about elves man.

And now, after all that, I want to talk about dragon elves.
It is my firm belief that we will get some form of High Elves much later down the line.

I know what Ion said, I'm not disregarding what he said.

But people would have to be silly to believe they won't add anymore Elves in another expansion or 2 from now, just saying.

Hopefully then all the feedback we've been giving about how to alter their model/appearance/etc will be agreed with and we can actually play as the High Elves on Alliance that many have come to love and cherish (and others hate).
Honestly, I never been in pro-High Elves camp that much, but seeing the possibility of San'layn/Dark Fallen as Allied race for Horde. I see no logical reason for the Alliance to not get a High Elves or at the very least more customization option for Void Elves (normal/natural skin color, more hair color etc.) either. Both sides will have fair skin blonde elves, purple elves and goth elves. It's actually kinda balance it out.

That being said, and I'm sure it been brought up before, but if playable High Elves is happening. There ought to be some change or something to make High Elves feel more stand out as their own race with their own theme and identity, and not a carbon copy of Blood Elf with blue/cyan eyes or Night Elf with peach skin.
05/05/2018 11:08 PMPosted by Voldana
Honestly, I never been in pro-High Elves camp that much, but seeing the possibility of San'layn/Dark Fallen as Allied race for Horde. I see no logical reason for the Alliance to not get a High Elves or at the very least more customization option for Void Elves (normal/natural skin color, more hair color etc.) either. Both sides will have fair skin blonde elves, purple elves and goth elves. It's actually kinda balance it out.

That being said, and I'm sure it been brought up before, but if playable High Elves is happening. There ought to be some change or something to make High Elves feel more stand out as their own race with their own theme and identity, and not a carbon copy of Blood Elf with blue/cyan eyes or Night Elf with peach skin.

I think most people advocating for High Elves don't want a carbon copy of Blood Elves.

Ion said High Elves would be too much like Blood Elves now they are considering San'layn which encroaches on Void elf territory which is confusing given Ions statement.
05/05/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Dhumah
It is my firm belief that we will get some form of High Elves much later down the line.

But people would have to be silly to believe they won't add anymore Elves in another expansion or 2 from now, just saying.

Hopefully then all the feedback we've been giving about how to alter their model/appearance/etc will be agreed with and we can actually play as the High Elves on Alliance that many have come to love and cherish (and others hate).

Personally, I hope they don't just stop at 1 offshoot per race and keep adding more for the sake of more customization and options.

For anyone that says "too many elves" I think it stands to reason that elves are a very important part of Warcraft and there's simply no getting around to that. They're not the only important race, just one that's important enough that it has so many offshoots. Humans, Dwarves, Draenei, Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren are all very important races and have offshoots that I would welcome being playable just as much as any of the elves as well. (We still don't have more agile humans, we still don't have Wildhammer, we still have Broken, Dragonmaw, Forest Trolls, or Taunka... these races deserve their spot as well but I would never say "that just adds too many of the same race".)
05/05/2018 11:38 PMPosted by Grimroar

Personally, I hope they don't just stop at 1 offshoot per race and keep adding more for the sake of more customization and options.

For anyone that says "too many elves" I think it stands to reason that elves are a very important part of Warcraft and there's simply no getting around to that. They're not the only important race, just one that's important enough that it has so many offshoots. Humans, Dwarves, Draenei, Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren are all very important races and have offshoots that I would welcome being playable just as much as any of the elves as well. (We still don't have more agile humans, we still don't have Wildhammer, we still have Broken, Dragonmaw, Forest Trolls, or Taunka... these races deserve their spot as well but I would never say "that just adds too many of the same race".)

I agree with this, more race variety is a good thing.
How many Humans are we going to have already? Human, Worgen, Kul'Tiran, possibly Vurykul and Forsaken (which I know is a stretch to say). and we don't have people complaining about too many of them.
Orcs are getting a brand new model. What are Night Elves getting? Their racial capital removed. Oh, and Horde have an updated model with a huge city retconning in all our historical lore.

It's cool though.
t is my firm belief that we will get some form of High Elves much later down the line.

I just don't have any faith in Blizzard design decisions after this. The expansion is called Battle for Azeroth, and they had the perfect chance to bring in long requested races both sides were clamouring for, for years. The Argus storyline I thought was leading to a joint Silver Covenant Lightforged Elves Alliance. The defeat of Sargeras was the perfect time to introduce a splinter faction of the Fel Draenei to the Horde.

They literally had it fall into their lap. And instead was Void Elves and Nightborne.

It still boggles my mind now. Seeing Alleria looks still like a normal High Elf.

The fact that Ion retaliates with some petty faction war chest thumping is pathetic. I expect more from a AAA game designer for one of the biggest brands in the world.
05/05/2018 11:54 PMPosted by Pocketbuster
t is my firm belief that we will get some form of High Elves much later down the line.

I just don't have any faith in Blizzard design decisions after this. The expansion is called Battle for Azeroth, and they had the perfect chance to bring in long requested races both sides were clamouring for, for years. The Argus storyline I thought was leading to a joint Silver Covenant Lightforged Elves Alliance. The defeat of Sargeras was the perfect time to introduce a splinter faction of the Fel Draenei to the Horde.

They literally had it fall into their lap. And instead was Void Elves and Nightborne.

It still boggles my mind now. Seeing Alleria looks still like a normal High Elf.

The fact that Ion retaliates with some petty faction war chest thumping is pathetic. I expect more from a AAA game designer for one of the biggest brands in the world.

Would love to see Eredar on the Horde, Blizzard seems to be losing touch with the fans as they don't know what they wan't and they don't know the story. ( Some people at blizzard anyways, looking at you Ion)

I guess we will be waiting a while for our High Elves.
05/06/2018 12:17 AMPosted by Arlindia
05/05/2018 11:54 PMPosted by Pocketbuster

Would love to see Eredar on the Horde, Blizzard seems to be losing touch with the fans as they don't know what they wan't and they don't know the story. ( Some people at blizzard anyways, looking at you Ion)

I guess we will be waiting a while for our High Elves.

That the Blizzard devs have the gall to tell the players things can't be done "for lore reasons" and then making an entire Alliance faction in a single questline, makes me feel they think of the players as stupid peons who aren't worth explaining their actual reasoning to.
I agree that adding San'layn to the Horde a leaving the High Elves out would be the ultimate double standard and disgustingly hypocritical.

This being said I do support the San'layn cause and I really do hope that they are indeed being added as they reinforce both the Elven and Undead themes within the Horde versus the largely tribal theme of the rest of the Horde.

That being said, they do share many common themes with the Void Elves, down to the point where a VE joke references this. Now, for me, this isn't really a problem, but for those(including Ion) to turn around and say that this isn't okay for the High Elf/Blood Elf situation is not okay and super hypocritical.

Especially with San'layn being something of a stretch while Void Elves were arguably the most contrived race that has been introduced to the game, while the High Elves would conversely be one of the more organic choices.

The community has come together to demonstrate how High Elves could be updated and made different enough to be made playable and more unique in the face of other races consisting merely of different skin colors or figures, which again is clearly a double standard and hypocritical.

So I support Void Elves, I support San'layn, I support Nightborne and I support High Elves.
05/05/2018 11:17 PMPosted by Arlindia

I think most people advocating for High Elves don't want a carbon copy of Blood Elves.

Ion said High Elves would be too much like Blood Elves now they are considering San'layn which encroaches on Void elf territory which is confusing given Ions statement.

It's not though if you realize one would be on the horde and that Ion has never had a max level alliance toon since double agent has been in game.
"There's always hope!"

Don't give up guys, we're not asking for something unreasoanable like many say. High Elves makes more sense than any other Allied Race out there.

Like some people said in the past:

"High Elves is the very first Allied Race added to the game!"

The future maybe seem grim, but without shadow, there's no light.
05/05/2018 11:17 PMPosted by Arlindia

personally, i dont mind the horde getting san'layn, in fact, i think the more options we all have the better, as the wow engine cant do sliders. the average mmorpg these days has really comprehensive cosmetic options, using sliders to modify everything, including how tall, how thin, how fat, nose shape and length, mouth width, lip size, eye size and width, eyebrow length and arch, ear length and protrusion, cheekbones, breast size, etc. we dont get any of that, so we should be encouraging blizz to do each other's requests cause thats the only way the game will let us fine tune beyond some small cosmetic changes to hair in the barbershop.

we need more options.
Honestly? I hope one or two things happen in BFA:

1. The rest of the highelves join the war in BFA and take such a heavy loss that only a handful survive or just kill them outright. That would ultimately end the chance of them being a allied race.

or

2. They cause more lore with void elves by making Alleria Windwalker a Void elf in order to fight Sylvanas and the other High elves join her. Maybe adding some customization that hints this like tattoos/blue eyes. That would make it easier to give them more lore and a reason they exist.
05/06/2018 01:10 AMPosted by Ytheia

1. The rest of the highelves join the war in BFA and take such a heavy loss that only a handful survive or just kill them outright. That would ultimately end the chance of them being a allied race.

or

2. They cause more lore with void elves by making Alleria Windwalker a Void elf in order to fight Sylvanas and the other High elves join her. Maybe adding some customization that hints this like tattoos/blue eyes. That would make it easier to give them more lore and a reason they exist.

we'd just ask for more to be brought from an AU then. found on a tropical island. found in a new expansion. it's not gonna stop. i mean my requests are going to stop because i only have 2 days left on my sub, but guarantee ya, these people will keep asking.
05/06/2018 01:14 AMPosted by Píñkÿ

or

we'd just ask for more to be brought from an AU then. found on a tropical island. found in a new expansion. it's not gonna stop. i mean my requests are going to stop because i only have 2 days left on my sub, but guarantee ya, these people will keep asking.

I have a feeling the more people press this issue without them doing something in BFA, the more Blizzard with ignore to the point of banning any talk about them in the forums.

Only so many times one can poke the hands of the devs that make the game before they outright either ignore the lore or outright kill it.

However, I see them maybe doing it if subs get that bad. Still, I have more hope of Dark Rangers coming (in the theme of the story of WOTLK DKs ) than I see them ever making content for a race they seem to not care about.

or

They could and should add just a couple more natural hair colors and skin tones then. They don't have to be exact copies of what the Blood Elves have, but they should resemble them more, as the process which created Umbrics void elves is very specific.

Alleria utilized the Void differently, therefore the end result was different and if the High Elves did go Void, they should reasonably resemble Alleria more than Umbric and both variations should be represented through playable Void Elves, regardless of playable HEs happening or not.
05/06/2018 01:22 AMPosted by Ytheia
05/06/2018 01:14 AMPosted by Píñkÿ

I have a feeling the more people press this issue without them doing something in BFA, the more Blizzard with ignore to the point of banning any talk about them in the forums.

Only so many times one can poke the hands of the devs that make the game before they outright either ignore the lore or outright kill it.

However, I see them maybe doing it if subs get that bad. Still, I have more hope of Dark Rangers coming (in the theme of the story of WOTLK DKs ) than I see them ever making content for a race they seem to not care about.

why would you want to limit options? you're arguing to withhold options. when you play an mmorpg and create your character, you get like fifty or so possible modifications you can do to your character, down to really minute details. in wow, we dont have that. the closest they can do is offer us allied races (reusing skeletons, reusing animations).

arguing against people's requests is like arguing to have the devs gimp the game so it has less features.
I'll only fully support alliance high elves if they end up looking significantly different from blood and void elves.

As for horde San'layn, I'm still not convinced that they will be a thing (same with high elves, honestly) but I'd be happy for those that want them should they actually happen.