Alliance High Elves Should be a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 90 91 92 126 Next
05/06/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Atheinia
Blizzard clearly wants Void Elves to be a significant part of BfA, which is difficult as long as High Elves are also around muddying the waters story wise

I understand that Blizzard want the Void Elves to play a central role in BfA.

But the expansion was called Battle for Azeroth, the advertising was about the classic Alliance vs Horde.

Then for some reason a race that's never existed before in the Void Elves, is now the driving force of the narrative of this Classic Alliance vs Horde expansion?

It just feels like someone at Blizzard wanted their headcanon fanfiction Void Elves, the players and the lore be damned, I'll just shoehorn in right in here. The entire race sprung from a single questline in the corner of Mac'Aree.

It goes from jumping the shark to the shark jumping you.
05/06/2018 08:53 PMPosted by Wyspers
05/06/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Withpuppys
...weird, seeing as i was just in stormwind watching high elves go about their day. they look pretty lively for a dead race

Puppy, I want to tell you something I'm proud of.

We Kaldorei rule an empire both proud and strong. It spans the breadth of Northern Kalimdor and is crowned by our capital city, Darnassus. Placed upon the world tree Teldrassil higher than any citadel in all of Azeroth.

Our armies are as vast as our territories.

We are unassailable.

Let me see you try to lore your way out of that one! Hah hah!

*Nozdormu Timewalks Wyspers 4 Months Later*

https://bit.ly/2wiNLYP

*Watches Teldrasil burning in the distance as BFA starts*

... So... Do you want me to help put that out or?

I mean, those of us from Gilneas were kind of set up there too while we were still cut off from it... We kinda still had all our stuff sort of hooked up in that tree in the back of your city.
Nah, no more elves. No to High Elves. Void Elves and Blood Elves = High Elves, as confirmed by Blizzard at least twice.

We won, you lost. Enjoy what you got and move on.
05/06/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Darkprøphet
Nah, no more elves. No to High Elves. Void Elves and Blood Elves = High Elves, as confirmed by Blizzard at least twice.

Don't you guys want your vampire elves?
05/06/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Azsula
05/06/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Soulshox
As mentioned before by lore and the pro helfers the high elf population is minimum of 1481 as mentioned by excerpts from the jounal of Archmage Vargoth.

However in BFA the story is expanded

"Under Alleria's guidance, as well as the tutelage and instruction of her own teacher, Locus-Walker, the void elves made strides in mastering their nature. They claimed Telogrus as their base of operations, and their numbers grew with the addition of blood elves and high elves who have ventured to seek them out, no longer fearing exile for the pursuit of knowledge."

Although numbers are not mentioned until blizzard confirm them lets for the sake of argument its 500 high elves left to join. That's leave's 981 high elves thus reducing the number even further. Not accounting for all the ones that died in the "campaigns" they fought in since the split from blood elves.

As blizzard stated there are not enough numbers left and the "small" group of Void Elves" that the pro helfers love to reference has grown vastly pulling from high elves and blood elves.

"As Umbric's original group of followers was not shown to be particularly large -- and comprised entirely of mages and warlocks in the scenario -- players have speculated that the void elves' ranks, which seem to have grown significantly between the recruitment scenario and the introduction quest for void elf characters, were expanded by elves learning of Telogrus in the interim and willingly subjecting themselves to the process. This is seemingly implied by the presence of blood and high elf initiates training under Locus-Walker in the rift, but not explicitly stated."

Also just from the opening quest in BFA the power of the Void elves was shown when Alleria ported in tanks through the void to join the battle against Sylvanus in Lordaeron. That is just the start.

Also this is last part is only my opinion but i think Blizzard will kill off the leader of the silver covenant Vareesa and the remaining Silver covenant in some sort of crossfire fight between Alleria and Sylvanus thus ending the Majority of the high elves in some kind of wrath gate scenario.

This is also why i believe Blizzard will not add high elves to the game as playable and stated mutiple times as their extinction is part of the BFA storyline which was already written at the beginning of the development cycle.

Sure... You know the process that made VE a thing was a random accident, right? If it is so easy to replicate this accident why can't other races join too?

Hey, Blizzard, how about Void Humans as allied race? C'mon, we know how you love to screw up the Alliance options. They should be like this guy here:

http://www.wowhead.com/dressing-room#Rz0z0zJ8z9Mq0k0z9m87hc4W8zq287o

(Joking)

And, please, if they don't wanna give us HE fine but stop saying that High Elves will join the Void crap. They would never do this.

One of the reasons they hate Blood Elves is that they are against using any type of dark magic. If Blizzard decides to destroy their identity only to make VE less useless the situation will get much worse.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Void_elf

read down at the speculation bit and go compare that to in game. If you see a high elf maaaybe you are going to be wrong. idk *shrugs*. Idk if that is or isn't true but just thought i'd leave it there because you made me do some digging and i found that.
05/06/2018 09:07 PMPosted by Pocketbuster

No, don't care. No more elves.
05/06/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Lunaprotege

I mean, those of us from Gilneas were kind of set up there too while we were still cut off from it... We kinda still had all our stuff sort of hooked up in that tree in the back of your city.

Nah. It's cool. Big plans for a new tree. We're printing some flyers out to catapult into Lordaeron. Going to make sure every Forsaken gets a copy. Oh, look. There's one now! Let's give him one.

https://bit.ly/2HUPy8p
<span class="truncated">...</span>

There's not really much to suggests that the HE are a class based faction, let alone a Paladin one. The only thing that gives us a proclivity is Vereesa herself, styled as the "Ranger-General" so at least Rangers are a cornerstone. Hunters and Mages are the most prevalent classes for the Silver Covenant, and the two groups that really have gotten most of the action, with other classes being far less represented, with Paladin being perhaps the less represented alongside Warlock.

Huh... If there was Mages and Hunters in Silver covenant, I didn't notice them... I mostly just saw Verresa and the various "Covered in Knight's gear" Silver Covenant members up in the Argent Tournament and figured that was their "look", one that looks very Paladin esque to me.

I also want to point out that your opening line here gets a little confusing; I wasn't exactly equating anything I associated with Silver Covenant to all HE, or even that Silver Covenant was anything more than a single splinter group, yet you seem to make your opening line make it sound like that's your own position. I doubt that, but really: phrasing.

All Silver Covenant = High Elves, but not all High Elves = Silver Covenant.

Oh yeah my bad, meant to say SCHE, so my point was specifically about Silver Covenant elves.

The SC does have some plate wearers on the tournament, but in all of their appearances besides the tournament, they do so as either mages or hunters (rangers)

-Guardian Mages in Dalaran, Battlemages across the Alliance outposts during WotLK
-Rangers in Cataclysm
-Guardian Mages and "Spellbows" in MoP
-And in Legion, the SC Rangers joined the Unseen Path, and the SC Mages showed up for the assault on Suramar.

So indeed, the SC has been heavily focused on its Rangers and Mages now that I think about it, so they kinda indeed are a class based organization it seems?
High Elves = life
05/06/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Talendrion
Oh yeah my bad, meant to say SCHE, so my point was specifically about Silver Covenant elves.

The SC does have some plate wearers on the tournament, but in all of their appearances besides the tournament, they do so as either mages or hunters (rangers)

-Guardian Mages in Dalaran, Battlemages across the Alliance outposts during WotLK
-Rangers in Cataclysm
-And in Legion, the SC Rangers joined the Unseen Path, and the SC Mages showed up for the assault on Suramar.

So indeed, the SC has been heavily focused on its Rangers and Mages now that I think about it, so they kinda indeed are a class based organization it seems?

Huh... Well, I missed everything from start of Cataclysm to Legion... So...

I'm beginning to think the "Free Level Boost with Expansion" thing Blizzard's been doing lately may actually be a problem. At least when it comes to story catch up.

... Not sure which one I'd have to use it on for the one BFA gets anyways... One Alt is at 70, one's at 40, and the other is 17 but can Tank (probably), though I could just reroll that one as DK anyways... Or roll DH, but I'm still pretty meh about playing Night Elves.
05/06/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Darkprøphet
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No, don't care. No more elves.
well looks like your going to be disappointed, because it seems like the san'layn are joining the horde, and if they join the horde as the horde's allied race, then that means another elf race will be made for alliance, so that blizzard can keep their elven parity they seem hellbent on keeping
Well I got chosen done might try to get a few more sets done before time runs out I guess.
Nah. It's cool. Big plans for a new tree. We're printing some flyers out to catapult into Lordaeron. Going to make sure every Forsaken gets a copy. Oh, look. There's one now! Let's give him one.
hey, you can just come crash with us in gilneas, we are apparently restoring it
05/06/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Withpuppys
hey, you can just come crash with us in gilneas, we are apparently restoring it

No reason we can't have two trees. We'll make yours real nice every Winter's Veil super special. We'll have egg nog and puppy treats. Then in the summertime you can come visit the Elf district of New Lordaeron where we hold the first annual Quel'Kel'Ren Festival (The Festival of the Three Elves).

It's gonna be great.
05/06/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Lunaprotege
05/06/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Talendrion

-Rangers in Cataclysm

Huh... Well, I missed everything from start of Cataclysm to Legion... So...

I'm beginning to think the "Free Level Boost with Expansion" thing Blizzard's been doing lately may actually be a problem. At least when it comes to story catch up.

... Not sure which one I'd have to use it on for the one BFA gets anyways... One Alt is at 70, one's at 40, and the other is 17 but can Tank (probably), though I could just reroll that one as DK anyways... Or roll DH, but I'm still pretty meh about playing Night Elves.

Hehe, I do really suggest you level one toon WotLK forward so you get to experience the Silver Covenant presence on the game! Honestly I know that a lot of pro Helf people don't like VE, but get yourself one you can clad on gear from head to toe and pretend you are a HE. Igot my first one like that, then I could use the Heritage set to level my actual VE, which has been pretty cool. I'm feeling myself.

Regardless! I highly suggest you experience the High Elf content from MoP, that's peak Silver Covenant participation. You mostly just have to do the 5.1 Landfall content that eventually leads to the Purge, and then go in for the Isle of Thunder where there's so many HE NPC's and quest givers going about as you unlock the area.

What exactly did you win?
05/06/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Pocketbuster
Then for some reason a race that's never existed before in the Void Elves, is now the driving force of the narrative of this Classic Alliance vs Horde expansion?
That and the recent John Hight interview shows that they're intentionally giving races to Horde and Alliance that the other have so that people can play those types that one faction seems to have more of.

He stated that they try to balance the "pretty vs tough looking" races and if they notice one side is having more of it than the other then they will give races to balance those out.
and then if we noticed a preponderance of really big, tough-looking races on one side or really charming, cool, cute-looking races on the other, then we try to do a little bit of a rebalance. Those profiles and those aesthetics are really important. We didn't want everyone on the Horde to look ugly, right?
Also in being a faction expansion where we're supposed to be proud of our faction, they actually have gone on record multiple times to promote playing the other side, even in this interview with John Hight.
We want people to pick a side or a race that they identify with - that they want to be them in this world. And who knows, that may actually result in players changing factions, or at least rolling a second toon on the opposite side.
See? In the first sentence he states they want people to pick a side or race they identify with that they'd like to be in this world. Then the next sentence after states it's ok if it may result in switching factions or at least making an alt.

So what I get from it is that, at least from John Hight, he's ok with more pro-options for players.

And I think the fact that so many people for years have been RPing as High Elves (but also those that wish for playable High Elves) just shows the dedication and identity that some players have to "pick a race and side to identify with and want to be that in WoW" but are still not able to do so. This doesn't even touch on the other races that people want, Taunka, Naga, Ogres, WH Dwarves, Vrykul, Tuskarr etc.

Want for High Elves just stands out because it's definitively the most requested AR and has been for years and continues to be. But all those others who want those races also don't have the ability to play a race they cherish and identify with as well.

And yeah yeah as much as anti-people like to pick the low-hanging fruit and say, "you're all just a bunch of whiners" ummmm while there are extreme outliers of that it doesn't mean we all are.

Just because pro-HE wish to continue talking about a topic that is something they enjoy doesn't mean we're literally stamping our feet like 5 year olds, pouting, and throwing tantrums.

We're posting on forums. Plus some verbiage by those that seem to get literal headaches or post rage-y comments at the mere sight of HE topics probably have more issues than those discussing the topic themselves.
the blood elfs are the high elves, they just cant use the official name "High Elves" because of legalities involving gameworkshop's warhammer series copyright ruling

this entire hissfy fit is retarded they cant use the official name anymore because of the legal ruling and it's literally just the blood elves we already have but with blue eyes instead for !@#$s sake
05/06/2018 10:03 PMPosted by Ïllyana

he won more elf races like the san'layn.
05/06/2018 10:14 PMPosted by Withpuppys
05/06/2018 10:03 PMPosted by Ïllyana
he won more elf races like the san'layn.

Oh yeah.

Says he doesn't care, but I bet he's going to have five of them if they actually become a thing.