Lore Q&A and Character Help 4

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Prev 1 15 16 17
First and foremost, apologies for the lack of replies. Been very busy with irl work and had to take a break from a lot of my WoW responsibilities for a while.

11/04/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Olakar
As someone interested in RPing a Zandalari, what are some of the more niche classes more tied to their culture/troll culture that one might RP as? Especially for priests and monks, which have a lot of leeway in Zandalari lore I feel.
There's the augurs, who spend their time casting bones or reading leaves for insight, working with the mojo of the elements. They wear a distinctive chest piece called a hauberk, fitted with the finest silks and cloths, acting as a symbol of their divinity and authority. Their closest class would be a restoration shaman or a mistweaver monk.

The confessors are the troll's version of priests, acting as judges amongst the tribe, preserving them from evil. They keep their tribe in tune with the spirits and wear distinctive mantles, woven with powerful mojo that aids them in healing and protecting their tribe.

11/06/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Goramn
Is there any concrete sources that tell us where the human trappers in the Grizzly Hills come from?
Chronicle Volume 3 and a few in-game quests that Sunpai mentions hint at them being early settlers of Northrend before Arthas' arrival, so the general assumption is that they've been living there for some time before the Scourgewar.

11/09/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Walthorn
Is it possible to use astral/nature magics without being a part of the Cenarion Circle or Harvest Witches of Gilneas? How exactly is one initiated into using Nature magic?
Technically speaking, one cannot be a true druid unless they've attained the title through the Cenarion Circle, but I can imagine many nature magic users who aren't affiliated with them, might find this entitled and untrue. One can be in tune with nature and use its powers without a connection to either, and I agree your concept is sound and entirely plausible.
A mage could mask or nullify the scent of something by using magic, right? The first thing that comes to mind is the small questline before the Culling of Stratholme dungeon where the scourge disguise plagued grain in order to get it into the city.
I don't recall how effective the disguises were, just that the adventurers were able to see through it easily enough and dispell it with a quest item provided by Chromie.
11/11/2018 02:04 AMPosted by Flarepulse
A mage could mask or nullify the scent of something by using magic, right? The first thing that comes to mind is the small questline before the Culling of Stratholme dungeon where the scourge disguise plagued grain in order to get it into the city.
I don't recall how effective the disguises were, just that the adventurers were able to see through it easily enough and dispell it with a quest item provided by Chromie.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Schools_of_Arcane_Magic_-_Illusion

Though it only mentions invisibility and inaudibility, I'd imagine illusion magic covers all manner of deceptive spells. The plagued grain crates are even said to be under the effects of an illusion.

The last line of that source I linked mentions that divination spells can counteract illusions; I'd imagine this is why we were able to dispel the illusions easily. Being from the future, we knew the plagued grain had to be there somewhere. Going around poking every crate with divination magic would certainly unveil it. In my opinion, the fact that we only find a limited number of crates 'suspicious' is probably just for gameplay reasons, so that people aren't spending an hour running around dispelling every crate in the area.

A mage would be able to mask/nullify something's scent. Unless someone knew something was up and tried to use divination magic to break the spell, it'd likely be quite effective as well.
Unfortunately, I could not dig up anything concrete, despite my best efforts. We're simply not provided any solid information about this.

However, it is quite clear that they aren't a part of the Alliance already, since we have quests trying to recruit them (if you're Alliance, that is). That rules out your third option.

The first option, that they're humans from before the Lich King's arrival, seems to be the most likely. Possibly a retcon, given that we're told that they were all killed with the plague of undeath after the Lich King arrived as you said; though I recall reading somewhere that the Grizzly Hills have been practically untouched by the Scourge thanks to the native furbolg. I can't seem to find that info again, though, so it's possible I was mistaken

Thanks. I read wowpedia all the time, and try to read every bit of in-game text I can find, and I just haven’t found much about these people. I appreciate a second set of eyes!
I posted my own thread, but it may be best to ask here.

A friend just came back to the game (yay!) and we wanted to RP on Horde for a bit, and the idea was pitched to RP Sin'dorei who had been raised in undeath (Kind of like Dark Rangers)

Is that possible? Being Forsaken but using a different model?

I should have posted here, but I didn't even see this thread since I was using my phone -_-
11/13/2018 10:48 PMPosted by Sunwhisper
Is that possible? Being Forsaken but using a different model?
Most definitely, Sylvanas even directly offers to raise Lor'themar's troops at the Siege of Orgrimmar, and during patch 8.1 she raises some blood elves as well, such as Lorash.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lorash_Sunbeam
Thanks =). I really wanted to try Forsaken RP (Even though i'm against Sylvanas, so I might just have her go against her after she's raised), I just could never get behind the models.
My character is someone who likes to cause pain to others, is completely emotionless and devoid of empathy. Her problem is that she doesn’t want to be this way, she wants to be “good”. So she suppresses all these feelings, her true nature.

She becomes a priest to guide herself in the right direction, the Light acting as a sort of “medication” for her feelings. But my question is, being a priest and being the way that she is, would the Void be drawn to her? Would it try to coerce this dark side out of her, so that it would take complete control?