Wraith Walk as a talent.

Death Knight
Why are you guys not flipping out?
We got deaths advanced back and it gives a 30% boost to movement speed, so technically speaking we can have 2 mobility buttons now
Didn't they make death's advance just a slow resist, or did they change it again?
04/30/2018 10:30 PMPosted by Dezerian
Didn't they make death's advance just a slow resist, or did they change it again?

They changed it again. It's now a 30% movement speed increase that lasts 8 seconds, on a 45 second cooldown.
where do you see that
https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2394397-Battle-for-Azeroth-Beta-Build-26522-Spell-Changes?p=49309355#post49309355
New death advance it still a pretty poor pve movement ability, maybe an ok one for pvp. If blizzard really wants that hulking Juggernaut fantasy then give death knights more health. After all juggernauts have supposed to be really tough.
04/30/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Vaelorid
We got deaths advanced back and it gives a 30% boost to movement speed, so technically speaking we can have 2 mobility buttons now

So they replaced a 70% movespeed ability with a 30% one and people are actually okay with this? rofl.

Yeah we can spec into wraithwalk at the expense of other talents. Doesn't really look like frost loses anything but unholy as actual defensive options on that row. Unholy also lost the talent that makes WW 100% and a 30 sec cd, so with both spells they are back to the same speed but at 45 seconds. Having to choose between being slow and being squishy, cool Blizz.

With the ridiculous crap that other classes can do, this class should actually be gaining mobility not losing it.
05/01/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Akusalol

So they replaced a 70% movespeed ability with a 30% one and people are actually okay with this? rofl.

05/01/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Vartus
New death advance it still a pretty poor pve movement ability, maybe an ok one for pvp. If blizzard really wants that hulking Juggernaut fantasy then give death knights more health. After all juggernauts have supposed to be really tough.
It's 30% for 8 seconds, immune to externals, and you can cast vs. 70% at 3 seconds and you can't do anything. It's a better mobility button on the cast alone but all right, I guess people just suddenly love WW now after spending and entire expansion !@#$%ing how garbage it was.
05/01/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Sylithros
I guess people just suddenly love WW now after spending and entire expansion !@#$%ing how garbage it was.

uh no still hate it camp
You know what would be great? If we just removed wraith walk and gave back the Death's Advance with the passive 15% movement speed increase. Seriously. I miss it so badly. If Windwalker can have 3 rolls, tigers lust, a teleport, and serpent kick, we can have a 15% movement speed increase without being busted.
05/01/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Manapaws
You know what would be great? If we just removed wraith walk and gave back the Death's Advance with the passive 15% movement speed increase. Seriously. I miss it so badly. If Windwalker can have 3 rolls, tigers lust, a teleport, and serpent kick, we can have a 15% movement speed increase without being busted.

that 15% movement speed was actually from unholy presence not death's advance. Death's advance only gave 10% movespeed.

In any case hopefully there will be useful situations for the external knockback resistance besides pvp. Deaths' advance was good enough back then and actually only had a 6 second duration while the new one has 8 seconds + the external movement immunity so let's give it a chance, I think it's an improvement.
05/01/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Basics
05/01/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Manapaws

that 15% movement speed was actually from unholy presence not death's advance. Death's advance only gave 10% movespeed.

In any case hopefully there will be useful situations for the external knockback resistance besides pvp. Deaths' advance was good enough back then and actually only had a 6 second duration while the new one has 8 seconds + the external movement immunity so let's give it a chance, I think it's an improvement.

Oops, I was looking at this. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Death%27s_Advance

Anyway, I mean... it's great and all... but I really just miss being able to move a little faster than normal. It felt right. I'm still a little bit iffy on if wraith walk even fits our class fantasy (it seems kind out of out of place to be honest) and deaths advance is neat, but there's something that just really felt right about moving a little faster and having slows not effect you as much, but at the cost of having no movement speed increases. Something about running away from death but it always catches up to you in the end, or some other overly-poetic crap. It just felt right. ;-;
It's a basically a trade off.

Having baseline mobility and being able to spec for more is nice, something we didn't really have in Legion (the WW talent is pretty mediocre). There are some fights were you don't need more defensive or mobility.

30% is pretty mediocre though. It keeps us in line with their slow but powerful fantasy they want to push.
I don't mind the change.
05/01/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Sakujo

30% is pretty mediocre though. It keeps us in line with their slow but powerful fantasy they want to push.

And therein lies the issue I have with that narrative and being a Frost Death Knight. Dual-wielding to me feels like a fast quick-striking speedier type of warrior, like Achilles on the beach assault of Troy (good film btw)

I don't really care about the whole 2h vs dual wielding Frost thing, but if you're gonna make us dual wield, at least get the feeling down.
Returning, but long time DK here. Where IN THE FUK did this slow moving juggernaut crap come from? I came back and apparently this is the new normal??? No, DK's were never like this.
05/03/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Steroider
Returning, but long time DK here. Where IN THE FUK did this slow moving juggernaut crap come from? I came back and apparently this is the new normal??? No, DK's were never like this.
Legion. It came from Legion.

Came from Blizzard over reaching and policing fun with this #classfantasy

Did you play a DK in Wotlk?