Wraith Walk as a talent.

Death Knight
05/03/2018 04:08 PMPosted by Kayed
05/03/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Steroider
Returning, but long time DK here. Where IN THE FUK did this slow moving juggernaut crap come from? I came back and apparently this is the new normal??? No, DK's were never like this.

Did you play a DK in Wotlk?

Yeah, we had UH presence for mobility - a good 15% passive all the time. But no, Halls of Reflection has one scene in the entire history of Warcraft, the 'class' was slow and inevitable, and thats what they picked for our class for it's entire history.

Ignoring Haste, Unholy Aura, Unholy Presence and the far longer history of being swift and agile versions of knights, and thus didn't need a shield.
05/03/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Steroider
Returning, but long time DK here. Where IN THE FUK did this slow moving juggernaut crap come from? I came back and apparently this is the new normal??? No, DK's were never like this.

Sure did. I've been playing DK for nearly a decade, since they released. We always had a 15% baseline speed from UH presence.

Anywho, i'll be taking the Wraith Walk talent from what i can tell. Feeling fast and powerful is a must in this game. Who wants to walk around slow all the time. I just wish DK would get better looks @ mobility. I get it we have grip and other slows, but that doesnt help much inside a raid.
Dks should have two gap closers like most mele, ww has the coolest graphic of all time also works well most people just completely mis use it.. essentially you're losing your sprint.. GG
05/04/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Grobbsquad
Dks should have two gap closers like most mele, ww has the coolest graphic of all time also works well most people just completely mis use it.. essentially you're losing your sprint.. GG
The new DA is closer to a Sprint than WW. WW is and always will be garbage as long as it's channeled and requires a glyph to be half-functional.
05/04/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Sylithros
05/04/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Grobbsquad
The new DA is closer to a Sprint than WW. WW is and always will be garbage as long as it's channeled and requires a glyph to be half-functional.

It doesnt require a glyph to be functional.
05/05/2018 02:07 AMPosted by Thebigsucc
... The new DA is closer to a Sprint than WW. WW is and always will be garbage as long as it's channeled and requires a glyph to be half-functional.

theres a river i'd like you to know about.
And yes it does
05/05/2018 02:07 AMPosted by Thebigsucc
... The new DA is closer to a Sprint than WW. WW is and always will be garbage as long as it's channeled and requires a glyph to be half-functional.

It took until 7.3 to jump in base WW; until then, you needed the Wraith Walker glyph to get 100% functionality of a mobility button. 7.3 came out August 29, 2017, almost a year after Legion's and 7.0's launch. 8.0 will be out during the summer, meaning for a majority of WW's existence, you needed a glyph for it to work properly. I chalk that up as a necessity and a design flaw. I also wrote and, meaning needing both the channel (which it still has) and the glyph. The latter is relatively fixed but that doesn't remove the clipping issues that stop your character in its tracks, so the glyph is still a big draw. As long as it's channeled WW will be garbage mobility for DPS DKs.
05/01/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Vartus
New death advance it still a pretty poor pve movement ability, maybe an ok one for pvp. If blizzard really wants that hulking Juggernaut fantasy then give death knights more health. After all juggernauts have supposed to be really tough.

I think the "hulking juggernaut" class fantasy could be maintained if they considered that bulk+momentum could = speed. I would love to see a simple, straight line charge that has a fixed distance, 12-15 second CD, collision, and some kind of splash damage when movement is terminated. There's plenty of opportunity for synergy and Blizz could even make the animation at the end either blood, ice shards, or filth depending on the spec.
05/04/2018 12:29 AMPosted by Ashaeron

Yeah, we had UH presence for mobility - a good 15% passive all the time. But no, Halls of Reflection has one scene in the entire history of Warcraft, the 'class' was slow and inevitable, and thats what they picked for our class for it's entire history.

Ignoring Haste, Unholy Aura, Unholy Presence and the far longer history of being swift and agile versions of knights, and thus didn't need a shield.

Everyone seem's to forget (or conveniently leave out) that only Unholy stayed in Unholy Presence - for Frost it wasn't optimal for dps and as Blood you obviously couldn't or else get whacked. Sure it was nice for out of combat mobility but any decent speed set in Legion easily outdoes that.

Either way they've moved on from Presences (for us and other classes) so no point comparing it to now. I personally prefer having DA baseline and WW as a talent on a row where it makes sense.