Survival Hunter AOE

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Well, WFB requires less trig in the latest build; it splashes in a small radius around your target in addition to the cone.
05/08/2018 09:00 PMPosted by Arctos
Well, WFB requires less trig in the latest build; it splashes in a small radius around your target in addition to the cone.

That's good. I didn't see it on the build datamine, but haven't been on the beta tonight either.

Now to get Blizzard to add Carve back. I don't care if it does mediocre damage. I just don't want to have a feeling of no real AOE rotation. Right now ST and AOE are the same except some tab targeting.
Greetings, travelers!

In the next beta build you’re going to see a familiar ability in your spellbook: Carve! The ability is in a pretty raw state at the moment and we’re going to continue to iterate on it if this version doesn’t feel right. We’d love to hear about your experiences on Beta after playing with it.

Carve:
• 30 Focus cost. 6 second cooldown (reduced by Haste).
• A sweeping attack that strikes all enemies in front of you for Physical damage. Reduces the remaining cooldown on Wildfire Bomb by 1.0 sec for each target hit,
up to 5.

Please be aware that Carve doesn’t yet have full talent support. In a future build, things such as Birds of Prey, or Shrapnel Bomb from Wildfire Infusion, will interact with Carve. Butchery will likely be a Carve replacement, and get tuned accordingly.

We want to give Survival a clear path to take when there are many enemies, whether that’s a group of raptor hatchlings, or a double-pull of trolls in Atal’dazar. Serpent Sting and Wildfire Bomb don’t quite fill that space -- applying Serpent Sting to more than ~3 enemies (without Hydra’s Bite) is often more frustrating than it is fun, and Wildfire Bomb’s cooldown prevents it from being “the AoE button”.

Survival has a variety of AoE tools through talents, and Carve should add a better foundation for those talents to build around. By reducing Wildfire Bomb’s cooldown it gives you enough to do that spreading Serpent Stings to numerous targets is far less necessary. It also interacts strongly with the Guerilla Tactics talent, so all of the level 30 talents have a similar level of impact on how you AoE. The short cooldown is there so that your AOE rotation becomes weaving in your other buttons – Serpent Sting, Kill Command, Wildfire Bomb, etc – in between Carves, instead of just pushing it repeatedly.

Separately, we have a quality-of-life change for Hydra’s Bite that will arrive in an upcoming build. With Hydra’s Bite talented, Serpent Sting will prefer to select additional nearby targets that are not already affected by Serpent Sting. This should make it far less frustrating to try to apply Serpent Sting to a whole pack of mobs.

Again, we’re still iterating on the specifics of Carve, and we greatly appreciate your feedback on how this version plays. Thank you!
can we get a kc melee animation for kill command when you are in melee ranged please it seems small but means a lot to us to fight with out PET!! please and thanks
wow nice
Yay, CARVE!!!!
06/06/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Solanis
Greetings, travelers!

In the next beta build you’re going to see a familiar ability in your spellbook: Carve! The ability is in a pretty raw state at the moment and we’re going to continue to iterate on it if this version doesn’t feel right. We’d love to hear about your experiences on Beta after playing with it.

Carve:
• A sweeping attack that strikes all enemies in front of you for Physical damage. Reduces the remaining cooldown on Wildfire Bomb by 1.0 sec for each target hit,
up to 5.

Please be aware that Carve doesn’t yet have full talent support. In a future build, things such as Birds of Prey, or Shrapnel Bomb from Wildfire Infusion, will interact with Carve. Butchery will likely be a Carve replacement, and get tuned accordingly.

We want to give Survival a clear path to take when there are many enemies, whether that’s a group of raptor hatchlings, or a double-pull of trolls in Atal’dazar. Serpent Sting and Wildfire Bomb don’t quite fill that space -- applying Serpent Sting to more than ~3 enemies (without Hydra’s Bite) is often more frustrating than it is fun, and Wildfire Bomb’s cooldown prevents it from being “the AoE button”.

Survival has a variety of AoE tools through talents, and Carve should add a better foundation for those talents to build around. By reducing Wildfire Bomb’s cooldown it gives you enough to do that spreading Serpent Stings to numerous targets is far less necessary. It also interacts strongly with the Guerilla Tactics talent, so all of the level 30 talents have a similar level of impact on how you AoE. The short cooldown is there so that your AOE rotation becomes weaving in your other buttons – Serpent Sting, Kill Command, Wildfire Bomb, etc – in between Carves, instead of just pushing it repeatedly.

Separately, we have a quality-of-life change for Hydra’s Bite that will arrive in an upcoming build. With Hydra’s Bite talented, Serpent Sting will prefer to select additional nearby targets that are not already affected by Serpent Sting. This should make it far less frustrating to try to apply Serpent Sting to a whole pack of mobs.

Again, we’re still iterating on the specifics of Carve, and we greatly appreciate your feedback on how this version plays. Thank you!

Thank you very much for some communication. And this idea for Cavre sounds like it could actually be the right one honestly. It fits the bill for allowing more WB, which is one of our coolest abilities by far, but isn’t a spam version of carve which allows for some nice weaving. Great job here!

If you could look into Mongoose bites damage soon that’d be great. It’s still a dps loss taking the talent VS taking no talent on the row iirc.
Greetings, travelers!

Carve:
up to 5.

this is good ty.
With Hydra’s Bite talented, Serpent Sting will prefer to select additional nearby targets that are not already affected by Serpent Sting.
This is fantastic, and exactly what we've been asking for. Thank you ♥
By reducing Wildfire Bomb’s cooldown it gives you enough to do that spreading Serpent Stings to numerous targets is far less necessary. It also interacts strongly with the Guerilla Tactics talent, so all of the level 30 talents have a similar level of impact on how you AoE.
Any further details to give in this department?
The short cooldown is there so that your AOE rotation becomes weaving in your other buttons – Serpent Sting, Kill Command, Wildfire Bomb, etc – in between Carves, instead of just pushing it repeatedly.
I agree with this. We didn't need a spamable ability, just a baseline AoE that the others can work around.

Any news on Wildfire Bomb? The mechanics behind the cone effect can be quite frustrating in a gameplay point of view.

Also, the Flanking Strike talent is underwhelming, and would love to see an early Alpha iteration where it replaced Kill Command, along with a synergy of extra damage while in melee. I was extremely excited for this ability to the point of hoping it'd replace the confuse thematic of Kill Command. Would love to hear your thoughts, and the general consensus on this particular point.

That's truly fantastic news for the spec and fills an extremely weak area. Thank you for the info Solanis.

I'm really happy and amazed that you took mine and others suggestion on this.
06/06/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Whülfgar
If you could look into Mongoose bites damage soon that’d be great. It’s still a dps loss taking the talent VS taking no talent on the row iirc.
I do think it's missing Rank 2 of Raptor Strike when considering the damage output. On another note for Mongoose Bite, which I'd love to see on other abilities:

On live, the Mongoose Bite animation switched as we progressed through higher fury stacks. I'd love to see this return along with similar effects of the Tip of the Spear talent ♥
06/06/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Rockford
I do think it's missing Rank 2 of Raptor Strike when considering the damage output. On another note for Mongoose Bite, which I'd love to see on other abilities:

On live, the Mongoose Bite animation switched as we progressed through higher fury stacks. I'd love to see this return along with similar effects of the Tip of the Spear talent ♥

You’re correct. I just wasn’t being specific enough why it’s damage was low. But yes a fix for it is needed and the animation from live would be great for it as well.
Butchery should have been BASELINE with Carve as a talent replacement.
Any chance we could get the 2 KC charges moved baseline? Every other spec with an ability like that has 2 without talenting.
Though KC procs on itself, the 2 charges does make the gameplay substantially more enjoyable.
06/06/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Corgull
Butchery should have been BASELINE with Carve as a talent replacement.

Who cares. This is a great fix. Your complaint is unwarranted at this point.
These are really awesome changes. The hydra bite one is fantastic. Overall really really happy carve is coming back.
BASELINE CARVE. POG

also this. please. this.

I wanna mongoose. The window is fun. Please fix damage. xoxo <3
Nice improvement, and a great fix.

Now all i need is Legion Flanking Strike to be back in some form. Either become the baseline generator with Kill Command as talent replacement, or even as talent replacing Kill Command.

Just scrap that 'Flanking Strike' talent which is a mockery to what we have on live.

For all i care, that 'leap attack' talent can be much better done by having Terms of Engagement also giving us 2 charge of Harpoon, while make the cooldown reset baseline.

Guerilla Tactics is giving WfB 2 charges, on top of extra 100% damage. I don't see why can't Terms of Engagement do something similar.