Please Bring Back The Skulls

General Discussion
According to sites like Wowhead, the new Shadow Bolt and Chaos Bolt animations no longer include skulls.

I like skulls.

Please bring back the skulls.
Idk dude like
The new warlock animations are sick
It'll probably be my main dps through BfA
05/01/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Rytilux
Idk dude like
The new warlock animations are sick
It'll probably be my main dps through BfA

The effects are nice, but they lack skulls.

Just add new skulls to the new effects :D
If I can't throw screaming skulls at people, then why even be a warlock? What's even the point?
05/01/2018 08:10 PMPosted by Xhal
If I can't throw screaming skulls at people, then why even be a warlock? What's even the point?

This makes me hopeful.

I too would like more skulls for warlocks. My first ever main was an undead warlock that threw around black skulls at enemies, that was the height of my warlock back in the day.
I definitely don't like the new Chaos Bolt animation as much as the old one. It's just a featureless green blob now, rather than a skull that moves through the air just slowly enough to let the target notice you launched an actual bolt of death their way.

Shadowbolt was one of those cubes they use when a graphic or model isn't in the game last I looked, so not sure what the new one looks like.
Skullz!
I'm sorry, we had to remove those skulls for use in the skull throne.
05/01/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Nixxea
I definitely don't like the new Chaos Bolt animation as much as the old one. It's just a featureless green blob now, rather than a skull that moves through the air just slowly enough to let the target notice you launched an actual bolt of death their way.

Shadowbolt was one of those cubes they use when a graphic or model isn't in the game last I looked, so not sure what the new one looks like.

The new Shadow Bolt kinda looks like the new Chaos Bolt, but it's purple and a lot smaller.
05/01/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Mortis
According to sites like Wowhead, the new Shadow Bolt and Chaos Bolt animations no longer include skulls.

I like skulls.

As someone that has played as a Warlock since patch 1.2, I am glad to see the spell animations finally being updated.

Chaos bolt, resembling a clunky dragon's head, made no sense and it looks much better now. The only thing I would change is the projectile arc, as it currently looks like there is no projectile arc. If it were up to me, I would add a light arc to the projectile. Not anything as significant as the old arc though.

Shadowbolt would be fine if they made the projectile completely shadowy but have it somewhat resemble the shape of a skull. However, as it currently stands, the ethereal skull surrounded by shadow essence looks grievously outdated and needs to go.

Opinion, of course.
05/01/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Ebonscowl
Chaos bolt, resembling a clunky dragon's head, made no sense and it looks much better now.

It was supposed to be a Demon skull, not a Dragon skull.

And it made sense because Chaos = Fel -> Demon.
05/01/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Mortis

I like skulls.

All your skulls are belong to us.

- Ebon Blade

05/01/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Korojin
I'm sorry, we had to remove those skulls for use in the skull throne.

This is a poor excuse for your calcium deficiency.
China doesn't allow skulls, sorry.
This thread needs more skulls.
05/01/2018 10:56 PMPosted by Reactorfour
This thread needs more skulls.

Yes, it does.
Are we the baddies?
*looks at all the warlocks and shakes her head*

Man, ‘locks. Always playing head games.
thing is warlocks have no connection to skulls :|

CB should of been a mass of black/purple and green energies fighting to overtake the other in flight.

SB should be a shadowy black with purple mass of energy.
Someone has a fetish for Khorne.
I'd like donate my own skull to the cause