Is Mia Greymane gonna die?

Story Forum
05/01/2018 08:11 PMPosted by Tyrathius
Honestly, I suspect she's dying to counter the notion that Sylvanas' crimes against Greymane are "in the past" and he needs to "get over it" because peace was made for a couple years after it happened.

Seems to be a relatively common defense for Sylvanas fans. Blizz probably didn't like it.

Honestly that's probably the most likely reason than anything.
05/01/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Jerrod
So Malfurion doesn't think peace is possible while Sylvanas lives, Genn's gonna lose his wife in this newest war against Sylvanas and definitely won't settle for peace... Just how many hints do we need that she's going to die before Blizzard is done beating us over the head with it?

She's not going to die. Zeratul, I mean Vol'jin... Vol'jin is going to reveal that the Overmind was actually noble soul who infested Kerriga- that Arthas was a noble soul who turned Sylvanas to fight a greater looming evil. Sylvanas is going to accept the gift of the Naaru and become a goddess and save Azeroth. Then at the end we'll see Lorthemar drinking alone at the tavern, Sylvanas will appear as a normal blood elf again. She'll smile flirtaciously and ask him if he's ready to go.
05/01/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Azsharin
05/01/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Jerrod
The Gilneans live in Teldrassil.

Yeah, about that Teldrassil thing. I'm going to have to ask you to have a seat.

Which is why I said he might still have his people. They might also have all died in a bonfire along with the elves.
Genn stint in Kul Tiras doesnt make any mention of it/he doesnt seem angrier. I expect Genn will end up preforming a last ditch rescue.
So Malfurion doesn't think peace is possible while Sylvanas lives, Genn's gonna lose his wife in this newest war against Sylvanas and definitely won't settle for peace... Just how many hints do we need that she's going to die before Blizzard is done beating us over the head with it?

As many as we need for her fans to come to terms with their goddess queen dying.

Kyahaha!

Real question is how livid we'll be when she's redeemed.
Genn attacked Sylvanas over and over and over and over...so this is the price one pays for that.

"Sylvanas kills alliance characters, so she'll be turned into a raid boss."

You people are hilarious.
Poor Genn... he lost his son and now his wife?
05/02/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Artanu

She's also killing Horde npcs.
05/02/2018 08:18 AMPosted by Gethrian
05/02/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Artanu

She's also killing Horde npcs.

B-but muh pragmatism! Evil is just a point of view!
05/02/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Balesong
Poor Genn... he lost his son and now his wife?

Wait til Bolvar turns them into Death Knights.

Maybe.

I hope.

...I just want DK's to be important again :(
Weren't there datamined soundfiles a while back of worgen soldiers in BfA shouting "Vengence for Greymane". So yeah, she probably dies.
To be honest, I would be curious what impact such an event might have on Tess. For all his determination and rage I actually think Genn might be less of a threat than Tess. Tess is smart and isn't likely to take you head on. She is more likely to stab you where it hurts and where your not expecting. She is a high level rogue after all.

Plus she had access to the RAS for a time at least. She could have all kinds of nasty tricks squirreled away for a rainy day.
05/02/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Syriyna
To be honest, I would be curious what impact such an event might have on Tess. For all his determination and rage I actually think Genn might be less of a threat than Tess. Tess is smart and isn't likely to take you head on. She is more likely to stab you where it hurts and where your not expecting. She is a high level rogue after all.

Plus she had access to the RAS for a time at least. She could have all kinds of nasty tricks squirreled away for a rainy day.

That's a really strange note, she was working with RAS in the uncrowned right? Faranell, the leader of the RAS, the creator of the blight... I would think if she was vengeful he would be public enemy #1. Even in the vision Sylvanas had, where the forsaken were wiped, out he was still up for blighting the worgen.
05/02/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Syriyna

I'm half convinced they're going to paint her as apathetic to the Horde. Otherwise why didn't she join her father?
05/02/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Revivable
"I saved her for you!" - The Deathlord, discussing his new Abomination.
Hard to know how to read contextless datamined broadcast text. With these sorts of things there's always a chance it never makes it into the game, a chance all of this happens in some sort of vision sequence, and a chance the context of the scene completely changes the how we see it.

The fact Mia herself doesn't seem to have any dialogue makes me lean towards the "vision sequence" interpretation.

For the record however, I will note the rather extreme level of dissonance between what Blizzard says about Sylvanas and what's actually showing up in game and supplemental material. Sure maybe there's some additional nuance that moves the needle a bit towards the Alliance as far as the overall blame goes, but I'm having a hard time imagining less than 80 percent of the blame falling on the Horde and mostly on Sylvanas specifically.
05/02/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Falrinn
For the record however, I will note the rather extreme level of dissonance between what Blizzard says about Sylvanas and what's actually showing up in game and supplemental material. Sure maybe there's some additional nuance that moves the needle a bit towards the Alliance as far as the overall blame goes, but I'm having a hard time imagining less than 80 percent of the blame falling on the Horde and mostly on Sylvanas specifically.
What do you mean? There's nothing but morally grey pragmatism with her plan of "Burn down Ashenvale, use an azerite bomb to burn a world tree, and decapitate the Alliance to end a war by starting a war." She's a genius tactician.
05/02/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
05/02/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Revivable
"I saved her for you!" - The Deathlord, discussing his new Abomination.

He can send all his complaints to Bolvar if he has a problem with it, he enabled me.

He enables all of us.