Green Fire Questline 7.3.5 scaling

Warlock
Has anyone tried the Kanrethad fight of the Green Fire chain since world scaling was introduced?

More specifically has anyone completed succeeded at that fight at around level 90-95? You know the level that it's "intended" to be completed at.

I've been wiping on that fight for about an hour or so now, I know it's supposed to be hard and require very specific tactics, which I've been doing btw. But I've never gotten him below 50% HP.

To give you an idea, at 93 he's got 2.4 million HP. I can pull around 6-8k dps single target when I don't have to move. That usually puts me at first or second on dps meters in dungeons too. Even if I could just stand there and freecast I'd still be cutting it pretty close on the 7min fight timer. Throw in the fact that you need to run all over the place to los, aoe imps, banishes and whatnot it feels almost impossible to complete.

I feel like they really messed up the scaling for that fight.
If Blizzard scaled it properly, then I bet the difficulty is about right if not slightly easier. It could be pretty hard with leveling gear at a level relatively close to the level it was intended for, cause I remember being at least 550 ilvl from PvP gear at the time. Warlocks also lost a lot of abilities that might make the fight more difficult, I think there was a mechanic where fel flame was useful?

When it came out, the majority of players couldn't even complete it. I wiped about 50 times, iirc. 6+ hours of wiping to him. I'm pretty ok with it still being unrealistically difficult, cause it really was on release
the problem with this fight is that it suffers more from mechanical changes to dest/demo than it does to the new scaling system. back when this was relevant destruction had a ton of self healing/movement/ability to interrupt a target and dispel themselves all on top of 1/2 the cd on demonic gateway and more effective healthstones.

at this point only affliction has any chance of surviving this encounter at lower levels because it is the only one that can live through the ticking damage from dot occasional hit from his cast and keep health up at an acceptable level.

in other words its not the scaling that's the issue, its how all 3 of our specs have changed over time. back when this was relevant content it was not uncommon to bring a potion to dispel that instant kill debuff so that you could get the 5 or so more minutes needed to kill the boss.

just for a bit of info this is all your missing from destruction that we had in mop

Burning Embers
Flames of Xoroth(rez pet)
baseline burning rush
baseline backdraft
baseline fire and brimstone
immolate being able to be spread by fire and brimstone
chaos bolts that did around 2.5x more base damage
fel flame
mana cost driven rain of fire
chaotic energy(replaced lifetap gave a high mana regen for dest so they never had to sac health for mana)
baseline demonic teleport
1/2 the cd on using a demonic gateway
baseline Soul Harvest
kiljadens cunning talent (allowed casting of incinerate on the move at no penalty)
05/03/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Languish
If Blizzard scaled it properly, then I bet the difficulty is about right if not slightly easier. It could be pretty hard with leveling gear at a level relatively close to the level it was intended for, cause I remember being at least 550 ilvl from PvP gear at the time. Warlocks also lost a lot of abilities that might make the fight more difficult, I think there was a mechanic where fel flame was useful?

When it came out, the majority of players couldn't even complete it. I wiped about 50 times, iirc. 6+ hours of wiping to him. I'm pretty ok with it still being unrealistically difficult, cause it really was on release

no when this was current content it was balanced for between 463-496. past 540 or so and you could literally skip all mechanics because of how stupid scaling was in mop.
TBH the fight wasnt really about ilvl.

Unlike the MT that forced specific requirmnts the green fire fight was more mechanical. That is how peopel beat it with so varying gear lvls back then.

but yeah mroe than any ilvl/scaling id be more worried about the remvoed mechancis we had for it back then.

but again there isnt a FoS anymore or title so juts hit lvl cap and cheese it?
The fight was essentially about knowing how to LoS, Demon Command, and gear. It was faceroll in ToT or SoO heroic gear
Twistedshade has it right with the fact that we're missing so much utility that we had back in MoP.

05/04/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Flamelock
The fight was essentially about knowing how to LoS, Demon Command, and gear. It was faceroll in ToT or SoO heroic gear

Must be a little harder than that or you would've completed it....
05/04/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Bots
Twistedshade has it right with the fact that we're missing so much utility that we had back in MoP.

Burn
05/04/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Bots

They have the title though? So they clearly completed it at some point when it was current, even if it was on an alt.
This is completely stupid and a waste of time now, I did everything I was supposed to at the right level for quest and lore to do it. He just one shots you with a 3k tick agony, one shots you with a 12k chaos bolt, one shots you with soulfire, one shots you with aoe, calls 100 imps, doesn't start fight with pit lord you can control demon on. I'm always tops on the meters, know my class in and out and have researched this fight to death and know exactly what to do in every situation. This is utterly and completely a waste of time until max level. I wish Blizz would have some kind of content before max level (a big journey, RP incentive, don't be bored till max level, learn your class as you level instead of face roll...etc.) I feel until max level all I'm doing is either face rolling on keyboard for victory or hitting brick walls that are literally impassible that I was supposed to do at this level or quest, not just this green fire quest but overall this is my experience with wow. Just boring nothing face roll or get smashed with no hope until max level.[u][/u]
I honestly don't remember the mechanics that much except the wipes I remember all of them
08/09/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Ripley
I honestly don't remember the mechanics that much except the wipes I remember all of them

Mechanics don't matter, it's either face roll on keyboard to win or it's just not going to happen for ya until max level when you come back and face roll on your keyboard to win. There is no appropriate content for anything in WoW any more other than whatever is max level. Even other quests you are supposed to do for class or just your level have been ruined and are either brick wall can't do it until max now or face roll on your keyboard to win.
I did it 5 hours ago with a lvl 110 toon and he had 500k HP, weird indeed
08/09/2018 11:48 PMPosted by Hitchens
Mechanics don't matter, it's either face roll on keyboard to win or it's just not going to happen for ya until max level when you come back and face roll on your keyboard to win. There is no appropriate content for anything in WoW any more other than whatever is max level. Even other quests you are supposed to do for class or just your level have been ruined and are either brick wall can't do it until max now or face roll on your keyboard to win.

The green fire quest line is a special case in comparison to other quests you might try to mention. Blizzard has never attempted something so complex as that quest line and the mage towers are little more than shadows of it. As Twistedshade stated in her post above, Blizzard designed THAT FIGHT, with every single bit of what Shade listed as well as MoP stats.

Blizzard could have just removed the quest entirely, instead they kept it in for people to do in the future and continued to update it more than any other past expansion quest to date, more than we had any right to. So the fact you're not fighting Kanrethad Ebonlocke at his original 31.4m health pool should make you happy that the quest can still be completed lol.
05/03/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Twistedshade

just for a bit of info this is all your missing from destruction that we had in mop

Burning Embers
Flames of Xoroth(rez pet)
baseline burning rush
baseline backdraft
baseline fire and brimstone
immolate being able to be spread by fire and brimstone
chaos bolts that did around 2.5x more base damage
fel flame
mana cost driven rain of fire
chaotic energy(replaced lifetap gave a high mana regen for dest so they never had to sac health for mana)
baseline demonic teleport
1/2 the cd on using a demonic gateway
baseline Soul Harvest
kiljadens cunning talent (allowed casting of incinerate on the move at no penalty)

Exactly this. Warlocks were basically able to cast anything on the move. Couple that with a bunch of baseline abilities/passives, they had a different toolkit. Whether or not its better than what we have now is another thing.

But the game has changed to much since MoP, and it keeps changing every expansion, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that doing old content whose mechanics were based on old toolkits will not work as intended. You then get a bunch of cry babies who want to get the "Black Harvest" achievement and title today because they didn't get it back then, for the same exact reason mage-tower isn't a thing anymore.

To any Warlock trying to get the green fire done, just get to max level and breeze through it then, instead of wasting time wiping on it when you could have just been leveling.
i got green fire before they made it a title and then stopped playing and now blizzurd wont give it to me, even tho I'm OG Black Harvest. W/e. Fkin nerds.
08/10/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Gurthy
i got green fire before they made it a title and then stopped playing and now blizzurd wont give it to me, even tho I'm OG Black Harvest. W/e. Fkin nerds.

no u didnt because they gave everyone who had completed it up until a certain date the title
08/10/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Mouse
08/10/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Gurthy

no u didnt because they gave everyone who had completed it up until a certain date the title

you had to log in sometime between last patch of SoO(when title was introduced) and WoD launch to get the title iirc otherwise you were not awarded the title.
and i didnt play for a few years, so i did not login and thus no green fire. I submitted a ticket and they told me lol sorry cant help cuz u didn't talk to us soon enough.

I don't get the title literally because i didnt contact blizzard within 3 months of reactivating my account so they could validate that i had green fire already when i came back, despite having not played for the entirety of warlords.

Edit. But yes that !@#$ was insane hard, and it sucks that they put so much thought into the encounter and then %^-* all over it with the following expansions. Faceroll it at 110, bud.
It doesn't help that the Fel Flame Breath doesn't appear to be dispelling at times any more. I have a macro for it. I could see it on the combat log hitting me. But, no dispel. Agony and everything else is still on me, and kills me. Meh.