Horde Say'layn

Story Forum
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
Amusing that in General, there's now a new push for High Elves based on "HORDE CAN HAVE SAYAN, AND ALLIANCE GETS HIGH ELVES! OBVIOUSLY THIS IS WHAT BLIZZ IS DOING".

Darkfallen males just look like zombie BEs, no one wants that.
05/02/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
Say'layn are just red-eyed Void Elves. If you want them, go Alliance.

:(
05/02/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Gethrian

Have you looked at their model recently? They look like BE Death Knights..who had someone barf on their face and gave them the pox. They do not look good.
05/02/2018 08:23 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
05/02/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Gethrian

Have you looked at their model recently? They look like BE Death Knights..who had someone barf on their face and gave them the pox. They do not look good.
BfA San'layn NPC models aren't in game yet, though? i expect them to be added into game with Vol'dun questline becomes available on beta. It'll probably be bit modified models if it's going to be playable.
05/02/2018 06:30 AMPosted by Murdra
So when does the Horde rename themselves the New Scourge?

No no no. You don't get it at all. It has to have Horde in the name. So Scourge Horde or Undead Horde or something like that. After all its been a whole expansion since we had another Horde spinoff.
05/01/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Rokugan
I'd much rather have undead, Dark Ranger-esque Undead Elves than San'layn. That just seems like a huge reach.

I rather not have any other elves. Fix the goblins and worgen. Add other creature races other than orcs and humans.
05/02/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Syriyna

No no no. You don't get it at all. It has to have Horde in the name. So Scourge Horde or Undead Horde or something like that. After all its been a whole expansion since we had another Horde spinoff.

Death Horde is appropriately edgy.

Nah, it'll be Saurfangs "Honorable Horde" against Sylvanas' "Pragmatic Horde" for BfA
05/02/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Imerus
Say'layn are just red-eyed Void Elves. If you want them, go Alliance.

I'm pretty sure san'layn are literally just blood elf death knights. Like, you can already perfectly replicate them with one of three blood elf DK skins.
Amusing that in General, there's now a new push for High Elves based on "HORDE CAN HAVE SAYAN, AND ALLIANCE GETS HIGH ELVES! OBVIOUSLY THIS IS WHAT BLIZZ IS DOING".

If Horde get San’layn then Alliance will be getting Vyk’rul. This way both factions get something they have been asking for years.
05/02/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Meldaea
05/02/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Imerus
... Say'layn are just red-eyed Void Elves. If you want them, go Alliance.

I'm pretty sure san'layn are literally just blood elf death knights. Like, you can already perfectly replicate them with one of three blood elf DK skins.

While a blood elf dk could be a San’layn, not all San’layn are DKs.
05/02/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Gethrian

Ebon Horde vs. Argent Alliance
05/02/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Shippyship
05/02/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Gethrian

Ebon Horde vs. Argent Alliance

Dks stole Koltira though. Kinda burned that bridge.
While I don;t really want them to be a allied race, I am completely cool with the San'layn joining the Horde.

They're Blood Elves. They're Undead. The Blood Elves and the Undead are in the Horde. It makes perfect sense.

Give them the same status as those Ogre's out in Dustwallow Marsh and bring them in to occasionally hunt Worgen and we got ourselves some interesting story opportunities.
05/02/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Mustakraken
Give them the same status as those Ogre's out in Dustwallow Marsh and bring them in to occasionally hunt Worgen and we got ourselves some interesting story opportunities.

Hunting Worgen alongside Ogres would be pretty good setup for some good shenanigans as well.
Please Blizzard give me more playable elves
Did Malkorok want to bang Garrosh?

Probably with how much he worshipped him... Orc fellas are just "that" kind.

Doubt it since he and Sylvanas have apparently already struck some sort of deal.

I´m not positive at all regarding this considering the huge villain beating that Sylvie is gonna take.

05/01/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Azsharin
Before the Storm will seal the deal for a lot of people with regards to "Expansion villain" or not. I'd say we should put a pin on this discussion until it comes out.

Fair enough, though the leaked intro already works against "not evuuulll Sylvanas"... courtesy of Christie "Anduin fangirl" Golden btw.
05/01/2018 10:34 PMPosted by Skytotem
05/01/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Emhazarde
San'layn are High Elves, so No

They're literally Kael's dead Blood Elves from his attack in TFT

According to Ion, Blood Elves = High Elves
05/02/2018 11:04 PMPosted by Verlir
According to Ion, Blood Elves = High Elves

Blood Elves are politically opinionated and slightly fel-corrupted High Elves.
San'layn are undead creatures risen with a taste for blood, and had their own identity in the Scourge.
If they're really returning, then they should be considered to be similar to the Forsaken. Not only a political identity, but a race of their own.
Something far-removed from their original High Elven forms.