Why We Will Never Have High Elves

General Discussion
05/07/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Cyprinne
05/07/2018 10:12 PMPosted by Maeveh
Hello! There's already a mega-thread going on High Elves over here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20764006370?page=1

Most threads are being locked when it comes to High Elves to keep the forums clear. Even if you don't want High Elves, I encourage you to join the discussion with us! :)

Discussion?, The Pro Helf camp basically call every single person who is not on their side a Troll, and refuse to even debate, mixing the NO and the Pro Thread was a mistake.

not insta deleting all high elf threads was a mistake
05/07/2018 10:12 PMPosted by Maeveh
Hello! There's already a mega-thread going on High Elves over here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20764006370?page=1

Most threads are being locked when it comes to High Elves to keep the forums clear. Even if you don't want High Elves, I encourage you to join the discussion with us! :)

Discussion?, The Pro Helf camp basically call every single person who is not on their side a Troll, and refuse to even debate, mixing the NO and the Pro Thread was a mistake.

Try being friendlier.
05/07/2018 09:33 PMPosted by Arlindia
Void Elves were a preemptive strike on blizzards part to have an excuse to not give us High Elves, when allied races were announced they were in the premier showing of the first batch thus giving them an excuse to deny us High Elves.
it’s not just denying, it’s satisfying the demand for the bloodelf model.
We got holy elves and void elves contrasting each other. This is the direct response and result of Alliance wanting High Elves.
05/07/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Highelven
05/07/2018 09:33 PMPosted by Arlindia
Void Elves were a preemptive strike on blizzards part to have an excuse to not give us High Elves, when allied races were announced they were in the premier showing of the first batch thus giving them an excuse to deny us High Elves.
it’s not just denying, it’s satisfying the demand for the bloodelf model.
We got holy elves and void elves contrasting each other. This is the direct response and result of Alliance wanting High Elves.

We didn't want just merely the Blood Elf model, we wanted High Elves the allied race that has been with The Alliance since the beginning, the Silver Covenant has played a major role in Wrath,Pandaria, and Legion.

I mean they are already there on the Alliance, how is it that just making them playable all of the sudden contrast is required when they have been there all along playing major roles in nearly every expansion?
I don't believe ally high elves will be playable this expansion, but I wouldn't doubt that blizzard would pull every trick in the book to lure back players when wow is truly on its death bed. (One such trick being ally high elves)
05/07/2018 09:34 PMPosted by Quinzal
am i justified in reporting high elf threads as spam at this point?
Why not? I do. And to the more annoying ones, I quote the forum guidelines on spamming and post it in thread.
05/07/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Romanna
05/07/2018 09:34 PMPosted by Quinzal
am i justified in reporting high elf threads as spam at this point?
Why not? I do. And to the more annoying ones, I quote the forum guidelines on spamming and post it in thread.

it's pretty self evident that they are spam at this point. not a hard judgement call
We didn't want just merely the Blood Elf model, we wanted High Elves the allied race that has been with The Alliance since the beginning, the Silver Covenant has played a major role Wrath,Pandaria, Legion.
I will freely grant the pro-High Elf crowd this point. If they ever become playable, it should be as Alliance. And I can understand why Void Elves do not (pun intended) fill the void.

Give Void Elves all the lore in the world. Resurrect Tolkien to create a history for them if you want. The main point of most High Elf fans is that they wanted the thing that was already are represented.
05/07/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Húntrér
they would be too similar to introduce

Pandaren.

Your argument is invalid.
high elves already exist, I made a post about this, know your lore, they are called blood elves.

And now alliance has void elves (which are exiled blood elves, which are renamed high elves)

Literally high elves exist on both sides. Alliance needs to stop crying and get over it. Or go play warcraft 3 and learn a thing or 2.
05/07/2018 11:46 PMPosted by Omniwrath
high elves already exist, I made a post about this, know your lore, they are called blood elves.

And you made an incorrect post.

The two separate groups Quel'dorei and Sin'Dorei exist, the lore even acknowledges the difference between the two.

It was even a major story point in Suramar.

You can keep posting this false information, but you will continue to be corrected.

Literally high elves exist on both sides. Alliance needs to stop crying and get over it. Or go play warcraft 3 and learn a thing or 2.

They literally don't.

Silver covenant, Quel'dorei. Take your own advice and learn a thing or two.

These complaints are never going to stop. So settle in, it's gonna be a long LONG ride.

The thing is, I know that you are aware of this. You are playing the contrarian on purpose and no one is buying it. We will continue to fight this ridiculous meme.

And now alliance has void elves (which are exiled blood elves, which are renamed high elves)

Or you could play World of Warcraft and know that they aren't all Blood Elves.

Learn your lore!

You could try...

-NOT trolling?
-NOT repeating the same dullard "arguments" that have been run into the ground
-NOT race baiting!!!
and most importantly
-NOT acting like spoiled yuppie teenagers who want their mass-produced prom dress to be "unique"

Unfortunately, this IS every single one of you, because there is absolutely no good reason to protest unless you're an Alliance player that would rather have something else. And given that creativity is so bankrupt we're getting fat people as a new race, most of those people have unrealistic expectations.
05/07/2018 11:59 PMPosted by Lumineus

You could try...

-NOT trolling?
-NOT race baiting!!!
and most importantly
-NOT acting like spoiled yuppie teenagers who want their mass-produced prom dress to be "unique"

Unfortunately, this IS every single one of you, because there is absolutely no good reason to protest unless you're an Alliance player that would rather have something else. And given that creativity is so bankrupt we're getting fat people as a new race, most of those people have unrealistic expectations.

so it would be more creative to have another blood elf type modeled elf race on the alliance side...not really
The Pro Helf camp basically refuse to even debate

You could try...
ima just leave these two here
Reported for spam moving on.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
You could try...

-NOT trolling?
-NOT race baiting!!!
and most importantly

so it would be more creative to have another blood elf type modeled elf race on the alliance side...not really

Seeing as how high elves were in the game series first, and never left the Alliance or fed off demonic energies- unlike blood elves- it would be less creative not to make them playable. Especially given the kinds of warpaints, armor sets, and the like that concept artists have made for them.
05/08/2018 12:08 AMPosted by Cassima

Seeing as how high elves were in the game series first, and never left the Alliance or fed off demonic energies- unlike blood elves- it would be less creative not to make them playable. Especially given the kinds of warpaints, armor sets, and the like that artists have made.

that all makes it sound less creative to add them.

also they are already in the game anyway, just not playable
05/07/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Darkprøphet
Yea, showing ur ignorance here. Pandaren were made to be for both factions from the start, and Blizz said it was a mistake and would never do that again.

So, I keep seeing this claim, but my Google-fu is failing me. Can you please link me where they said this? Thanks!
05/08/2018 12:02 AMPosted by Húntrér

What I'm saying is that if they can't come up with something new that's actually good, then denying the old standbys on specious reasoning does them no favors. They're not going to add anything that can't wear armor or has a non-humanoid body type, or really, anything that can't be slapdashed together out of existing assets.