[A-RP] The Children of the Stars Discord

Moon Guard
“Darkness covered us in the beginning, and we could not see. We cried for guidance and the moon shone down bright upon us. Her soft light not only illuminated the night for us but also gave comfort. Her light touched us from within, enabling us to see even when the moon was not visible...”

What are the Children of the Stars?

The Children of the Stars (formerly known as the Kaldorei Intiative) is a project with the aim to bring together the Kaldorei roleplaying community both In-Character and Out-of-Character. It serves to offer an increased level of immersion as well as facilitate communication between both singular roleplayers and Kaldorei-based guilds. Another ambition is to allow a direct line to allies from different communities (such as Eastern Kingdom-based guilds) who are interested in taking part in Kaldorei-run events or invite us to their own stories.

The goal of such a project is to create a place all Night Elf roleplayers are welcome, no matter their skill, experience, or level of lore knowledge. A place to grow and learn, make new friends, and forge new inter-guild and player relationships for future roleplay and development of stories.

As a large discord devoted to the Night Elf roleplayers of Moon Guard, the Children of the Stars serves to represent the Kaldorei community fully. New and old Night Elf roleplayers alike are welcome as we are always looking to grow and hear insightful feedback to help improve the community and give back to the players that make it.

What does the Children of the Stars Discord offer?

• Player run community hub for Night Elf roleplayers: No set leaders – everyone has a voice.
  • Easily accessible resources to Kaldorei-specific lore, head-canons, and a safe place to discuss personal ideas and interpretation of lore.
  • Platform to advertise and explore Kaldorei centric guilds, events, campaigns, and holidays.
  • Guild Master and Officer channel for coordination of event ideas.
  • Media channels to show off character art, stories, and even personal sites & Tumblrs.
  • A direct line to Allies of the Kaldorei: non-Kaldorei players are invited to join the discord for ease of sharing server/community events or simply to find roleplay.
  • An active moderation team who strives to be part of the community, not the leaders and voice of it as a whole.

Resources & Important Links

Our Discord Link:
https://discord.gg/CTphjPr

Other useful links
Night elf RP guides:
Comprehensive Night Elf guide by Feyawen (WrA) https://silvercircle.shivtr.com/pages/nelf_RP
Maiev's Cooking Blog http://maievskitchen.tumblr.com/post/97274664788/pine-nut-bread

Allied Guilds and Organizations

Here is just a sample of the guilds you can see active, represented, and advertising within the CotS discord. Check out the player list & Advertisement channel to see even more!

• The Crescent Glaive
• The Shanaari
• Darnassus Sentinels
• Umbra Vanguard
• Song of Nightfall
• Hundred Glaives
• Will of Elune
...and more!

We even have some non-Kaldorei centric guilds represented here who are welcomed as friends and allies. You are welcome to contact these represented guilds for events; they may invite the Kaldorei roleplayers to their events and campaigns, and so much more! Here are just a few:

• Blades of Greymane
• The First Regiment
• Might of the Alliance
• Shadowtalon Company
• Ravenshroud
...and more!
I'm very please to work with Children of the Stars, although my opinion is obviously rather biased. To many more years of our blooming.
It's been about a year since the idea of this was first proposed, and it's amazing to see how it's grown and brought people together! I've met so many different and interesting people through this community group that I don't think I ever would have without it. I know that for some it has seemed like the Kaldorei community has been fragmented over the years, and even I felt that for a while. But if that ever was the case, it certainly no longer is.

There are many great people in this community. I hope to see the Children of the Stars continue expanding and providing a social haven for new and old Night Elf roleplayers alike!
05/08/2018 10:03 AMPosted by Sillena
I know that for some it has seemed like the Kaldorei community has been fragmented over the years, and even I felt that for a while. But if that ever was the case, it certainly no longer is.

And it's been a beautiful thing watching it blossom into what it is now. I'm glad I've been able to be apart of it, too.

If you've been hesitant on starting a night elf character, or haven't been able to get an idea off the ground, maybe now's the time to come join us on Discord and get some ideas across? We have so many brilliant writers there!

Hope to see you soon.
Please remove Dor'Serrar off the list of participating guilds. While individuals may participate, the overwhelming majority no longer wish to. Thank you.
05/11/2018 01:20 AMPosted by Astahra
Please remove Dor'Serrar off the list of participating guilds. While individuals may participate, the overwhelming majority no longer wish to. Thank you.

Sure thing, Astahra. Thanks for letting us know!
05/11/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Izuki
05/11/2018 01:20 AMPosted by Astahra

Sure thing, Astahra. Thanks for letting us know!

No problem! Wish you guys all the best in your RP <3
As part of a guild that's going to be quite viciously anti-Kaldorei, any chance I could sneak into the discord for the prospect of cross faction rp, and perhaps rp-pvp on a smaller scale?
05/11/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Rekfar
As part of a guild that's going to be quite viciously anti-Kaldorei, any chance I could sneak into the discord for the prospect of cross faction rp, and perhaps rp-pvp on a smaller scale?

Definitely! Please join, it'd be great to foster some cross-faction RP and some delicious rp-pvp.
05/11/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Izuki
05/11/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Rekfar

Definitely! Please join, it'd be great to foster some cross-faction RP and some delicious rp-pvp.

We have a rank specifically for non-kaldorei folks to help facilitate RP! <3 Look forward to seeing you around.
Tonight we have our Casual RP night in Darnassus, starting at 5pm sever time! Whether or not you are Kaldorei, feel free to join us, we'd love to have you.
The people who run this are pretty incredible. Would recommend!
05/12/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Miraysha
The people who run this are pretty incredible. Would recommend!

Thank you so much! <3 :D
Last night I had the pleasure of providing a blessing for two newborn Kaldorei twins belonging to Anthea Frostmoon and Dontael Vipersong of Modan Co! I've been roleplaying as a Priestess of the Moon and writing blessings, prayers and hymns for a very long time – but this was a rewarding first for me! It's even inspired me to pick back up a compilation of my Priestess works I'd begun (and lost) some time ago.

I'm so glad Anthea found me through the discord to do this - thank you so much for allowing me to, Anthea!

That being said, if anyone is ever in need of a Kaldorei Priestess – be it for prayers, blessings, ceremonies, or to smite some foes with blessed arrows and the moon's fury – feel free to message me or ask around in the Discord!
Shadows of Ashenvale grows closer! If you have not already, please contact me or another coordinator of the campaign to sign up!

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20764246247
This is cool. I've been seeing a couple of night elf RPers looking for a night elf guild! Now I have a place to direct them! :D
05/18/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Kaceys
This is cool. I've been seeing a couple of night elf RPers looking for a night elf guild! Now I have a place to direct them! :D

We'd be so grateful to have them in our discord! There's plenty of elf guilds to go around -- and connections to be made. :)
<Loud screaming.>