Have Night Elves lost their charm?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
05/06/2018 12:06 AMPosted by Zerde
I hope night elven(and forsaken) fans realize that the destruction of their capital is a GOOD thing. I expect in 2 expansions from now they will be given the Kul Tiras/zandalari treatment and will get a new capital.

OTOH they could end up getting the Worgen/Goblin treatment, which is less than stellar.
OTOH they could end up getting the Worgen/Goblin treatment, which is less than stellar.

Goblins actually got a decent deal, Bilgewater Harbor is a pseudo capital. Its the worgens that got the short end of that.
05/05/2018 09:51 PMPosted by Stealinggold
They are to different from warcraft 3 night elves which were superior in every way.

True, but that has been an issue since classic WoW, so it doesn't really explain any current population decreases. But on that note, WoW has taken a lot of "racial culture" from most of the races, not just Night Elves. Orcs are just bulky green Humans (and they aren't even naturally green, because they need to be even more Human). It seems to be the cost Blizzard was willing to pay to make them palatable to the average WoW player.

On a side note, WoW has also made me realize how much of a dumb idea these "super long lived" races really are. Gameplay and storywise they need to be in line with other races, but then we have racial supremacists (you know the ones) that get upset that they aren't head and shoulders better than the normal lifespan races.
05/06/2018 12:49 AMPosted by Zerde

Goblins actually got a decent deal, Bilgewater Harbor is a pseudo capital. Its the worgens that got the shirt end of that.

I actually agree with that, but after Cata Goblins have basically been the Horde version of Gnomes at best.

Worgen have gotten more decent showing lately, but that's after quite a few years of complete negligence and being irrelevant for 3 whole expansions. (Counting Cataclysm on this, Worgen representation in that expansion was miserable and you wouldn't know anything about the race unless you looked at outside material like comics and novels.)
This is why I main a Night Elf:

https://image.ibb.co/ngaihc/night_elf_huntress_by_ixtianart_d86l6w5.jpg

Also, where's this dude at?

http://classic.battle.net/war3/nightelf/buildings/treeofeternity.shtml

@Blizzard seriously guys can we get his final form in this fight? The Tree of Eternity needs to come back. Let him plant his woody buttocks right into the heart of Lordaeron after we fill it with dirt.

Some real sentinels would be great. I've been trying to name an owl "Sentinel" for twelve years and you haven't let me do it one flippin' time. Fine. In fact, I want to enlist. Let me do that.

And are we really going to give up the entire Kaldorei empire? I mean, is "The Horde" that strong? Reeeeeallly? Like, even Ashenvale? Hyjal? Feralas? Moonglade? Are we surrendering the Wintersabers too or did that even come up in the planning meeting?

Color me impressed (I don't believe it).
Still see Night Elves everywhere on my server, I honestly see more of them than I see Void Elves.
I actually agree with that, but after Cata Goblins have basically been the Horde version of Gnomes at best.

That is sort of their role. Goblins/gnomes were never top billing races and usually were on the side.
It's a good chance people see more void elves and Nightborne at times, because people are leveling them more for the heritage armor.

My Nightborne has been in the 30's for a couple of months now..That heritage armor really doesn't drive me that much..If I don't feel like leveling,I'm not..
Male night elves have such awful customization options.

Their body looks pretty lanky and all their hairstyles are hobo hairstyles.

95% of the male night elf faces look constipated or irritated.

Essentially, most of the male night elf options make them look like 50+ year old men while void elf males look youthful.
05/05/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Azuremi
I don't think being a deformed troll was ever cool.
Demon says what?
Pff, who needs Night Elves when you've got the new and improved model!

I mean...well...yes Lucifuge has sort of....ahem....tarnished our reputation a bit.... but don't worry! I'm here to fix it!
The male ones still need work, I have one and only one face option is even tolerable
05/06/2018 01:56 AMPosted by Amaer
05/05/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Azuremi
I don't think being a deformed troll was ever cool.
Demon says what?

Retcon demon to be specific.
If youve seen how night elves were in WC3 and then you see what has happened to us in WoW you'd say that blizz just doesn't know what to do or how to write us, in fact. in the burning of teldrassil scenario someone of the horde says something along the lines of "do not give them a night's rest"

Night's rest

to the night elves

blizz has no idea what night elves are.
I adore Night Elves. I have one whom I play as my Alliance main. I have two more I'm leveling and are over 100. Void Elves are cool and all, but they aren't Night Elf cool.
05/06/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Sundenna
blizz has no idea what night elves are.
i don't think they know who anyone in the alliance is except for humans
Difficult to keep their charm when all they did during WoW was butcher their lore, portray their characters poorly and just outright throw them in the mud, while kicking them in the head. And all for the sake of the Horde, so they could "be good peeps too" and have a chunk of Night Elves' cake.

There are a few improvements in their portrayal, imo, with a few things in BfA, but the entire expansion is about throwing Night Elves under the bus so they can focus on Humans 100% of the time.
05/06/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Wyspers
And are we really going to give up the entire Kaldorei empire? I mean, is "The Horde" that strong? Reeeeeallly? Like, even Ashenvale? Hyjal? Feralas? Moonglade? Are we surrendering the Wintersabers too or did that even come up in the planning meeting?

The way Blizzard thinks a bunch of Horde rogues can just appear in Ashenvale and execute Night Elf commanders like they're just a bunch of idiots sitting an office, waiting for someone to gut them from behind, shows how much they care about the concept. You don't ambush Night Elves in their forests... they ambush you. That's one of the main reasons Horde burn their trees. But, sure, let's keep with this notion that Night Elves are just like purple humans who happen to be in the middle of the woods, helplessly.

Best part is how worthless Malfurion is, no matter what he does.

Guess I should be thankful because they slapped some romance crap in that short-story...

And devs never had the decency of designing a single Night Elf set which we could wear. Funny how devs think only neutral NPCs are allowed to wear Warden armor, but actual Night Elves? Nahhhh. Just another evidence of how they think Night Elf players are some weird, disconnected type of Nelf that, for some reason, has nothing to do with the "real Nelves", who are allowed to wear proper Night Elf armor. But, what do I know? We definitely need another 329847 human armors based on Stormwind trash concept to go along with the other 3984723984729834723 already created in this game!
Their models and casting animations are atrocious .... especially the males.

In almost every fantasy novel or movie, elves are a beautiful and majestic race.

Night elf females models are ok but night elf males are anything but.

The models need refining and the casting animations improved before i’d Think about playing one.