Goblin Gliders?

General Discussion
Far as I know, I came across no words from Blizz about flying in the new areas in BfA... BUT apparently, there are lots of heights in the area meaning that a stockpile of Goblin Gliders is neccessary. Do we know FOR SURE they will work exactly like they have in the new xpac? Or that the mats that make them may be changed to make it far more costly/time consuming to acquire? OR that there may be some item one acquires IN the new areas to the same end goal (like the kite in WoD)?
Any News on this?
"necessary"

Word apparently has a different meaning these days than it did when I learned it.
It's one thing for our mounts to forget how to fly, that is dumb enough. But a glider forget how to, well, glide? Yeah no.
I have goblin gliders on all my chars just in case but most of them have some kind of slowfall mechanic build into the class. I hardly dented my stacks of gliders.
If the gods didn't want you to fly, glide, or float, then they would shoot your butt down!
There was a kite to acquire in legion too and it didn't negate the goblin gliders. They merely adjusted the cooldowns on each to keep us on the ground a little more.

They'll likely offer up another kite to acquire that will only be usable in BFA areas. The only way goblin gliders are ever going away is if they remove the recipe completely, but that would require re-working old content which I don't think they'll ever do again.
05/09/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Vaarnus
If the gods didn't want you to fly, glide, or float, then they would shoot your butt down!

And THIS is how they should "limit" flying in areas they'd really rather we didn't instead of practically removing flying every expansion and making us re-earn it over and over. Give the NPC adversaries the ability to shoot our butts out of the sky. If we want to risk it we better be able to dodge well in the air or we go splat. Oh yeah, that means when they shoot at us it isn't tracker ammunition but follows the regular laws of physics. If we move out of the way in time THEY MISS.
05/09/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Fobnop
It's one thing for our mounts to forget how to fly, that is dumb enough. But a glider forget how to, well, glide? Yeah no.

"Maybe the...uh... air works differently... in the ... yeah ok I got nothing... lets just go with Magic™ and be done with it." -Blizzard writers

Thunder Isle was about the last place I can think of with an explained reason why flying was a no go.... still didnt stop gliding though.
That one of the reasons they don't really like re-using old zones, 'eh?
Considering I'm an engineer, I'm never without a Golbin Glider.
Don't mages have slowfall?

And perhaps you should stock up on goblin gliders while you can, or get back to your garrison mine to send mats to your engineer alt, or befriend an engineer?
I for one can't wait for Blizzard to further beat the dead carcass of Engineering even more than they already have.
05/09/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Nereeza
Don't mages have slowfall?

And perhaps you should stock up on goblin gliders while you can, or get back to your garrison mine to send mats to your engineer alt, or befriend an engineer?
Goblin gliders are way more useful than slowfall.

Unlike slowfall, Goblin Gliders travel very fast horizontally and you can steer them in-flight. You can cross obstacles and reach places with them that you can't with just Slowfall.
05/06/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Brightbrown
Do we know FOR SURE they will work exactly like they have in the new xpac?

Blizzard has this annoying habit. They don't spend huge quantities of time telling us players the advanced details in advance. They make us wait until the release and find out for ourselves.

I don't like that. I understand why ("huge"), but I would enjoy things more if I could plan more.

The best you can do is test things on the Beta. There's no promise from Blizzard that things on the Beta will be the same as the release. But often they are.
gliders will stay same mats.
there is no "only in legion" use restriction (maybe only on the kite toy?)

your local (hopefully gnomish and not goblin) engineers will still keep you safe from gravity!
I haven't done everything in beta, but I have yet to encounter a point where leveling where I really wanted to have a goblin glider. The terrain is generally a lot flatter than Legion and more in line with older zones. While there are certainly some higher elevations, these tend to be large parts of the zone and not terribly useful for traveling from point A to point B unless you just happen to already be there.
05/09/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Mistwynd
Goblin gliders are way more useful than slowfall.

Unlike slowfall, Goblin Gliders travel very fast horizontally and you can steer them in-flight. You can cross obstacles and reach places with them that you can't with just Slowfall.

I'm aware of this - you still should go to your garrison and mine the ore for your engineer to craft the gliders and/or buy some gliders in advance of launch day when the gliders'll skyrocket in price if you don't want to craft your own.