General Discussion Lounge - #149

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
05/05/2018 09:34 PMPosted by Jörð
<decides to stop being lewd>
*dons Apron, Cincture, Card, Coif, Tunic, Scapular, Sleeves, Underskirts, Veil, Cross, Ring, Rosary*

Meh. I feel like a 12 year old...

Yeah, I know, but I looked back before I came in and I think they just went through a lewd wave. It needs a rest before any more starts.
05/05/2018 09:34 PMPosted by Selosse
When are the releasing the servers?

05/05/2018 09:34 PMPosted by Flaymmane
You'll get updates when you get them.

That's pretty much what they said like 2 QnAs ago.
05/05/2018 09:30 PMPosted by Aevelamue
so i'm sick of blizered neglecting the classic community!

They're not neglecting the classic community.

The classic "community" drove them off, so not they're just leaving them to fester and be terrible to each other.

well thats true but to be fair this community is equally as bad
the big difference is classic is a good game and retail is garbage
05/05/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Flaymmane
05/05/2018 09:34 PMPosted by Selosse
When are the releasing the servers?

That's pretty much what they said like 2 QnAs ago.

Oh, I thought it was confirmed that they are going to open some classic servers? Did that change?
05/05/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Faolana
It’s a cheap rip-off to try and make more money.

Well that's the thing, its not a rip-off. They aren't re-telling the same story but with a younger naruto-like, so far at least. Its like a worse version of Naruto, everything feels like an OC and everyone is mega superpowered at the start.

like boruto has literally every single powerful ability imaginable just starting out, and being taught by sasuke who's going to teach in the Chidori and whatever, and use gentle fist without byakugan, etc. Its like crazy that literally starting out he's already the most powerful person without any work whatsoever AND HE'S A TOTAL UNLIKABLE SELFISH LOUDMOUTH BRAT.

and seeing daddy naruto is just like Oh man I actually feel bad for this guy. Like at this point I'd rather just watch a series of daddy naruto doing paperwork for 700 episodes. Like I know you probably don't know what half the things I'm saying are unless you hate yourself and watched those 700 naruto episodes but its a big deal.

edit: Oh actually I got the perfect comparison. Baruto feels like Rey from Star Wars.
05/05/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Selosse
05/05/2018 09:34 PMPosted by Jörð
<decides to stop being lewd>
*dons Apron, Cincture, Card, Coif, Tunic, Scapular, Sleeves, Underskirts, Veil, Cross, Ring, Rosary*

Meh. I feel like a 12 year old...

Yeah, I know, but I looked back before I came in and I think they just went through a lewd wave. It needs a rest before any more starts.

There was a lewd wave, wasn't there? mea culpa, mea culpa, mea máxima culpa.
05/05/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Rorosu
05/05/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Faolana
It’s a cheap rip-off to try and make more money.

Well that's the thing, its not a rip-off. They aren't re-telling the same story but with a younger naruto-like, so far at least. Its like a worse version of Naruto, everything feels like an OC and everyone is mega superpowered at the start.

like boruto has literally every single powerful ability imaginable just starting out, and being taught by sasuke who's going to teach in the Chidori and whatever, and use gentle fist without byakugan, etc. Its like crazy that literally starting out he's already the most powerful person without any work whatsoever AND HE'S A TOTAL UNLIKABLE SELFISH LOUDMOUTH BRAT.

and seeing daddy naruto is just like Oh man I actually feel bad for this guy. Like at this point I'd rather just watch a series of daddy naruto doing paperwork for 700 episodes. Like I know you probably don't know what half the things I'm saying are unless you hate yourself and watched those 700 naruto episodes but its a big deal.

It’s a money-making idea. Take the son of Naruto, give him a similar name, and have the brat go down the sasuke path! Perfect plan, right?
05/05/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Jörð
05/05/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Selosse

There was a lewd wave, wasn't there? mea culpa, mea culpa, mea máxima culpa.

I can help with your un-lewdness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
05/05/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Aevelamue

That's quite the opinion you're parading as fact.

Vanilla and TBC were trash.
05/05/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Faolana
It’s a money-making idea. Take the son of Naruto, give him a similar name, and have the brat go down the sasuke path! Perfect plan, right?

Honestly that sounds like a better plot than what they got going now. If the main character turns evil because he has too much power and gets arrogant like Sasuke that'd at least be interesting.

but I hate myself and pretty much a masochist at this point so i'll keep watching so I can make fun of it. I mean Dragonball Super literally made a meme transformation into a real serious thing, so that's already been meme'd on.

05/05/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Flaymmane

Yeah wasn't TBC the expac that screwed the game up in huge ways lore-wise because of what it did to characters like Illy, Kael, and Vashj?
05/05/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Rorosu
Yeah wasn't TBC the expac that screwed the game up in huge ways lore-wise because of what it did to characters like Illy, Kael, and Vashj?

I'm not even talking about lore.

Have you seen the mess that was attunement? It's like a spiderweb just to unlock The battle for mount hyjal which is the worst raid in WoW's existence.
05/05/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Rorosu
05/05/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Faolana

Honestly that sounds like a better plot than what they got going now. If the main character turns evil because he has too much power and gets arrogant like Sasuke that'd at least be interesting.

but I hate myself and pretty much a masochist at this point so i'll keep watching so I can make fun of it. I mean Dragonball Super literally made a meme transformation into a real serious thing, so that's already been meme'd on.

Man, that sucks.
Don’t worry, we all secretly hate and love ourselves.

Tbh, I don’t even remember my questing experience when I did TBC content, i was too busy trying to level to remember. i joined back in WoD, so I wasn’t trying to do lore and stuff, just quick level.

That's quite the opinion you're parading as fact.

the most popular and successful era in the game is trash? k
05/05/2018 09:50 PMPosted by Flaymmane
I'm not even talking about lore.

Have you seen the mess that was attunement? It's like a spiderweb just to unlock The battle for mount hyjal which is the worst raid in WoW's existence.

no you don't understand. it took a lot of time and dedication to play the worst raid in the game, you casuals today wouldn't understand!

/s
05/05/2018 09:52 PMPosted by Aevelamue
the most popular and successful era in the game is trash? k

Uhhh, that was WotLK.

Period. You whining about classic doesn't change the fact that WotLK was the most popular, and best expac in wow, period. That's where the 11m number comes from. That's when it blew up. That was the pinnacle of wow. Not the garbage game design from 14 years ago.

05/05/2018 09:53 PMPosted by Rorosu
no you don't understand. it took a lot of time and dedication to play the worst raid in the game, you casuals today wouldn't understand!

*The person says without even completing LFR ABT*

They're not neglecting the classic community.

The classic "community" drove them off, so not they're just leaving them to fester and be terrible to each other.

well thats true but to be fair this community is equally as bad
Classic was a bug ridden game with content few and far between. Balance was entirely non-existent. What made the game good back then was the community. Now there's a lot of perks that we could only dream of back then.
05/05/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Alacialuun
Classic was a bug ridden game with content few and far between. Balance was entirely non-existent. What made the game good back then was the community. Now there's a lot of perks that we could only dream of back then.

And the "community" for it now is garbage and isn't worth spending time with.

They ran off blues, they made blizzard resentful of people who ask about classic in QnA's. "We're talking about Battle of Azeroth, not Classic."

The community for classic is a dumpster fire, so when classic does drop, it won't be the paradise everyone likes to pretend it was.
WotLK is where it started to go down hill in popularity i know this because i was there.......it piggybacked on the sheer epicness that was tbc
05/05/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Flaymmane
And the "community" for it now is garbage and isn't worth spending time with.

They ran off blues, they made blizzard resentful of people who ask about classic in QnA's. "We're talking about Battle of Azeroth, not Classic."

The community for classic is a dumpster fire, so when classic does drop, it won't be the paradise everyone likes to pretend it was.

Honestly, I don't really know why people want to go back to a certain era of a game that is final and won't be updated for an MMORPG that's dependent on gear progression. It feels like there would be nothing at all to look forward to or progress to. I mean if they gave it the Runescape 07 treatment where its still basically the same gameplay just with updates for quests and content I can get that.

Unless people are more like wanting it as a side activity and not their main game, that I can get.