Alliance High Elves Should be a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 39 Next
I support Alliance High Elves.
05/07/2018 11:19 PMPosted by Húntrér

they arent elves. slender humans with pointy ears dont exist or we'd be playing them .
you really havent been paying attention. you're just a mean person.

the point, if you really want to roleplay as yourself you can already do that in the game.

no if i wanted to roleplay as myself, i could make a female kul'tiran. just shorter and uglier. and missing a boob.

but i prefer to make a character that's better looking than me (well that aint too hard at this point), but anyway, i also like that beautiful contrast of the black skin with white hair. really pretty. would make one of those for sure.
05/07/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Adregore
lets make high elves black. Would you want them still if they were only black?

How does that make the Horde look? First you exiled the black elves, then you exiled the blue ones?
05/08/2018 12:20 AMPosted by Lumineus
05/07/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Adregore
lets make high elves black. Would you want them still if they were only black?

How does that make the Horde look? First you exiled the black elves, then you exiled the blue ones?

thats where my shipwrecked farstriders idea fixes all of this.

here goes

long before the scourge killed so many high elves, before the blood elves were named blood elves, 2 ships of farstriders, investigating the islands off the coast of quel'thalas, were swept out to deep sea by a storm, and shipwrecked on an island that at one time, belonged to the troll empire. it has an old delapidated pyramid on it and some buried caches of troll magic artifacts. on a wall of the pyramid are glyphs about how to mana tap the artifacts, which these particular trolls used like a mana potion. later, this is how illidan learns to do it and after increasing its effectiveness, teaches the blood elves to do same thing.

anyway, after countless generations of living on this island, with no access to the sunwell or ley lines of quel'thalas, they begin to change gradually so that they look like a combination of the high elves and the highborne (their appearance begins to revert). because they have to do alot of physical labor out in the sun, they become more medium to darker skin tones with white, soft blue, soft aqua, silver and black hair, with long hair and braids and asian beards, etc.

alliance ships discover them on this island and then they join the alliance and the silver covenant after learning of the scourge and events following. as a result, we have a pool of high elves to draw from that dont look identical to the silver covenant or blood elves, but have the pre-scourge history of the blood elves.
After reading through the newer posts I got to say you guys do have a lot of interesting ideas on how to get your high elves and I hope Blizzard does extend this thread like I saw on page one this seems to be the main thread with others being locked.
Supporting High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves for Alliance!
I support High Elves!
Allow the alliance to have high elves but they're all fat, like Kul-Tiras humans.
05/08/2018 01:07 AMPosted by Junknthtrunk
Allow the alliance to have high elves but they're all fat, like Kul-Tiras humans.

Not gonna argue with this. This is solid. Very solid.

05/08/2018 12:35 AMPosted by Legionkiller
After reading through the newer posts I got to say you guys do have a lot of interesting ideas on how to get your high elves and I hope Blizzard does extend this thread like I saw on page one this seems to be the main thread with others being locked.

I had this epic idea for magical time traveling golden dragon elves but it's just not going anywhere. I already signed merch agreements and everything.

Super bummed.
05/08/2018 01:09 AMPosted by Wyspers
05/08/2018 01:07 AMPosted by Junknthtrunk

05/08/2018 12:35 AMPosted by Legionkiller

I had this epic idea for magical time traveling golden dragon elves but it's just not going anywhere. I already signed merch agreements and everything.

Super bummed.

i liked my shipwrecked farstriders. they were never exiled cause nobody knew they were there. so the horde doesnt have to look like they exiled tanned/brown/black people. it develops the idea of braids being used by them, differently than high elves, highborne or blood elves, because when ya work out in the sun, you find ways to keep your hair restrained. they developed an unique culture, peculiar to their situation. they adapted. that's what sentient species do.
05/07/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Kaydewey
I see people praising void elfs. I see people wanting those KT human druids forms.

Just because nobody asked for it, doesn't mean it isn't great.
Being frank, Kul Tirans didn't need to be fat humans. They could have added a "Body type" tab to Stormwind humans, Kul Tiras humans and Worgen's human form so you can choose to be heavy, skinny, or Mr. Universe. You could still give Kul Tirans druids with their unique forms while also cashing in from paid customizations for the people that want to change their characters' body types.

Anyway, like always I'll show my support for the cause.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Super bummed.

i liked my shipwrecked farstriders. they were never exiled cause nobody knew they were there. so the horde doesnt have to look like they exiled tanned/brown/black people. it develops the idea of braids being used by them, differently than high elves, highborne or blood elves, because when ya work out in the sun, you find ways to keep your hair restrained. they developed an unique culture, peculiar to their situation. they adapted. that's what sentient species do.

Honestly I think if they can field champions at the Argent Tournament and an army against Elisande there's more High Elves ready for combat than Void Elves. Add your island and a few other population centers. Done.

If that's not enough, timewalking dragons. Then dragon tattoos.

05/08/2018 01:48 AMPosted by Bethla
Being frank, Kul Tirans didn't need to be fat humans. They could have added a "Body type" tab to Stormwind humans, Kul Tiras humans and Worgen's human form so you can choose to be heavy, skinny, or Mr. Universe.

They need to redo the character customization screen and it's options. This would simplify your character choices and customization routine. The allied races would become grey'd out tabs, unlocked upon completion of requirements. It would all rotate smoothly among different options including weight, muscle density, accessories, and so on. The more allied races you've unlocked and maybe some other things, the more options.

But "Human" will be one tab.

At this point adding "Quel'dorei" to that panel won't be an issue. The people who are so furious at the idea of High Elves will have much bigger problems by then.

Not that they clearly don't now.
05/07/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Celiastraz
Dropping in to voice my opinion that Alliance should not get High Elves as a playable race.

Blue eyes for Blood Elves please!

Don't you think that blue eyes for Blood Elves would be the ultimate kick to the nuts for High Elf fans?
I support playable High Elves for the Alliance. Always.

There is only a modest visual difference between current High Elf NPC models in the game and Blood Elf models, and I appreciate all the creativity and passion the community has channeled into brainstorming to make playable High Elves distinct, but personally I think it would have been far more interesting and perhaps poignant to see unmodified High Elves and Blood Elves go head-to-head in BfA. Brother vs. brother. Sister vs. sister. Just my $0.02. We’ll probably never know what could have been.

My sub is almost up. Keep fighting the good fight.
05/08/2018 03:14 AMPosted by Lorithyn
05/07/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Celiastraz
Dropping in to voice my opinion that Alliance should not get High Elves as a playable race.

Blue eyes for Blood Elves please!

Don't you think that blue eyes for Blood Elves would be the ultimate kick to the nuts for High Elf fans?

They do. Why do you think they're asking for it?
+1 for playable High Elves on the Alliance!

How about:

High Elves for the Alliance
San'layn for the Horde

Both sides would have two awesome additions :D And we'd have major potential for elf wars!
Add my support again please! :-)
05/08/2018 03:46 AMPosted by Pride

How about:

San'layn for the Horde

Both sides would have two awesome additions :D And we'd have major potential for elf wars!

Totally agree lol.
05/08/2018 03:46 AMPosted by Pride

How about:

San'layn for the Horde

How about stop trying to compromise with races per side?

Play a Blood Elf. To bad you hate Horde. I hate Alliance but have to play it for a gnome, dwarf, Worgen, etc.
No to High Elves being playable.