Alliance High Elves Should be a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 39 Next
05/08/2018 05:15 AMPosted by Darkprøphet
05/08/2018 05:12 AMPosted by Eranos
At this point, no support for playable High Elves from me. I support Blizzard sticking to their story. They probably have a plan for the High Elves (destruction, absorption, corruption) and can't release them as playable.

Thank you. Their arguments strength continues to wane. When Blizz finally tosses every last one of the 4 remaining High Elves left into a pit of the void for all eternity, it will officially seal the deal of Ions painfully simple answer of No.

Good riddance to High Elves. play a void/Blood elf if you wanna play a High elf.

you forgot the other option: unsub from the game because it's not a 2 faction game. it's a 1 faction game pretending just enough to be a 2 faction game, to keep people playing, UNTIL you find out, it's not. then all the things you've been going thru in game, suddenly make sense. and you pick up yer wallet, and hug the brave souls willing to put up with hateful people such as yourself, and walk.the.freak.away.

No that's not why but well noted how playing the victim makes some of you guys thrive.

Yea, it's not for that.

It's not so you can crap on High Elf players as the sole owners of Quel'dorei lore. It's not like you Blood Elf players have such an issue with High Elves that you've been spamming these forums since people started suggesting High Elves for the Alliance with your talk about how it "all belongs to Blood Elves" and explicitly denying lore, which exists in game, to end up with those conclusions. Yea, that's why you came here to say "Alliance should not get High Elves and WE should get blue eyes".

I don't think we are the ones playing the innocent victim here.

Couldn't have said it better. Also, well noted how hypocrisy makes some of the anti-helfers thrive.

05/08/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Celiastraz
And this is where the Alliance players will be in denial.

Sad.

The only thing sad here is the presumption that Blood Elves are the only thing keeping the Horde afloat.

05/08/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Celiastraz
No, definitely no Vampire elves for horde .....no more elves.

Said the Blood Elf.
05/07/2018 10:33 PMPosted by Darkprøphet
I would love to see all the pro high elf addicts on this thread after blood elves get the blue eyes option.

C'mon Ion, its time to put that final nail in the coffin for the alliance.

I would love to see your support for Ion had he said yes.

Here is the irony of the Ion experience...Before that video so many were posting threads at how stupid he was for decisions he made in Legion, and now BfA...the real irony of it is some of you treating him like he just made you a millionare are ones who posted he should be fired comments in various other threads. Point is your so called loyalty to him along with several others is your classic bandwagon scenario...Once he does something you hate you'll get on the hate wagon train with the others because like most you follow the crowd mentality...Never in my life and I am 60 have I seen people flip flop on their emotions like they do in this game.

I don't care if he said yes or no. I think he's a few less quarters of a happy meal...a man in his position should take a public relations course because he hasn't a clue how to handle the media and do it in a professional manner...and before someone says he doesn't because he is the developer...He actually does, how you present yourself is how you present your company and so far he hasn't made it look so good and this is echoed in more than a dozen youtube videos, blogs, facebook & twitter post and even on here.

I bet 300k that if Ion had said yes you would be throwing a tantrum and we'd have a milliion threads of hate towards him and you would be one posting your hate. I can smell a flip flopper and you sir are a flip flopper.
05/08/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Kyrelian
05/07/2018 10:33 PMPosted by Darkprøphet
I would love to see all the pro high elf addicts on this thread after blood elves get the blue eyes option.

C'mon Ion, its time to put that final nail in the coffin for the alliance.

Here is the irony of the Ion experience...Before that video so many were posting threads at how stupid he was for decisions he made in Legion, and now BfA...the real irony of it is some of you treating him like he just made you a millionare are ones who posted he should be fired comments in various other threads. Point is your so called loyalty to him along with several others is your classic bandwagon scenario...Once he does something you hate you'll get on the hate wagon train with the others because like most you follow the crowd mentality...Never in my life and I am 60 have I seen people flip flop on their emotions like they do in this game.

I don't care if he said yes or no. I think he's a few less quarters of a happy meal...a man in his position should take a public relations course because he hasn't a clue how to handle the media and do it in a professional manner...and before someone says he doesn't because he is the developer...He actually does, how you present yourself is how you present your company and so far he hasn't made it look so good and this is echoed in more than a dozen youtube videos, blogs, facebook & twitter post and even on here.

I bet 300k that if Ion had said yes you would be throwing a tantrum and we'd have a milliion threads of hate towards him and you would be one posting your hate. I can smell a flip flopper and you sir are a flip flopper.

i've been playing since vanilla and never unsubbed due to choices the devs made, it was only for those times where i didn't have enough money or was too sick. expacs others said were terrible, i mostly enjoyed. for example, i liked wod and mop and all the rest besides cata. wasn't a fan of cata till later when i got use to the changes to the talent trees and the healing got a bit easier. but other that, i subbed every expac and enjoyed the experience. this is the first time i'll be unsubbing before it even gets here.
05/08/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Píñkÿ
05/08/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Kyrelian

i've been playing since vanilla and never unsubbed due to choices the devs made, it was only for those times where i didn't have enough money or was too sick. expacs others said were terrible, i mostly enjoyed. for example, i liked wod and mop and all the rest besides cata. wasn't a fan of cata till later when i got use to the changes to the talent trees and the healing got a bit easier. but other that, i subbed every expac and enjoyed the experience. this is the first time i'll be unsubbing before it even gets here.

I haven't ever unsubbed. I taken time off due to wife passing and my own health issues, but I always make the best out of what's given to me. Or just be thankful for it. I won't unsub because of Ion's answers..in fact the game itself I haven't a real reason to unsub.

What is making me consider me moving on is the community and the level at which players are willing to go to be unkind. Use to be people would go out of their way to be nice to someone they don't know..now people go out of their way to be a jerk and what makes it even worse they don't care or have any remorse to how they treat others.

Finding good hearted people in this game is like finding a legendary on your first try..impossible.
I support the High Elf Community and dropping in to show my support for High Elves as an Alliance playable race
05/07/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Wyspers
05/07/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Atheinia

Both Nightborne and Void Elves are visually distinct enough from their counterparts to be acceptable for the opposite faction. High Elves simply aren't.

I don't think void elves are visually distinct at all. I think they're purple blood elves. So now I just think Blizzard needs to redo all the races with all new custom options. Then if they do introduce High Elves they really need to put some serious love into Blood Elves first. After that, introduce helves with a new model.

For me, what they did with void elves was really lazy and uninspiring.

Lol high elves with their own custom model? They're literally blood elves with blue eyes.

They're not going to get a custom model.
05/07/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Pontifice
This is like saying, "If you want to be a purple-skinned, muscular, white-haired, tall, majestic elf... that is a Night Elf."

Nightborne are not only purple, they are DEFINITELY not muscular...
And Night elves have more hair colors than white. And They don't look majestic at all.

Also, Blood Elves are High Elves.
Want the blue eyes? Roll a Belf DK

Want a thalassian elf in the alliance? You have Void Elves.
You can easily say you are a High Elf that studies the void. You can even fall in love with a human just as any Windrunner
05/07/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Mistakes
05/07/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Caledonii
...Ion isn't your dad.... he is just an employee for a company.

And if Ion said High Elves were being worked on you'd be quoting him like scripture
Well, if he said they were being worked on, they'd be in fact being worked on. Him saying no however means absolutely nothing. The game isn't his personal art project, its Blizzards product that they both....

• Are trying to sell to the public; thus invite public comment on the product, its development staff and the companies practices.
  • Actually asked for public comment on this one aspect.
05/08/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Maljinwo
Also, Blood Elves are High Elves.
Want the blue eyes? Roll a Belf DK
Nobody in this thread has ever claimed they wanted just blue eyed Belfs.
Want a thalassian elf in the alliance? You have Void Elves.
Seems you only think people want High elves based on their appearance, which is so untrue.
05/08/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Stëphanie
Seems you only think people want High elves based on their appearance, which is so untrue.

Riiiight... Because people don't want elves becuase of how they look.

What is it then? Their culture? Their lore?
That's all Blood elves.

Unless you want to roll a specific elf who claims that sucking magic out of people is wrong and evil. And then you can ally yourself with people using the void.
05/08/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Maljinwo
05/08/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Stëphanie

Riiiight... Because people don't want elves becuase of how they look.

What is it then? Their culture? Their lore?
That's all Blood elves.

Unless you want to roll a specific elf who claims that sucking magic out of people is wrong and evil. And then you can ally yourself with people using the void.
Have you heard of the Silver Covenant? It's okay if you've never rolled Alliance side.
For those that say... "the horde is there for you"....
You can easily say you are a High Elf that studies the void.

Alleria is a High Elf that studies the void, VE is just an !@# pull.

You can even fall in love with a human just as any Windrunner

No Human would like to get into an endless void.
I do have a Blood Elf. I've had her since BC, when you were not able to faction transfer a toon so in order for me to have a Blood Elf Paladin, you needed to level another one.

I've continued to level her every expac, but I just can't really get into her or make her my main because I *love* the Alliance. I can't stand Undercity, I don't like Sylvanas (she's evil), Ogrimmar is the worst laid-out city I have ever seen, and I just don't like the whole culture and style of the Horde.

What I really want is a High Elf, on the Alliance.
05/08/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Kyrelian
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I haven't ever unsubbed. I taken time off due to wife passing and my own health issues, but I always make the best out of what's given to me. Or just be thankful for it. I won't unsub because of Ion's answers..in fact the game itself I haven't a real reason to unsub.

What is making me consider me moving on is the community and the level at which players are willing to go to be unkind. Use to be people would go out of their way to be nice to someone they don't know..now people go out of their way to be a jerk and what makes it even worse they don't care or have any remorse to how they treat others.

Finding good hearted people in this game is like finding a legendary on your first try..impossible.

i remember first time i played, a guy on a horse (was impressive to see at the time), a paladin to be specific, got off his horse and gave me the blessing of kings buff. i had come from playing everquest where higher level players asked for tips to buff ya, and this guy just came by and buffed me for free! i thought.. . wow, what a nice game. hehe
05/08/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Nazjira
05/08/2018 05:15 AMPosted by Darkprøphet
Thank you. Their arguments strength continues to wane. When Blizz finally tosses every last one of the 4 remaining High Elves left into a pit of the void for all eternity, it will officially seal the deal of Ions painfully simple answer of No.

Good riddance to High Elves. play a void/Blood elf if you wanna play a High elf.

And you people got to resort to pettiness and twist the actual lore in order to pretend you make even a glimpse of sense.

"4 remaining High Elves"

You still don't get the population argument is rubbish?

Just. Sad.

Do you see thousands of humans in game in Stormwind? No. The amount we see in game doesn’t represent the amount that is in story. The fact that the story for High Elves is that there is too few covers that. Just go ahead and ignore that logic because it makes sense against your desires that have been said no to multiple times.
05/08/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Jibrille
I do have a Blood Elf. I've had her since BC, when you were not able to faction transfer a toon so in order for me to have a Blood Elf Paladin, you needed to level another one.

I've continued to level her every expac, but I just can't really get into her or make her my main because I *love* the Alliance. I can't stand Undercity, I don't like Sylvanas (she's evil), Ogrimmar is the worst laid-out city I have ever seen, and I just don't like the whole culture and style of the Horde.

What I really want is a High Elf, on the Alliance.
This is my problem, too. I don't want to play the "bad guy" who's led by a downright evil banshee queen. And every time I see a beautiful Blood elf or Nightborne in Orgrimmar, something just doesn't feel right. I like my "good guy" faction and it sucks that we can't have High elves because "they belong to the Horde lolz", when in truth, they've always been with the Alliance.
Damm you guys just can't take no for an answer. I can't imagine what kind of personality you guys have in real life.
05/08/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Nexsa

Do you see thousands of humans in game in Stormwind? No. The amount we see in game doesn’t represent the amount that is in story. The fact that the story for High Elves is that there is too few covers that. Just go ahead and ignore that logic because it makes sense against your desires that have been said no to multiple times.

hi nexsa

do you admit that blizz could write high elves a large enough population to play? by any number of avenues? like alternate universe mag'har. now people who are going to benefit from that AU maghar, are saying, just this once and no more.
they're doing that cause they're setting up the excuse for why high elves shouldn't be found in an AU. many of them literally want to genocide them all.

genocide, openly agreed upon because they are fair skinned blue eyed blondes, a mantra they keep repeating regardless of how many times we say we dont care what color their eyes are or their skin or their hair, as long as its fleshtones like humans get. it's even suggested we are being racist for wanting elves because fair skinned blue eyed blondes. repeat repeat repeat. we've painted artworks with brown eyes and blue eyes, with skin from ivory to black. with the full gamut of hair colors. none of it matters.

this is a scary thing. i worry for my children in real life.