Alliance High Elves Should be a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 35 36 37 39 Next
05/10/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Tannyya
It is IF The horde asked for a third elf faction or humans on the horde side are you saying you would find that fair? I doubt this very much, pot meet kettle
Yes just ignore the Reddit thread I linked that actually proves many peeps are in-fact fine with that :)

05/10/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Bahkkryel
You thinking it means anything more IS speculation. Probably a bit stronger speculation than thinking high and blood elves being in telegros rift training. Seeing as their is a direct result between training in the void and becoming a void elf.
What I used it to prove was this nonsensical idea that "majority of High Elves are becoming Void Elves as well" that's not seeded in any way. 3 High Elf wayfarers, who aren't even affiliated with any of the major High Elf groups on Alliance, means hardly anything in the grand scheme of things.

It's the same as that one Blackrock Orc who works as a shipwright for Alliance in WoD, it's just there to add some flavor but nothing really affected in the grand scheme of things, Alliance still as a majority hate Orcs and likewise for Orcs for Alliance.

Similar thing here, trying to blow up a few high elves in Telogrus as meaning significant chunks of High Elves are joining to where Void Elves are both Blood Elves and High Elves is pure speculation.

Whereas yes it is continuity showing High Elves in BFA but again understand that these are separate from the existing factions of High Elves such as Silver Covenant. Blizzard has in-fact added High Elves that are separate from the Silver Covenant into the game, thus providing more of them.

I don't take it to mean anything more than that so I'm not sure what you're implying.

It's still a hope I have that High Elves get added but I do understand it's unlikely.

What I'm merely pointing out is the difference between what is player speculation and what is actually happening in the game.

If High Elves are supposed to be sitting on the sidelines to make room for Void Elves being the main Alliance Thalassian elf then Blizzard isn't doing a great job of expressing that so far.
05/10/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Soulshox
05/10/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Azsula

Because before hating something you need to try it. As I said before, I tried them and they still suck, have zero lore and make no sense.

I can't feel any type of conection with this toon because I know they're only there to fill a gap.

The entire lore is from Blood elf and high elf empire. It didn't magically get removed when they became void elves.

Tired of people saying void elfs have no lore when their entire lore and history already exists all the way down to the high elf before the great wars. They have no current lore, because they are continuation of this.

We are not asking for a retcon but a continuation of HE lore (and everybody knows Blizzard is very capable of it) to explain why HE could be a little different and unite against the Horde.

Said that, VE doesn't feel as a continuation of HE lore because they aren't. They are a continuation (very poorly writen) of BE lore. The Alliance never asked for some BE traitors, we asked for the elves who were always loyal to us.

Yeah, VE carry the lore baggage of BE but they're not BE anymore, they are VE and as VE they still have zero background to explain what really means to be one. We know almost nothing about them except they were made in 2 minutes on a random day. It's like saying Vrykul lore is Human lore now because Humans descend from Vrykul.
05/10/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Kauryn
05/10/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Tannyya

Alliance players, serious question, would you think it was fair IF it was the horde asking for high elves or humans on that side?????? I didn't think so.....I love double standard arguments
\

If it's a serious question, why did you acknowledge the answer before anyone answered?

To answer. I couldn't care less if Horde got a Human faction. The more options that everyone has, the better actually imo.

I saw some post on Reddit about Alterac Humans on the Horde that actually looked really cool.
3:42am, getting ready for work, as always check this thread and catch up on reading, so much good information, awesome dedication and amazing speculations and theories.

Also try not get to crazy with “compromises”, Void Elves seem to be their version of a compromise and got us in this mess!, I’d be happy with Just good old pure Quel’dorei as a playable Allied Race as the Alliance.

Showing my support for true playable Alliance High Elves Quel’dorei.

Don’t forget to check out the tumblr it get updated frequently.

https://legacyofqt.tumblr.com

#PlayableHighElves&WildhammerDwarves.
05/10/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Reimora
So I agree population doesn't matter. The real obstacle is blizzard doens't think high elves are different enough from blood elves to add.

I don't understand why this is a barrier. I can only see it as reasons in 4 potential ways.

Gameplay: If there was an issue in regards to gameplay, say for example having identical races against each other is difficult for pvp, then Pandaren wouldn't be a thing.

Lore: Having identical races on each side could be seen as frustrating for lore junkies. However, High Elves on the Alliance make perfect sense from a lore pov.

Fairness: I personally don't see how it is more fair for a race to be exclusive to one faction, than usable on both factions.

Development time: As the race is already essentially developed, the time and hours it would take to implement should be minimal

So, I dunno, I don't see how them being similar to blood elves is a barrier in anyway.
05/10/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Kauryn
05/10/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Reimora
So I agree population doesn't matter. The real obstacle is blizzard doens't think high elves are different enough from blood elves to add.

I don't understand why this is a barrier. I can only see it as reasons in 4 potential ways.

Gameplay: If there was an issue in regards to gameplay, say for example having identical races against each other is difficult for pvp, then Pandaren wouldn't be a thing.

Lore: Having identical races on each side could be seen as frustrating for lore junkies. However, High Elves on the Alliance make perfect sense from a lore pov.

Fairness: I personally don't see how it is more fair for a race to be exclusive to one faction, than usable on both factions.

Development time: As the race is already essentially developed, the time and hours it would take to implement should be minimal

So, I dunno, I don't see how them being similar to blood elves is a barrier in anyway.

It's a double edged sword with how easy high elves would be. Take blood elves, replace green eyes with blue, done. People would call that lazy, especially when the horde got something with more effort put into it in response.

Because here's the thing, I don't think anyone who is anti high elf would rather get NOTHING instead. They would rather get something else. We're only getting so many allied races, and many of us would rather get something different than get blood elves again with a few tweaks. Especially with void elves already existing to give the Alliance something similar to blood elves physically while also standing out.

Lore wise high elves make perfect sense. In terms of adding something new to the playable roster, they don't. Anything you could add to them like ranger tattoos would make just as much sense on blood elves.

Personally I'm against high elves because there are a number of things I would rather see before them. If high elves were to be added, though they won't be in BFA either way, I wouldn't flip out or rage quit but I would be disappointed we didn't get something else instead, especially if we hadn't already traded the nightborne for a blood elf model already.
05/10/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Reimora
05/10/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Kauryn

It's a double edged sword with how easy high elves would be. Take blood elves, replace green eyes with blue, done. People would call that lazy, especially when the horde got something with more effort put into it in response.

Because here's the thing, I don't think anyone who is anti high elf would rather get NOTHING instead. They would rather get something else. We're only getting so many allied races, and many of us would rather get something different than get blood elves again with a few tweaks. Especially with void elves already existing to give the Alliance something similar to blood elves physically while also standing out.

Lore wise high elves make perfect sense. In terms of adding something new to the playable roster, they don't. Anything you could add to them like ranger tattoos would make just as much sense on blood elves.

Personally I'm against high elves because there are a number of things I would rather see before them. If high elves were to be added, though they won't be in BFA either way, I wouldn't flip out or rage quit but I would be disappointed we didn't get something else instead, especially if we hadn't already traded the nightborne for a blood elf model already.

I see, that's a fair response and I get what you're saying. It's not the addition, but the opportunity cost that is the issue.

For me, I just am unhappy with literally 100% of my race/faction/class options in the game. It ruins an otherwise amazing game for me.
05/10/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Kauryn
05/10/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Reimora

I see, that's a fair response and I get what you're saying. It's not the addition, but the opportunity cost that is the issue.

For me, I just am unhappy with literally 100% of my race/faction/class options in the game. It ruins an otherwise amazing game for me.

I think that high elves might have worked before void elves. MAYBE. If they say gave them the Nightborne treatment of tweaking their models a bit and adjusting their skin tones etc so they didn't look just like blood elves with blue eyes, though they don't really have as much of a lore reason to look different.

Now though, I feel like void elves make it too late, at least before a lot more allied races are potentially added. The trade was already made, and not everyone is going to want to trade a second alliance race like humans or dwarves over to the Horde to get ANOTHER Thalnassian elf model, especially one that's even closer to blood elves in appearance than void elves.

At minimum I would want a worgen, gnome and alliance Night Elf based allied race before I would want a second blood elf allied race on Alliance. Not to mention potential new races like theorized Vulpera/Sethark etc. And honestly I'd take wildhammers over high elves too, they've been in the lore just as long, are also already with the Alliance, and have none of the faction identity issues to worry about with blood elves.
05/07/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Gerock
I'll be the first here to raise my hand in support!
I might be Horde but the Alliance has been neglected for what they want this xpac.

Blizzard should write some lore saying the fel made the Blood Elves shorter and weaker, then give High Elves with an edited skeleton like Nightborne.

Blizzard needs to put effort in both sides.

Edit: Nobody was supporting while I wrote this.

-At least ask for a complete overhaul like Kul Tiran level. The allied races are already not unique enough at all and with the exception of 2.5 of them, they are 100% copy paste with skin tones, tattoos.

-for whatever reason the second allied races were announced it was like an invitation to complain, spam, and fight over what “should” or “shouldn’t” be made. Instead of seeing it as a point to get new content it actually had the reverse impact of making players complain more....

-Too many elves.

-this game has never been you pay sub and we deliver the content you asked for. They don’t take polls and make dev decisions.

-just because “some” players might have said one day “hey it would be cool if we could play X race” expansions ago before Allied races were even a glimpse in the eye of his game, and then some of them come to fruition years later doesn’t mean they favored horde or “gave players what they wanted”. You’ll never know the reason why they added what until they do so, until then you can use whatever evidence you want to construct an argument to justify your complaints

-nitpicking a statement explaining a question as to why high elves weren’t given is fine, but until you also accept that they decide what is what in this game, not YOU, then you’ll always have anxiety

-homogination is bad; watered down content is bad.

-of allied races were never a thing everyone would be better off. Instead they should have just been enhanced models and customization and quests to unlock new racials which would be selectable like talents. This would let them make your void elf have a light skin tone and blue eyes so people wouldn’t get literally mad that “horde got what they want why don’t we”.

-Generalizing what “the horde “ wants or gets is pointless since the horde playerbase is diverse just like the alliance

-it’s Blizzards game, they make it and you play it. If you don’t agree to the service then it’s optional. Feedback is different from complaints, demands, and endless threads of entitlement.
Fine. I’ll explain what I mean by “lore.”

Nightfallen: quest line with history of how they came to be, struggles, helped them and gained their trust.
Entire zone dedicated to them. Got to know noteable npc’s.

Highmountain: quest line where we helped unite their tribes against a common enemy. Zone and npc’s again.

Lightforged: lather, rinse, repeat above.

Void elves: Go check out this rumour of a bunch of elves getting kicked out of Silvermoon for playing with the void which conveniently coincides very loosely with a void themed quest in Legion and yet shadow priests have been delving into the void in silvermoon forever but THAT void is ok ...

<takes breath>

... and then go recruit them for the Alliance cause apparently we’re ok to accept our former enemies into our ranks even though we’re mad at them for getting our King killed but hey, byegones in the name of war.

Oh and there’s a noteable NPC you’ve never heard of .... and they live in a void rift. And it’ll take ya all of 5 min to feel like they’re one of the team.

Weak. Lore. Done.
Just wanted to say it is nice Blizzard extended your thread.
High Elves should be a playable race, they have been with the Alliance from the beginning.
All arguments against High Elves could be made against Void Elves.

We will get them some day.
05/10/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Arlindia
High Elves should be a playable race, they have been with the Alliance from the beginning.

THIS
05/10/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Dracowyrm
05/10/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Arlindia

THIS

Except high elves have history. Void elves have a side-bar lol
What people who don't like high elves actually do like.

https://bit.ly/2KSLzdF

And that's okay too!
05/10/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Aedrid
<span class="truncated">...</span>
THIS

Void elves also have a history. The joke they make all the time shows they have history. "First it was high, then blood, now void. Get the order right."

A void elf's lore is literally enriched in blood elven, and high elven past. You can't just choose to ignore their lore because their in another chapter of they're lives when void elves were very much alive for all three of their states of existence.

To say they have nothing but a side-bar is ignorant.
05/10/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Shadina
I believe they meant High Elves have history within the game of World of Warcraft, as in actually existing as a group for many years.

Void Elves are entirely new and happen right after Legion but before BfA. Thus they have pretty much no Void Elf history at all.

But yeah keep missing the point, as always.
Just bringing up something that I think it's cute, and I like about High Elves.

https://i.imgur.com/sYbgwHd.jpg

Amisi and Afsaneh are humans who have the same face and coloring, their name following the themes we have seen from some Uldum NPC's. That they are so similar probably means they are sisters.

But they have different last names. Afsaneh's last name is Asrar, Amisi has the same last name than the HE Arille Azuregaze (lol what an on the nose name for a High Elf hehe) Amisi is the inkeeper, Afsaneh the assistant, and Arille the Bartender, so it loos like it's a family business.

I think it's very implied that Arille and Amisi are married and her sister works with them. We have very little canon lore of High Elf/Human marriages beyond Rohnin and Vereesa, but Arille and Amisi have been in game since WotLK's Dalaran, and they are the owners of Dalaran's main Inn. I think both of this instances speak a lot of how Dalaran views Human/elf marriages.

I think Dalaran, and thus Silver Covenant High Elves are the most interesting for me because they definitely have a lifestyle and culture that's heavily influenced by their relationship with humans, what really makes them stand up from any other elf in WoW who are defined by their isolationism.

Be it High Elves with this outlook or their natural progression, Half Elves, to me this is the faction of elf I would like to play.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Void elves also have a history. The joke they make all the time shows they have history. "First it was high, then blood, now void. Get the order right."

A void elf's lore is literally enriched in blood elven, and high elven past. You can't just choose to ignore their lore because their in another chapter of they're lives when void elves were very much alive for all three of their states of existence.

Blood Elves, High Elves and Void Elves ALL share most of their story, this is known.

But also each group has their own, exclusive, lore. Blood Elves and High Elves have their own lore each since the later split and remained in human lands after the third war. Both of these groups have had almost 14 years of divergence in terms of lore and culture.

Void Elves? they were Blood Elves until 4 months ago, and the lore that differentiates them from BE and HE has been only explored through the recruitment scenario so far.

All "Thalassian" Elves share the same BG lore, but both Blood and High Elves have 14 years of exclusive lore that belongs ONLY to them. VE have so much less that's not even funny than those groups.